Print Thread
Hop To
#14507661 01/26/20
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I've wanted one of these for too long. Anyone own/shot one that didn't like it? Was going to buy a H&K P30SK today but picked up the little CZ and it fit me like a glove. Price is same/same. Watched some vids today and no one had anything bad to say about them at all.
Why are the CZ's not more popular?

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I have the P-01. Lots I really like about it. Super reliable. Points naturally. Feels great in the hand. Carries well. Rugged. I carried it and shot it a good bit, and could shoot it well, even with the transition from double to single (although the first round always hit a little lower than the subsequent rounds).

I was close to making it my daily carry, but one thing really bothered me about it. Trigger slap. After a few mags full, the pad of my trigger finger had had about as much trigger slap as it could take. Apparently, this is a common complaint with certain variants of the CZ-75D.

Trigger slap is when, simultaneous with the gun firing, the trigger strikes your trigger finger hard enough to eventually cause pain. I've never had that experience till the P-01, and I've owned and extensively shot many dozens of semi-automatic handguns in my life.

Just Google "CZ-75 trigger slap."

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Damn! Never heard of that but after searching seems like it's pretty prevalent. Thanks Hawkeye.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My boss has one of the custom shop models. Hell of a pistol.....

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22
My boss has one of the custom shop models. Hell of a pistol.....

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]

Image isn't showing?
Id really like a HK P7 but just can't justify the cost for a shooter. The CZ looks like it's built like a tank with above average accuracy.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You might like the Tristar T-100 at around $360? I have the C-100 and it's fantastic. Canic makes good CZ clones, some say better even. No decocker and no finger slap, not saying there is a correlation. I was keen on having one at first, but don't really care for them after all. Perfect size and ergonomics, 16 rounds, smooth trigger, accurate and reliable. Classy real metal gun. Add wood grips for a more civilized appearance. You'll be impressed regardless of the price.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
IMHO the reason CZs aren't more popular is the company doesn't market them well. Love my CZ85, haven't noticed the trigger slap, I'll pay more attention next outing.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I just ordered the Omega. I don’t know why they re not more mainstream, but they are gems. I have a SP-01 tactical and a TSO, they are exceptional pistols. I also have two rim fires of theirs in 22WMR and 17 HMR and like their pistols are a exceptional value. The first thing you notice when you pick one up is how much better they feel in the hand than any other pistol. I have medium sized hands, 1911s are a pretty good fit but I can’t reach the mag release without turning the gun slightly. That’s not a problem for me with the CZ AND the CZ is a double stack. They don’t have a trigger out of the box as good as a 1911, nothing does, but there are kits that will make it close.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I asked my WI. local gun shop why the CZ's are as rare as they are given their great reputation and was told that it is the CZ marketing. A gun shop that wants to have some of the more popular CZ's to sell can't do it unless they purchase at least one of everything that CZ sells. That is a lot of high priced inventory and some won't sell as well as others. I've yet to handle a CZ 75 Compact, but would like to. Shooters World down here in Orlando probably has one in their rental area that I could try when our gun club makes a trip over there.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A travelling gun club? Do they have a bus? What do the windows taste like? Don't you own a car, yourself? Call a cab? So many questions after that comment.....

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 33 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.