Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
String "theory".

IMO it's at best, "string hypothesis". I'm not aware of any predictions made by string theory that have be experimentally confirmed.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not looking all that good for String Theory, yet still better than God theory...which, being a matter of faith, doesn't even rate as a theory.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
.... I'm not aware of any predictions made by string theory that have be experimentally confirmed.

Well, it is a knotty problem.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
String theory is not the final word, it's not even the only proposition in town. Astrogenesis is a work in progress.

Unlike Faith, nobody is claiming to have the last word or the final answer.

The universe may be cyclic or a part of a greater system, etc, so regardless of religious claims, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, Christianity, New Age or whatever, the fact is that nobody knows.

You obviously don't understand the word "faith". You use it all the time and don't seem to realize it. Just like the child and dog tracks in another thread, what can't be tested is accepted by faith.

You assume that it's me who doesnt understand faith. You are wrong. You base your assumption on faith.

Faith is often used as a blanket term, sometimes referring to trust or reliance or good will, done in 'good faith' etc, etc. But the essential meaning of faith in religion is a belief held without the support of evidence.

You can find it in the dictionary. It's nothing controversial.

Religions are systems of belief held on the basis of faith, the Hindu faith, the Christian faith, Islam and so on...all being faith based religions.

Now, you probably don't like this, but it's just how it is. If you aren't sure, check your dictionary.

"Faith is often used as a blanket term, sometimes referring to trust or reliance or good will, done in 'good faith' etc, etc. But the essential meaning of faith in religion is a belief held without the support of evidence."

This is the kink of faith you practice. You believe what is called scientific facts that have no way to be tested, much less proven.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[quote=IndyCA35Here's where you're wrong.

While any process creates more disorder as a whole, you can create more order in a localized process provided disorder is created externally.

If that were not possible, it would be impossible to make steel our of iron ore. [/quote]

You are leaving out one key ingredient: The intelligent individual applying non-random controlled energy.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
String theory is not the final word, it's not even the only proposition in town. Astrogenesis is a work in progress.

The universe may be cyclic or a part of a greater system, etc, so regardless of religious claims, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, Christianity, New Age or whatever, the fact is that nobody knows.

You obviously don't understand the word "faith". You use it all the time and don't seem to realize it. Just like the child and dog tracks in another thread, what can't be tested is accepted by faith.

You assume that it's me who doesnt understand faith. You are wrong. You base your assumption on faith.

Faith is often used as a blanket term, sometimes referring to trust or reliance or good will, done in 'good faith' etc, etc. But the essential meaning of faith in religion is a belief held without the support of evidence.

Religions are systems of belief held on the basis of faith, the Hindu faith, the Christian faith, Islam and so on...all being faith based religions.

Now, you probably don't like this, but it's just how it is. If you aren't sure, check your dictionary.

"Faith is often used as a blanket term, sometimes referring to trust or reliance or good will, done in 'good faith' etc, etc. But the essential meaning of faith in religion is a belief held without the support of evidence."

This is the kink of faith you practice. You believe what is called scientific facts that have no way to be tested, much less proven.

That's not an argument. You are merely asserting your belief in defence of your faith.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Not looking all that good for String Theory, yet still better than God theory...which, being a matter of faith, doesn't even rate as a theory.

Again you are showing your faith. Either the universe is self organized or organized by an outside force. One appeals to fairy tales of infinite nothingingness. The other appeals to an Infinite Adequate Cause.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

That's not an argument. You are merely asserting your belief in defence of your faith.

Again you are wrong. I am showing you you constantly depend on faith. What evidence to you have for something from nothing? Your faith!

Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Again you are showing your faith. Either the universe is self organized or organized by an outside force. One appeals to fairy tales of infinite nothingingness. The other appeals to an Infinite Adequate Cause.

Not at all.

It is clear that matter/energy has certain properties and that it is these properties that shapes and forms the universe on every scale, gravity forming stars, planets, galaxies and clusters on the grand scale and forming interactions in chemistry on Earth and other planets.

There is no sign of a magic man orchestrating all of this, it is self organising on the principles and attributes of physics - electromagnetism, strong force, week force, gravity, etc, etc.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Again you are wrong. I am showing you you constantly depend on faith. What evidence to you have for something from nothing? Your faith!

