Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"if one tire repair fails I could be in for replacing a $1500.00 set of tires."

Why? A good tire shop can shave your new tire down to the same diameter as your old tires if necessary.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MM879
. It is very difficult to find any facility that is doing the job 100% correct. I drive a FWD pickup with OEM 20's and if one tire repair fails I could be in for replacing a $1500.00 set of tires. Finding a used tire to match a worn set would be next to impossible.

I gotta really do some thinking about whether my next vehicle is gonna be AWD or not. I just put two new Firestones on the front of my other Corolla for $150.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Don't worry, if you paid them cash I have no doubt they will claim it on their taxes to make sure they are giving back to the country. But hey, at least you saved a few bucks.

Anyhow, would you experience immensely righteous fulfillment if I conceded to your condescending suspicions?

I read that somewhere wink

Boy, somebody is awfully touchy about their 'Meskin tire shops.

Interesting thing is, I've been here more'n thirty years and they were already an old business when I got here. Same thing with the body shop.

The tire shop is open 7 days a week, always busy.

Didn't use them for years, always went to the big chain tire stores, then one day I needed a flat fixed quick. Been buying all our tires there for about 20 years.

I may have been too quick to judge. I have no problem admitting if I'm wrong. I assumed they were like all of the 'Meskin tire shops around here that only accept cash. They'll operate for a few years, close shop, then reopen in the same location with a new name.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molษ”ฬ€หn Labรฉ Skรฝla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JMR40
If we took away the incentive for them to be here we'd save $$$ billions by not having to build a wall and patrol the border. Just saying. I don't understand encouraging them to come for cheap labor then build a wall to keep 'em out.

Ainโ€™t gonna try and defend it. I will say that around here who is a Mexican Mexican and who is an Mexican American can be hard to tell. Itโ€™s like 80% Hispanic here.. Pretty sure an American kid changed that valve this morning.

As manual labor goes it doesnโ€™t seem to be a bad job. The labor sits in the shade and waits for business, Iโ€™m pretty sure they are paid on a per-task basis. Seems like if one guy is tired he sits back and let his buddy take the job.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I may have been too quick to judge. I have no problem admitting if I'm wrong. I assumed they were like all of the 'Meskin tire shops around here that only accept cash. They'll operate for a few years, close shop, then reopen in the same location with a new name.

No biggie, this is the only Meskin tire shop Iโ€™ve been to, other than maybe nine months back I had a tire come apart near Corpus and bought a $30 used tire to get home. That one was run by a heavily-tattooed Mexican kid scrambling to make a living in a small town, pretty sure he was American.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Some of those Mexican families in San Antonioโ€™s west side may have come over recently but a lot of them have been here for 100+ years. My in laws both grew up inthe west side and theyโ€™re families have been in the us since before 1900

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Some of those Mexican families in San Antonioโ€™s west side may have come over recently but a lot of them have been here for 100+ years. My in laws both grew up inthe west side and theyโ€™re families have been in the us since before 1900

Ya, I've been pointing that out on occasion to folks here who seem to assume one Hispanic is necessarily the same as another.

Come to think about it, on the deep West Side there's a bunch of really old-looking automotive-related small businesses.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

723 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16gage, 160user, 16Racing, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,842
Posts18,478,210
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.