Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
With Pravda (aka the Main Stream Media) losing market share due to the fact that talk radio and the Internet are providing an alternate/opposing viewpoint, perhaps a third party might have a chance of making some headway against the two “Big” parties in the near future.

I was raised a democrat and switched to Republican when I started voting (thank you Jimmy Carter). As has been stated the Republican party has left US.

I will not quit voting, as that will give the liberals, and the soon to be (if Bush/Ted can pull it off) Illegal Alien voting block full control, but I will vote as conservative as possible. I will also do all I can to support the building of a Stronger more Viable third party.

We are headed down a trail with a Big cliff at the end of it at this point in time.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's see.....what is it ole Ronnie thinks should be done with the troops? Ah, yes...pull out quick!

Dayum shame his dad didn't.

All American

All the time
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don`t know about anyone else, but you guys have me in a panic all right.
Bob

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Stan V
By the way, Ron Paul is as big a suck up as all the other moderate Republicans running for Pres.......he's a RINO.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Hey Bristoe! Staying straight this evening? BTW--what's a RINO...these internet acronyms are driving me nuts.............

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Unfortunately, voting outside the Dem and Rep party lines on the national level is like the futile pusuit of the prom queen, when you could have had your pick of two ugly girls.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
RINO....Republican In Name Only

All American

All the time
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You guys keep forgetting the battleground states. It's the battleground states that elect presidents. A third party would have to win the battleground states and that aint gonna happen. Voting for president just doesn't matter anymore. sick

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who's backtracking? The people who climbed way out on the limb. Their moves are displayed every day even in the MSM, which says something.

The Democrats misread matters and are now paying for it, albeit in small ways so far.

Regarding Paul, his good points will be lost among the bad without my saying a thing. He'll do that all by himself. You're powerless, Bristoe, in your attempts to change that.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by milespatton
I guess I'll be the one to start it. This kind of thinking is what got us Bill Clinton. There was enough that voted for Ross Perot to unseat the first Bush. miles

Using that thought process, be sure to thank Ralph Nader for keeping Bush in office.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Just wait... within an hour, two tops, you'll be hearing how they are SO much better than the alternative (i.e. think that the only alternative is the Demoncraps) that you'd be a fool to leave the Republicrat camp.

FWIW, I left them a while back... they left me long ago.

That's the problem VA, we have been indoctrinated into believing there are only two choices--and until we change our minds......more of the same 'ol.....same o'l.

Casey

Exactly....

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by twodogs
Hope I didn't keep you guys waiting too long for this one.

If you libertarian, third party, independent, no voters and the rest, like what you've seen from Congress in the past four months you're gonna love four or eight years more of it. Just imagine what you'll get from Hillbillary, Nancy Baloney, Ted the Drunk, Harry the Crook and the rest of them.

The present Republican members of the House and Senate are of the same moral character as these swine. Don't try to tempt me with more PORK! smirk Its past time to clean house, not rearrange furniture. laugh I hope we scare the hll out of you party line voters from both sides. eek

Yep....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As others have very cogently noted, The Republicans have left us. We didn't leave them. I changed my voter registration to Independent before last year's Congressional election and unless something drastic happens (i.e. a real candidate comes out of the woodwork) I seriously doubt I'll even bother voting in 2008.

HBB

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree that we need another party in the mix, but you can't wait until the Presidental election to invent it. It needs to start little and build to have a chance to succeed. With the alternative that is sure to be, I can't cast my vote on a sure loser. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
milespatton;

You're gonna be casting your vote for a sure loser anyway... as in a worthless politician who will not go to bat for the things you believe in.

To me, that's a lot worse than voting for someone who supports and represents your ideals and your values, even though that person might not win.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NEVER allow a liberal to win by default! Not voting is never the answer.......it could be a lot worse than W in the white house.....Skerry? Albore? Klintoon?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

All American

All the time
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
There's an expected response...

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Let me get this straight, Stan...

Just to keep a known liberal out of the White House, you'd vote for anti-gun, pro-abortion, pro-amnesty, anti-state's rights, pro-big government, pro-entitlement programs, weak on defense Rudy Guiliani?

Tell me, what would be the functional difference, since you'd have a liberal in the White House anyway?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Regardless of how shortsighted it might be. Throwing the baby out with the bath water never did much for the baby.

Neither did having your throat cut, or back stabbed, by the lesser of two evils, just because you couldn't try to find a way to avoid either evil.

I see a long, hard road ahead. The Ron Paul's of America can't win, because they appeal to so few people. America is right at the tipping point, where those that benefit from the liberal agenda outnumber those that are having to pay for it.
I don't see it getting better Sean, the numbers are against us. Times are truely, a changing. What the kids learn in school reflects virtually nothing of the values we hold. What constitutes "American culture" now, is out of synch with what we feel it should be. One thing is certain, America is never again going to be what Ward Cleaver and Ozzy Nelson experienced.
The only political, peaceful thing we can do is to be as active in local politics as possible. Short of that, well, I hate to hazzard a guess as to what may be just over the horizon for us.

Sam
So true...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
VAnimrod, let me put it this way. The person that has the best chance of keeping Hillary or OBama out of the white house, has my vote. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The problem is we don't have any perceivable threat to pull us all together.

When there isn't a challenge people get divided against each other vs. joining against a common foe. You can see it pretty easy, and given our distance from wack-o's who cause problems not too many people really feel threatened by the mid-east.

9-11 pulled us together for a few years, I don't want to predict where it will go, but all you can do is hope for the best. It's always been the case that the US doesn't get the middle east culture. The media has never presented it as it is, they always try to make it "little america" - it isn't!

Spot

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (257Bob, 257 roberts, 25classic, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 66 invisible), 4,188 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,584
Posts18,532,300
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.