Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by prm
Originally Posted by koshkin
I doubt that the 1.5-8x32 will return in the 30mm tube, but I think they will add an additional model to the line-up.

ILya

That too bad, I’ve become a fan of the 1.5-8x32 with the G4 BDC. I’m very intrigued by what they’ll offer though. My hope is it’s not yet another scope built for the long range crowd. There are very few, one could even argue zero, lightweight, durable, scopes that dial reliably for those occasional 300-500yd shots, or training, and have a reticle suitable for dark timber. i.e. built for the majority of hunters.

I have two of the 1.5-8x32 scopes. These are definitely among my favorites.

ILya

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Another vote for Razor HD LHs being super badass optics. I think it's myopic of people to dismiss them because "they're Vortex and I don't like their scopes." Regarding riflescopes, Vortex is an importer... a Vortex Crossfire is almost as different from a Vortex Razor as a Tasco is from a Zeiss. Both made in different countries, with different standards of manufacturing and different materials. Razors are top of the line, Japanese-made optics. Both of mine are fantastic.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Iv'e had one it was optically great but didn't track for [bleep]. It held zero once there but was just like a leupold when it came to adjustments 4 clicks right move 2" 2 clicks left not move at all but once sighted in stayed there. I felt like it was a rebadged leupold vx-3I

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I doubt that the 1.5-8x32 will return in the 30mm tube, but I think they will add an additional model to the line-up.

ILya

You may very well be correct, but I did ask IdahoPro and I believe he told me it was at least going to be very similar. No bets made!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OXN939
Another vote for Razor HD LHs being super badass optics. I think it's myopic of people to dismiss them because "they're Vortex and I don't like their scopes." Regarding riflescopes, Vortex is an importer... a Vortex Crossfire is almost as different from a Vortex Razor as a Tasco is from a Zeiss. Both made in different countries, with different standards of manufacturing and different materials. Razors are top of the line, Japanese-made optics. Both of mine are fantastic.

Things have changed over the years with Vortex, and your information is more than a bit out of date. Everything from manufacturing scopes to changing manufacturers, companies and countries.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

ILya

You may very well be correct, but I did ask IdahoPro and I believe he told me it was at least going to be very similar. No bets made!

I hope you are right.

It will be very interesting to see if the G4-BDC reticle will make it back in any versions of this scope. Apparently, it is a well received design in Europe, but not so much here.

It they do introduce a 30mm version of this scope with some sort of a half-decent reticle option, I'll pick up a couple more.

ILya

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I thought the eye relief was quite tight on the viper, ive got the 2.5-10x42, its heavier but alot gooder

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,513
Posts18,490,790
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.