-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funny thing to me, with the retrospect available to a "senior", is the first CF rifle I ever shot was an M1 Carbine. Yes, I have one and it shoots pretty well. I was 15 when I broke my cherry on that. 5 years later Uncle Sam handed me a M16 and told me to get my butt off the Group W bench and get to work. A year later I turned it in, totally wore out. First third of the barrel was a smoothbore. Today's generation seems totally smitten with the variants of the -16 and well, good for them. Somewhere along the way the munchkins fixed something not broke and I have zero interest in the plethora of oddities that have evolved. Zip, nada, none. Haven't fired a 5.56 round since '72 and likely won't. Why? I don't need it. Not that they don't work, because they do. Maybe, just maybe, if one was available with the original barrel length/twist I might....might....

My carbine fills my needs, but more than likely the first shot I'd fire would come from a much, much larger bore.

In the process of sighting the Carbine in this happened at 50 yards. Done deal, life is good....
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm quite content to display a part of the nuts and bolts I play with and with exception of the .30 Sneezer and .44 Mag note that all are a lot older than I am. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
More cool stuff KW and DD, these old guns will put a lot of modern scoped weaponry in the shade.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That Sneezer is a cool looking project. Cant imagine the Predator or Varmint that kicked off that chase down the Rabbit Hole...........

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pigs. They do not appreciate my creative side, not one little bit.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
OK,
did my homework and got on the Google. Found the ol Sneezer threads have been hijacked by the dreaded PhotoBuc$%T....
Now for the win, Any photos of the work still on the hard drive of the sneezer cases or groups?
Sounded like an enjoyable ride down an old back road, albeit with a slightly high fuel bill ($$$) when it came to parts and accessories to make it all happen with the gunsmiths.
Still a cool option and the Can on a lever is well with in the harts and minds of us up here in the NO bad black repeater territory behind enemy lines.
There is a RemLin somewhere just dying to be threaded and get a chopped mag tube.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, OK I reckon. The wood pile is old...bullets are cast, and I've shot some loads with black powder....

The tools:

Based on the OLD .357 case, purposed to replace the .22 RF I have been shooting pigs with as a volunteer for the state in a local feral swine eradication program. Previously limited to the RF due to State's concern about noise in the suburban area around the target preserve. Few years back the state legalized hunting with suppressors and "the boss" said it was OK fine with him, There are a couple others similar wildcats out there but they are directed mostly at jacketed bullets. This was to be purely subsonic lead, hence the long neck.

Bullets: Mostly fiddle with this one, the final design and mould craft by Steve Brooks; 185 grs. I also shoot the Lyman 311041 which casts about the same weight.

The Lyman bullet is no slouch. 5 shot group on the left.

Nor is the Brooks bullet.

In the course of load development I found several viable powder/primer combos to play with. 5 shot groups.

Pretty much covers it.

Back on topic..............my WC Scott 12 bore....

I am..........disturbed.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I too get bored with modern rifles; but not real often. When I do, I have a Pedersoli Lyman Model of 1878 (Creedmoor) in 45-70 (modified with Kelly Soul sights) that gets me by. When I am just kinda bored, I pull out my Ruger #1S in 45-70. This caliber is one of my favorites to reload and shoot. Someday I may might have to try out a 45 Colt or other cowboy lever action rifle if I get really bored.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ok Ill stay on topic. That WC Scott is a beauty. ANY round Ball ever make its way down the bores?
But the Sneezer is a real looker with the lead cast. I say that is out of the normal enough to qualify.
PS thanks for digging in the archives to find the photos and documentation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mr. Scott has belched a few times to be sure.

I love the smell of black powder in the morning. grin

I am..........disturbed.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I worked on a W&C Scott that had the little glass windows in the sideplates so you could see the internal hammers and see if the gun was cocked or not. That was pretty cool.

Edit

I love the smell of Black Powder

Period!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 02/03/20.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Quigley crawled inside my head today.

Hey California, BLOW ME.

I am..........disturbed.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
There are several firearms and designs I have never owned or shot as they generate absolutely no interest whatsoever. AR's is one of them.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.