Print Thread
Hop To
A
auk1124 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
I had a question about an old Timney trigger I have on a Howa that I bought many years ago, and I emailed Timney customer service. Got an answer within an hour, and also learned along the way that I have one of the first Howa/Vanguard triggers (mine is actually a Beta version).

Pretty darn cool. I really like Timneys; had never contacted them before, but my interaction with them was top notch.

And by the way, their Calvin Elite AR trigger is a great single stage AR trigger...

Last edited by auk1124; 01/14/20.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where did you email. I had a question but in my digging I could only find info about their current work. Largely drop-in trigger groups....[email][/email]

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 01/14/20.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
A
auk1124 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Where did you email. I had a question but in my digging I could only find info about their current work. Largely drop-down trigger groups....

I talked to a very nice lady named Megan at customerservicetimneyusa.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ah thank-you, Thank-you very much." I was busy at the time and assumed .

That is made an a$$ out of me and me...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
A few years ago I bought a timney off this site - not knowing "someone" tried to adjust it and buggered it all up. I sent to to timney and asked them to return it to factory specs; that's all I wanted.... Instead they sent me a brand new trigger!!!
Thus I paid for a used (greatly discounted) trigger and got a new one.

Wonderful customer service for sure!

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
All I use in bolt action rifles. Their Calvin Elite is the [bleep]!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Hancock27
A few years ago I bought a timney off this site - not knowing "someone" tried to adjust it and buggered it all up. I sent to to timney and asked them to return it to factory specs; that's all I wanted.... Instead they sent me a brand new trigger!!!
Thus I paid for a used (greatly discounted) trigger and got a new one.

Wonderful customer service for sure!

I had the same result a year or two ago, after purchasing a used Timney off the Campfire that was screwed up the the original owner!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I got one for my new Model 70 as the MOA trigger ain't worth a damn far as I'm concerned..Love it....

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I've got 3 or 4. when I have a MilSurp rifle rebarreled I replace the Military 2 stage with a Timney. I have 3 on Mauser actions. Damn good triggers. I want to replace all three of my Remington 700s with Timneys. I've had them gone through by my gun smith but they're still the stock Remington triggers which can be dangerous if allowed to sit and get gunked up with oil and dust. They aren't like most triggers which have a trigger and a sear. Between the sear and trigger there's a floating third piece. These triggers if well maintained can be adjusted smooth and very light. But if they get dirty they can hang up and when the safety is taken off can go off, or when the bolt is closed. Mike Walker, the designer of the 721-722-725-700 realised this years ago and tried to get Remington to let him revise the trigger, but they would not. It has been the subject of several lawsuits through the years and has come back to haunt Remngton. The Timney makes a great replacement.

Last edited by Filaman; 01/24/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been a big Timney fan for years.
But I may not buy another nor buy another Jewel trigger.
Trigger Tech is the next leap in technology.
The sear and the trigger do not slide on each other, they have a roller between them.

Think of Timney and Jewell triggers as dragging something and TriggerTech as pulling something on wheels.
https://triggertech.com/pages/how-it-works

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I removed a very mushy Jewell & replaced it with a Timney. Most of my rifles have Timney’s. Buy it preset at your spec, install & you’re done. Watts not to like?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I think where Remington got into trouble was their safety did not block the firing pin. A Mauser's military safety blocks the firing pin. That along with elimination of that floating piece between the trigger and the sear would make any rifle a whole lot safer. I don't care if the sear and trigger rub instead of roll. If the surfaces are polished there's not much friction there. I can get my Timneys adjusted down to 1.5 to 2 pounds which is plenty light for my use. If they were strictly target type rifles and I wanted to get them down under a pound, well there's lots of triggers out there that meet those specs and don't have anything in between the trigger and the sear to hang up and let go when you least expect or need it.

Last edited by Filaman; 01/25/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,457
Posts18,471,135
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.