Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by readonly
I will need to buy a new tractor in the next few years. I have a 50-60 year old small John Deere. I want to get something that is 4 wheel drive, can pull a batwing...so that's at least 70 HP. Would like a loader to clear the driveway in snow, etc.

I don't need a lot of bells and whistles but would probably like a cab. And will probably get something closer to 100 hp.

I'm not a farmer and don't know much about tractors. From looking around on youtbe the Case IH seem pretty nice.
HP will depend on the size of the batwing you'll obtain.. Case-IH are fine.. So is JD.. So is Kubota.. Which is sold from your closest/nicest dealer?

I've driven "red" since I was 5 years old; bought my first (of five) IH tractors in the '70s.. Loved 'em all. But in '11 I bought my first JD compact 4120. Loved it, but it was just a tad small, but the real issue was the loader - that model only rose to about 7'6"... I needed more height.. In '15 or '16 I traded it for a JD 3039R and the H165 loader.. Now it can rise to over 11' and I have 10 more HP to work with.. Best tractor I've ever owned to date..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload pic

Last edited by Redneck; 01/27/20.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I like John Deere but I must admit the older models are better than the new and improved "government mandated" models.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ackleyman
I like John Deere but I must admit the older models are better than the new and improved "government mandated" models.

Absolutely... Mine was just ONE year before DEF was mandated for that line... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Redneck

Absolutely... Mine was just ONE year before DEF was mandated for that line... smile

I'd for sure go used w/o DEF rather than new with DEF

Pain in the arse, that stuff.

I see truckers all the time. Seems the older trucks, pre DEF, sell for a premium. The newer ones get cussed and discussed.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Redneck

I'd for sure go used w/o DEF rather than new with DEF

Pain in the arse, that stuff.

I see truckers all the time. Seems the older trucks, pre DEF, sell for a premium. The newer ones get cussed and discussed.

DF

Yeah, the govt is here to help.

Ethanol.

Low sulpher diesel.

Tier 4 emissions.

Pickup DEF mandates.

Heavy equipment DEF.

With enemies like that, who needs friends?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
All this emission crap has broke a lot of truckers. If they would have put all their efforts since 2002 into improving fuel efficiency trucks would be burning 25% less fuel so obviously 25% less emissions. Only government wouldn't see the logic in that. As dirtfarmer said the older pre emission trucks sell for a ridiculously high price. Glider kits were popular up till a couple years ago. I think the reason they aren't anymore is the shops wouldn't do them and the cost.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Before my last purchase, I looked at dozens of older tractors. Those that have reasonable hours and are in decent condition go for an unbelievable premium around here.... It’s hard to pay that given interest rates for new and or cash discounts.

I agree with the older diesel truck thing. I have a 2003 duramax with 125k miles. Every time it’s in for an inspection or maintenance, someone wants to buy it. I had it sold to my best friend 4 years ago. The day we were to settle up, he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.... Of course, I’d purchased it’s replacement in the intervening week.....

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Your dealer is huge in this decision. All the compact tractors (under 100 hp) are made by someone else anyway for the most part (India and Turkey) . They ALL need service and parts,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We agree Doors, ever feel like John The Baptist, crying in the wilderness? [Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We agree Doors, ever feel like John The Baptist, crying in the wilderness? [Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

GFY

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ran Kubota for the last 25 years or so. Worked my machines hard. Very few issues. One Kubota dealer recently closed and another lost its Kubota franchise. Closest dealer now is John Deere w next closest Kubota dealer another hour + away. Decided to purchase a new 75 HP John Deere.

Last edited by 163bc; 09/02/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 163bc
I ran Kubota for the last 25 years or so. Worked my machines hard. Very few issues. One Kubota dealer recently closed and another lost its Kubota franchise. Closest dealer now is John Deere w next closest Kubota dealer another hour + away. Decided to purchase a new 75 HP John Deere.

Not to nosy, but just checking comps...

What does a new 75hp JD go for now? Include loader?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ASVPRock
John Deere has always been the most popular brand, and for a good reason. The resale value of most JD models makes them an excellent investment. But others aren't really that far behind. One thing to keep in mind. Today's tractors are not going to be easy for the average person to work on themselves. So unless you are going to buy new, I would seriously look at a good, clean, used one. Such a tractor will last a long time and work just as well as a new one. But you shouldn't skimp on Plant & Machinery, that's my opinion. Since if you skimp, you will have to buy a new one shortly.

Year and a half old thread?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
John Deere, the 6.5 Creedmore of tractors.

^^^^^^^^^^
6.5 Creedmoor of Oregon

LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by ASVPRock
John Deere has always been the most popular brand, and for a good reason. The resale value of most JD models makes them an excellent investment. But others aren't really that far behind. One thing to keep in mind. Today's tractors are not going to be easy for the average person to work on themselves. So unless you are going to buy new, I would seriously look at a good, clean, used one. Such a tractor will last a long time and work just as well as a new one. But you shouldn't skimp on Plant & Machinery, that's my opinion. Since if you skimp, you will have to buy a new one shortly.

Year and a half old thread?

That is a spammer.

Nefarious link in all his posts.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Haven’t checked on a Deere, lately (I’ve got a 5085E that is 6 years old, that was $48k, new. It’s still worth about what I paid for it (low hours).) I’m about fed up with the Deere dealer’s nickel and diming service department..

I priced a 70hp Kubota, with loader, last week, and was told approx $58k. I imagine a Deere is about the same, give or take $2-$3k.

An 85-90hp is well over $60k, now. About $15k more than I paid 6 years ago. Thanks, Biden inflation....

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I am not a farmer and I no little about tractors but my son has a 45hp Kioti that he is very happy with. Obviously it is a Compact class tractor and not the AG size being discussed here but they make 90hp + tractors.

He purchased the Kioti based on the dealer support he had and it has been good.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Haven’t checked on a Deere, lately (I’ve got a 5085E that is 6 years old, that was $48k, new. It’s still worth about what I paid for it (low hours).) I’m about fed up with the Deere dealer’s nickel and diming service department..

I priced a 70hp Kubota, with loader, last week, and was told approx $58k. I imagine a Deere is about the same, give or take $2-$3k.

An 85-90hp is well over $60k, now. About $15k more than I paid 6 years ago. Thanks, Biden inflation....

That's about what I thought.

I have a 2019 Mahindra 75hp I bought new.

Was at the dealer the other day and he had a new one sitting there, fresh off the truck. I asked him what I could buy it for... $43k. (They list for about 56k +-)

I'd buy another one. Very comfortable, heavy tractor. Very advanced technology. No DEF. No DPF.

Love my Mahindra 6075! smile Probably should have bought that new one the other too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Are any tractors made in U.S.A.?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Are any tractors made in U.S.A.?

Not many.

Even my 100hp Case was made in Italy.

On the bright side, by New Holland skid steer was made in Kansas... USof A. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1lessdog, 222ND, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,066
Posts18,482,544
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.