Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
So, I'm interested in when you figure we are going to sprout wings and become a new species?

Let's devise a plan, my grandson and your granddaughter? Is it a go? Wings and a high IQ new species?

Allright,, sounds good. PM me with the winglets location.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/28/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB4

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't think it would sink in no matter how many times it's explained. Dr Jag simply doesn't want to know.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So, I'm interested in when you figure we are going to sprout wings and become a new species?

Let's devise a plan, my grandson and your granddaughter? Is it a go? Wings and a high IQ new species?

Allright,, sounds good. PM me with the winglets location.

I give it 6 million years, give or take a million

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, that's a pos cop out.
Come on, fill everyone else in, genius.

Now, tell me about those genetic DNA mutations that result in a new, advanced species. Then tell me about another exactly the same as that one occurring in the same location with the opposite sex at the approximate same time frame that can result in propagation of the the new species.

Your suckers like Valsdad are waiting.

I Dindo Nuffin
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Couldn't even watch the whole video. Now that evolution has been debunked how does that explain the Neanderthal DNA that showed up in my DNA analysis ?

The same way chi mpanzee DNA showed up in your DNA analysis.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2012/06/bonobos-join-[bleep]-closest-human-relatives

Now go shave your forehead.

Last edited by Fubarski; 01/28/20. Reason: bleep
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The theory of evolution does not try to explain the genesis of life, only how life changed after its beginning."

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep., and how amoebas became humans and how from amoebas other species became extant.

Amoebas became lions and humans and dolphins and redfish.

Darwin came up with this ridiculous BS in 1859. Since then the idea has been psychologically indoctrinated into the retards quite successfully.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Yep., and how amoebas became humans and how from amoebas other species became extant.

Doc,

How old do you think the earth is?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Doc,

I expect millions of years.

Now, how do you think life started?

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Doc,

I expect millions of years.

Now, how do you think life started?

Millions, but not billions?

Well, at least you've made it out of the thousands.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, that's a pos cop out.
Come on, fill everyone else in, genius.

Now, tell me about those genetic DNA mutations that result in a new, advanced species. Then tell me about another exactly the same as that one occurring in the same location with the opposite sex at the approximate same time frame that can result in propagation of the the new species.

Your suckers like Valsdad are waiting.

Jag, Dr Jag, right?

Last I heard they taught stuff in college like Mendelian genetics and such. You went to college, right?

Last time I studied any sort of genetics, if I'm not mistaken I think I learned that it doesn't take two of the exact mutations to occur in different members of the same species for change to occur. The change can be passed on by one individual. The change doesn't even have to occur in species that reproduce sexually, therefor no need to have two individuals of the same species have the same mutation and live in the same area so as to be near enough to reproduce.

Given enough time, is hard to believe significant changes could occur so as to produce a distinct new species? Not for me at least.

As to watching your video, as I said, I'd read a transcript if one existed. I'm not going to watch 12 minutes to find the truth. "truth" was passed on to me in Parochial School. "truth" was passed on to me in HS and University. "truth" was passed on to me in the school of hard knocks too. Ms Jarret tried to pass the "truth" about Geometry to me in HS, required me to do homework every night and if not turned in 2 points off the quiz score every Friday, said quizzes comprising a large portion of the final grade. I did no homework and lost 10 points every Friday. I also didn't follow her lectures during class, as she was usually going over the homework from the night before. During class I read the next chapter in the Geometry book. I passed the class with a B+ if I recall, because the best I could get was a B every Friday, under her "truth" going at her speed. In "truth" I got an A in the class. Other folks "truth" sometimes is too slow for me to follow. It's like that with a lot of videos.

Jag, some of us are concerned you're starting to go a bit overboard at times. I'm hoping that some of it is fueled by Demon Rum. If so, you may want to pray to the "truth" for some help.

Best wishes for a calm evening.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is a line of reasoning I picked up years ago, not sure where, but it stuck with me.

In nature, we regularly observe distributions. Take grains of sand on a beach, the weight of ducks in a flock, etc. We measure them and find variations around a mean. Graph the data and we see the famous Bell Curve. In some cases we see a Poisson distribution. But in general, we see variations that are predictable.

Now let us consider the relative intelligence of the critters on the earth. Some exhibit little intelligence, like amoebas, slugs, and the like. Then we see a progression to insects, amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and primates. Then 30 standard deviations away we find a critter that is different from all the other critters. This critter builds nuclear power plants and goes into outer space; The premise that this critter is a result of the random mutations of other critters doesn't pass the laugh test. Were it so, that great gulf between this critter and the other critters would be littered with other species exhibiting levels of intelligence filling the gap. Anyone who hand waves this away doesn't understand science. The only way of explaining this is that something outside of the observable system added un-natural intelligence to mankind.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
But there were numerous species bridging that gap. We even carry DNA from a couple of such species which interbred with humans.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
So, wheres your new species to tout? Yes, and I passed genetics and comparative anatomy and organic chemistry in flying colors. In fact, I was accepted to a graduate school doctorate program a year before getting my batchelors degree.

When I went to graduate with a drs degree the university was in a quandary as I had no BS degree. They ended up having to give me an honorary BS degree or something like that.

I gave you a serious scientific video to see, yet your time was too valuable to perchance learn anything new, yet here you are an hour later trying to give me the 3rd degree.

Why don't you grow the guts to watch the video and then confront me legitimately in a scientific disagreement over what it shows and I agree with? Are you too afraid Vals dad led Val astray with BS?

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So, wheres your new species to tout? Yes, and I passed genetics and comparative anatomy and organic chemistry in flying colors. In fact, I was accepted to a graduate school doctorate program a year before getting my batchelors degree.

When I went to graduate with a drs degree the university was in a quandary as I had no BS degree. They ended up having to give me an honorary BS degree or something like that.

I gave you a serious scientific video to see, yet your time was too valuable to perchance learn anything new, yet here you are an hour later trying to give me the 3rd degree.

Why don't you grow the guts to watch the video and then confront me legitimately in a scientific disagreement over what it shows and I agree with? Are you too afraid Vals dad led Val astray with BS?

AS I mentioned earlier, I went to visit friends. They are more important than your video, which you are vehemently decrying as the "Truth".

Transcript please so I can see if I want to use my time to watch the rest of the show.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

It's from a flat earther.....and neither scientific nor serious.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Would a transcript I could quickly scan for pertinent items point that out? Or would it lead me to the "Truth"?

Asking for a friend.

Geno

In it is contentment

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Would a transcript I could quickly scan for pertinent items point that out? Or would it lead me to the "Truth"?

Asking for a friend.

Geno

Yea, it would be very obvious rather quickly.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, no time for a video.

Gotta go catch an English Premier League soccer game now.

I know, I know, how unAmerican.

Maybe I'll watch a HOCKEY game instead, I think I've got one of those in the DVR.

The "truth" will have to wait.

Geno

In it is contentment

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

If you passed biology you should know that it doesn't take the same mutation in both individuals to pass on a beneficial trait. I suspect that you were not paying attention in class.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (007FJ, 160user, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,333
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.