Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I too have old eyes (1939 vintage), but with surgery and the right glasses I can see pretty well, actually better than when I was younger. When fiber optic sights appeared, at first I thought it was another gimmick, a solution in search of a problem. However, I've come to appreciate them, as they just seem better for me than black or plain white dot sights. I'm going to put a FO front sight on my G44, just not sure which color tube, red or green, and the best width.

My gunsmith was at the range yesterday and we talked generally about what aftermarket trigger stuff might become available for the G44. Have to wait and see.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul39;

That's an excellent idea on the fiber optic front sight!

I had them on several lever actions over the years, and they work GREAT for my eyes!

Virgil B.

Last edited by vbshootinrange; 01/27/20.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I hate to burst you glock fan boys' bubbles here, but there are reports of the new "hybrid" poly slide cracking and the extractors flying out. Have fun...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bsa1917hunter: Could you direct me to some (or one!) of these reports.
You would think the usually very thorough and intelligent folks at "Glock" would have tested these Model 44's and NOT let a big batch of Model 44's out of the factory with your contended built in flaws?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by killerv
I'll tell you what, if you've never tried the smith and wesson m&p compact 22, you need to.

Kinda what I was thinking. I bought one ( M&P Compact), a couple or three years ago, for $279, at Whittakerguns, on a whim. It's been a very good little pistol. Same magazine capacity, same reliability, if not better, and it hasn't had any blown case rims like they're showing on youtube already.

Let's round it out, less costly, more reliable, and doesn't blow out cartridge rims. Sounds good to me.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I hate to burst you glock fan boys' bubbles here, but there are reports of the new "hybrid" poly slide cracking and the extractors flying out. Have fun...

A friend posted a few pics on Facebook yesterday. One cracked slide and one with what looked like a guide rod hanging out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's not opinion, facts are showing the Glock 44 to be needing some help.

And FWIW, the lowly Taurus TX22 is kicking ass.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
.22 Plinkster on youtube claims that his new Glock .22 is unreliable with all of the 36gr ammo he tried running in it. All other weights cycled properly but he got one, two light rim strikes per magazine with multiple major brands of 36gr ammo.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
It's not opinion, facts are showing the Glock 44 to be needing some help.

And FWIW, the lowly Taurus TX22 is kicking ass.

I've seen pictures of one of those with a broken slide already, too. He had put a can on it, and screwed it down too tight, and the slide kept slapping the can and it snapped in two. I'll bet that isn't uncommon on ANY of the aluminum slide-ed guns like the SR-22 or M&P Smiths, if the user is the slightest bit careless. None of them are perfect, nothing is.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Early on the TX22 had a run of bad barrels.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Not sure why you would be happy about new Glock 44 owners getting guns with potential issues but to each his own. I ordered one and sure hope it's accurate, durable and reliable as it looks like a great option as a training aid for my Glock 19. I personally think a Ruger Mark II, III or IV would be a much better option if wanting to shoot suppressed......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'll just keep running my 4" Colt Woodsman.....damn thing is like the Energizer Bunny.....it keeps going, and going, and going...…. grin

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Do the hybrid poly slides break on those, too?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How's the Walther made S&W M&P .22 holding up? Those come in a full size and Compact version but I don't hear a lot of talk about them.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Nebraska: Yikes, maybe I will hold off a bit on the purchase of the Glock Model 44 - I am trying to get some definitive information on this possible factory defect?
Speaking of Ruger MK-II's, MK-III's and MK-IV's I just bought another Ruger MK-II this weekend - it is the stainless heavy barrel model with 5 1/2" barrel.
I am sure I own at least a dozen Ruger MK's of all four variations/models - I shoot four or five of them and the others I just bought as investments and for posterity.
I plan on leaving each of the four VarmintChildren their own MK and those will be "hillary proof" guns - if you know what I mean!
I am still puzzled on the possibility that the folks at Glock sent out a pistol model that has NOT been thoroughly tested???
I am still stunned by the light weight and handy fit of this Model in my hands.
I could throw one in my day pack/back pack and a box of shells and not even notice it being there - I could fire "signal shots" all night with it! Let alone shooting the heads off of Grouse and such.
That is until the slide crumbles.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
How's the Walther made S&W M&P .22 holding up? Those come in a full size and Compact version but I don't hear a lot of talk about them.

The full size are contracted out to Walther...not the compact. The compacts are in house by Smith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
.22 Plinkster on youtube claims that his new Glock .22 is unreliable with all of the 36gr ammo he tried running in it. All other weights cycled properly but he got one, two light rim strikes per magazine with multiple major brands of 36gr ammo.

Just watched that yesterday. He didn't keep the one he tested; too many issues, not all about function, but rather the value received once the cost of a threaded barrel was factored in, plus the fact that he couldn't get it shooting to POA. His take seemed to be that it's a good choice for someone who wants a well-matched Glock 19 trainer.

If I were a Glocker, I'd be looking at conversion units if I wanted a good shooting .22.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Mine is holding up fine, but the trigger is awful.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trigger on the TX22 is very good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did a quick search and from what I'm reading both models are hammer fired, not striker fired, so the feel of the trigger is going to be different from the center fire striker fired models. What's awful about it? Is it supposed to be a crisp single action type trigger and they blew the "crisp" part or did they try to mimic the staple gun feel of the center fire?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 3,387 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,373
Posts18,469,350
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.