You are not showing anything. You are making statements in the assumption that your assertions are actually true.

In order to show or demonstrate something you need to produce an actual argument...and that entails an example, evidence and a logical explanation for your proposition.

You do none of these things. You just make statements in an irritated manner.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Not at all.

It is clear that matter/energy has certain properties and that it is these properties that shapes and forms the universe on every scale, gravity forming stars, planets, galaxies and clusters on the grand scale and forming interactions in chemistry on Earth and other planets.

There is no sign of a magic man orchestrating all of this, it is self organising on the principles and attributes of physics - electromagnetism, strong force, week force, gravity, etc, etc.

You are again using faith to believe matter/energy have certain properties. You believe they get these properties simply be existing! That is the height of arbitrary. I can just as easily say matter/energy have no properties unless given and sustained by The Infinite Intelligent Energy Source. The very things you believe just popped into existence are the very things I use to demonstrate the need for a Creator.

Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

You are leaving out one key ingredient: The intelligent individual applying non-random controlled energy.

Touche, Ringman. I'll say this. You and I often disagree but you're no dummy. smile

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
OK, so what's an example of order being created without an intelligent individual applying non-random controlled energy?

How about gas clouds in teh galaxy condensing into stars and planets? Or many reproductive processes of lower animal and plant life? But...as yet we don't know how the first life started.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cooper57m

touche!

love me some Iris!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
After reading this thread - my head hurts!
Believe what you have faith in.
I will do the same.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
OP: whatever you are trying to prove has nothing to do with the video you posted, which is simply a summary of relativity principles which have been accepted by science for 100 years or so.

I suspect what you're trying to get to is, "you can't have creation without God because the universe becomes more disordered, not ordered," or words to that effect. (Layman's description of the 2nd law of thermodynamics.) If so, you didn't quite get there.

Here's where you're wrong.

While any process creates more disorder as a whole, you can create more order in a localized process provided disorder is created externally.

If that were not possible, it would be impossible to make steel our of iron ore.

I guess you missed it. Darn.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by DBT

"Either the universe is self organized or organized by an outside force."

Where did you get the idea that the universe is organized at all? There's no end to the universe in any direction as far as we know and we'll never what's out there. Why worry about it anyway? We're all going to end up as buzzard bait at some point so just try to enjoy the time you have left on this beautiful planet.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Infidel
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
.... I'm not aware of any predictions made by string theory that have be experimentally confirmed.

Well, it is a knotty problem.

yes it is and for that we can thank Knot theory, and using least coloring, can determine the order of the knot (eg.Trifoil, torus, and 4 dimensional manifolds.

Three strings walked into bar and the first one order 3 scotches
bartender said we don't serve your kind here
second string said give us 3 scotch
bartender said like I told your friend we don't serve your kind here.
third string tied himself in a nasty tangle, pulled strands out of his end to create a wild mop hairdo and said to the bartender give us 3 scotches
bartender says your not fooling me, your one of those strings,
3 string looked straight in the eye and said Nope I,m a frayed knot.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Not at all.

You are again using faith to believe matter/energy have certain properties. You believe they get these properties simply be existing! That is the height of arbitrary. I can just as easily say matter/energy have no properties unless given and sustained by The Infinite Intelligent Energy Source. The very things you believe just popped into existence are the very things I use to demonstrate the need for a Creator.

There you go making declarations again. The properties of matter/energy/space/time demonstrably exist. Electromagnetism demonstrably exists, nuclear energy demonstrably exist, the relativity of time is proven, gravity can be calculated to the point where we can land probes on other planets.

But nothing in the way of a magical creator has been detected, planets orbit because of gravity and mass, planets form, rain falls, rivers flow according to principles of physics, not magic, not a magical puppet master.

We understand that the world works on the principles of physics. We do not know why they have the values they have.

To assume that because we don't know why matter/energy has these values it must be the work of god, is a faith faith based belief.

It's a fallacy called the God of the Gaps.

It's not faith to realize that we don't know why matter/energy has a set of values, but it become a matter of faith to say ''God did it''

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I'm sure Satan or any of his minions can blow up a garbage dump and come up with a nice Cessna, right dbt.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (06hunter59, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 222Sako, 1minute, 70 invisible), 2,610 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,564
Posts18,473,207
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.