Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Trav hit that right. I took my daughter there last year end of july.roads were very crowded,they atleast have the common sense to not allow RV's on the Going to the Sun highway up to and over Logan Pass. Take lots of money you'll need it. Better plan it and seek reservations for your stays. Yes the scenery is awesome. Personally I liked the road and scenery up thru the Swan valley better. The Seeley lake national forest campgrounds were nice. Get right down to it the nicest places in Montana are free but getting there costs$$$$. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Flave, I just reread your Browning comments to my wife from that link I posted. It was 4 years ago. She remembers it and we had another good laugh this morning. I was clueles............until we drove through Browning. The whole family laughed as we drove through.

LOL

I've definitely been worst places. But none of them were as comical.

Hope you all had a good trip.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

The National Parks are ran by fugk tards.

The season will be highly unpredictable.

100% agree, they could give a damn about your plans or if they are going to make money or not.

The management of our national parks should probably be turned over to private contractors that need to attract visitors while turning a buck.

But all that aside, The park service has been totally non-committal with their announcements, they just don't care.

Glacier National Park Is Temporarily Closed
Following guidance from the CDC and recommendations from state and local public health authorities in consultation with NPS Public Health Service officers, Glacier National Park is temporarily closed..

When Will the Park Open?
National parks have been making significant operational changes in response to the coronavirus outbreak. As a result of COVID- 19, Glacier National Park closed the entire park to visitors and recreational use on March 27, 2020.

The NPS is following White House guidelines for Opening Up America Again, a three-phased approach to assist state and local officials with safely reopening their economies, getting people back to work, and continuing to protect American lives blah blah blah blah blah blah,

If you want to read more non-answers and walk away still not knowing you can read the rest of their schit here >> https://www.nps.gov/glac/planyourvisit/statusupdate.htm

BUT......

The surrounding National Forest may offer an alternative if the Park Service falls on their face.

Flathead National Forest tips for playing outdoors this spring as Campgrounds and Cabin Openings are Phased in by Memorial Day

Flathead National Forest and concessionaire Flathead Valley Campgrounds are working hard to open developed fee campgrounds over the next three weeks, with most sites anticipated to fully open by Memorial Day weekend. Rental cabin facilities will also begin a phased reopening, expected on or before Memorial Day weekend based on seasonal availability and facility conditions. Currently, dispersed camping is available in developed sites in many non-fee campgrounds.

More of their crap here >>> https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/flathead/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD734585

To each his own but Glacier Park just sucks a big one.
Even though some of the best views and features the area has to offer are inside the parks boundaries there is plenty more to be had in the surrounding NF areas that are amazing but without the crowds of tourist and funky little park rangers policing you along the way.

Anything Glacier Park has to offer is ruined by having to deal with the crowds and their management system.

The National Forest Service has it's low points as well when it comes to management but at least they are being a little more committing with the re-opening of their services this year.

I recall you had plans for a raft trip, a call to one of them should answer your questions on their operations this year, they either have their operating permits or not by now,

Low and behold, I did a quick search on the two largest raft companies there (Great Northern and Glacier Raft) to see what they had posted on their sites regarding the 2020 season and found this posted on one of their sites.......

https://www.mtpr.org/post/glacier-national-park-confirms-june-opening

Wonder why the fu_ck the park can't post that on their own web page??
It'd just be too easy I suppose.......

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
JeffA, always the goldmine of info.....Appreciate it.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No shuttle service, 40% less staff, Airline bullschitt,

oh boy, decisions must be made soon here......

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I work with the NPS all the time.

I would not plan a vacation to a NP this season.

They are 100% agenda driven. And they could (or will) act accordingly.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The biggest issue will be with hotel and motel rooms if the Park bails on opening their lodges and camping facilities.

Book quick or you'll be SOL, The https://izaakwaltoninn.com is saying they will open on May 29th and currently have their rates slashed way down. You'd never be sorry you booked there....

I predict all available rooms and commercial campgrounds in the area to book-up all at the same time once the Park makes it's official announcement of their opening....

Seize the moment....

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JeffA
The biggest issue will be with hotel and motel rooms if the Park bails on opening their lodges and camping facilities.

Book quick or you'll be SOL, The https://izaakwaltoninn.com is saying they will open on May 29th and currently have their rates slashed way down. You'd never be sorry you booked there....

I predict all available rooms in the area to book all at the same time once the Park makes it's official announcement of their opening....

Seize the moment....

Food used to be okay.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I work with the NPS all the time.

I would not plan a vacation to a NP this season.

They are 100% agenda driven. And they could (or will) act accordingly.

If he falls back on what the National Forest has to offer and experiences it, he'd never go to that park again...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I predict all available rooms in the area to book all at the same time once the Park makes it's official announcement of their opening....

Seize the moment....

Food used to be okay.

Was in October last year.....

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It’s already busy at the campgrounds etc. going to be crowded as fugk on the surrounding NF if the park doesn’t open. Unless you have reservations at a forest service cabin and a week or so to drive around seems like a waste to me.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
It’s already busy at the campgrounds etc. going to be crowded as fugk on the surrounding NF if the park doesn’t open. Unless you have reservations at a forest service cabin and a week or so to drive around seems like a waste to me.

The Park is opening and 95% of the tourist don't drive off the pavement.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Seize the moment....

Food used to be okay.

Was in October last year.....

I remember the train tracks being the most interesting thing about the place.

That and a hummingbird feeder.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Pretty sure Kenneth is going to be in the tourist category.

LOL

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

The park will open at some point is accurate, I was referring to his time frame. Tourists go off pavement all summer long. All over the damned place.

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dad's two favorite places are Alice creek in Lincoln and Hungry Horse.

I dont think Hungry Horse is in the park though.

I am MAGA.
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

LOL

Not sure how to interpret that.

#couldgoeitherway

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sure glad Jim, @happyguy, doesn't write reviews for a career.

Lighten up Francis.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everybody from Wisconsin that wants to visit Montana should focus on Browning...... the real Montana....

If you venture to far from Browning you will be exposed to the dangerous hillbilly locals..... very dangerous, Browning is the best part of Montana.... it's all downhill from there

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth

LOL

Not sure how to interpret that.

#couldgoeitherway

It's not a dig.

You live in Wisconsin. You are traveling to see GNP. There are things in GNP that you can't see anywhere else in the world. That's why it's GNP.

If you wanted to fugk off in the NF, you'd probably have a lot of fun doing so, but it's not something you and your family are set out to do.

One is bucket list. The other isn't.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

386 members (163bc, 257 mag, 2500HD, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 35 invisible), 1,628 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,438
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.