-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm happy to be wrong on that. If you're reloading it to factory specs please post the info.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Are any SF type units playing with that HK round the 4.6 or 4.7? Or is it dead.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The H&K USP-45 is often described as a tank of a gun. I wonder if it could hold up to .45 Super?

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Just did a search, and someone on H&KPro.com seems pretty sure it can.

"YES!

The USP 45 can fire 45 Super all day long. . . no problem!"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Another comment on the question:

"Greg Bell shot 25 rounds of .45 Super through his HK45. At the time it had about 1,700 rounds through it. He now has over 8,000 rounds through the gun and it's running like a champ."

Who's Greg Bell?

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The H&K USP-45 is often described as a tank of a gun. I wonder if it could hold up to .45 Super?

Without a doubt just as it comes from the factory. Very accurate boot

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

By all accounts, it can.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Another response:

"I've shot a few hundred rounds of 45 super through my USP and Tactical with no problems. I took a hog with one a few years ago as well. You should be fine.

Doc"

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The only anecdotal data I have on the .40 S&W was when a deer was hit by a car and one of our Sgts has to put it down. It was a mesium sized doe and he fired his issue Glock .40 directly into the back of its head from about 3 ft away and the bullet ricocheted off the skull....twice. He then used a knife to the throat.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by pacecars
The only anecdotal data I have on the .40 S&W was when a deer was hit by a car and one of our Sgts has to put it down. It was a mesium sized doe and he fired his issue Glock .40 directly into the back of its head from about 3 ft away and the bullet ricocheted off the skull....twice. He then used a knife to the throat.

Holy crap.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I believe so though I cannot, at this moment, recall where I read it. The fullsize Springfield XD will handle it, the Glock 21 and select 1911s. As with many things, it depends on who you ask.

I've got a HS6 load for the PPQ 45 that scoots the Lee 452-255-RF to 853 fps from a 4 1/4" Walther PPQ45. There's a little throttle left on that one, but I am familiar with those ballistics and satisfied with them.

Last edited by SargeMO; 01/25/20.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sarge, would it be advisable to put in a stronger spring, or just as it is? Someone at that other site said he fired a bunch of .45 Super through his USP-45, but was concerned about how it felt like it was banging hard against the stop, so he installed a stronger spring.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Do you honestly expect anyone to believe that a .40 S&W ricochets off the skulls of deer from 3'?

Do you honestly believe that?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Holy crap.

That is what he said plus a few other colorful words directed at the round and the people that chose it! I picked up the deer for the meat and we did a necropsy on it. There were two dents in the skull about an inch apart inline between the ears. We cut off the back of the skull and it looked like a normal skull. Couldn’t recover the bullet to find out if they were to blame.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I believe for personal protection, the 9mm and the 357/38Spl are pretty well dialed in. New ammo developments continue to make them better.

Particularly the 9mm, has economy of mass quantity. Probably will be the most popular defensive handgun chambering for a good time to come.

In short, it's tough to beat the 9mm at it's own game.

As much as I’m a proponent of the .357 sig for certain applications, overall you’re correct.

After doing a lot of side-by-side comparisons on vehicles, etc I still believe that for ‘my’ application the sig has some advantages. The advantages of 9mm cost outweighs it, though, when looking at the larger picture.

Thus, the 9mm professionally but I keep an identical gun in .357.

I like the 357 Sig too. It's a pretty hot round. Mine is a Glock 22 with a 6" KKM barrel.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My words above are more a generalization of the mass handgun market.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Holy crap a 40 bounced off a deers head!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SargeMO

I believe so though I cannot, at this moment, recall where I read it. The fullsize Springfield XD will handle it, the Glock 21 and select 1911s. As with many things, it depends on who you ask.

Has anybody asked the manufacturers? What do they say?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by deflave

Do you honestly expect anyone to believe that a .40 S&W ricochets off the skulls of deer from 3'?

Do you honestly believe that?

Yes because I know the Sgt that shot it and I saw the deer and examined it. I skinned the skull and saw the dents in it. So I believe it fully. This was probably 15 years ago. I don’t remember the load they were using but I know they did some more testing and switched loads. A few years later they switched to .45 Glocks. Now they are using 9mms

There was also the guy who hit the deer watched him do it and said he wouldn’t have believed it if he didn’t see it. He was a gun owner and said he normally carried a .40 also

Last edited by pacecars; 01/25/20.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Holy crap.

That is what he said plus a few other colorful words directed at the round and the people that chose it! I picked up the deer for the meat and we did a necropsy on it. There were two dents in the skull about an inch apart inline between the ears. We cut off the back of the skull and it looked like a normal skull. Couldn’t recover the bullet to find out if they were to blame.

Which loading was used?

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 26 invisible), 1,936 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,848
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.