Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I would not have guessed that Leupold shot every returned scope for at least 4 rounds of 375.

I seriously doubt that they do.

Tahnka's attitude toward returned scopes is a reflection of the entire Leupold team, as was evident in their "campfire exclusive webcast". A bad Leupold scope is one in a bazillion. The problem is the customer. Leupold use to be able to get away with it, when there were no better alternatives in the market, and 99.9% of the setups were set and forget, but times, they are a changing.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Tahnka
One of my favorite pastimes back then was to go down to the tunnel at Leupold and hang out while a Customer Service pal was testing scopes "sent back" for failure to track, hold zero, etc.

The process involved strapping the suspect to a time-worn old .375 that was extremely accurate but not yet dead in the harness (M70 I believe), and "shoot the squares".

When acquittal came (almost without exception), the scope got wrapped up in the test target and fired off to the shipping department (sometimes with a detour toward cosmetic work at no charge).

Customer Service Dave would smile from the bench and say, "It all pays the same."

I would not have guessed that Leupold shot every returned scope for at least 4 rounds of 375.

I wonder.....were groups shot after each adjustment or just 1 shot?

If they shot 4 rounds through that .375 for every scope returned for zero/erector system problems they would have to replace the barrel it every other month.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Toward some concerns here, I will ask for review of my relationship clearly described with Leupold. Particularly that I was never an employee. I would be the first to state for certain that not EVERY scope returned was (or could have been) shot on that bench with THAT rifle, or even that each scope was shot. I witnessed MANY. (Shot quite a few, and we shot 4 3-shot groups.) I was not privy to the specifics of each (or any) complaint or entire evaluation procedure and generalized that in my description of time spent in the tunnel with persons testing returns. I CAN state that from many sources at Leupold (if that makes it suspect) that the vast preponderance of scopes sent back for tracking and zero complaints were shown to have no faults (substantiated by what I saw in the tunnel) . I can also say with some common sense assurance that testing a scope is most probably much more economical than rebuilding one that may not need it.

I spoke of the Redfield company's demise strictly in the marketing sense as it related to similar decisions later engaged at Leupold, and particularly of Leupold's admirable resistance. I am familiar with Redfield's story of their HAZMAT situation described accurately here, but that has nothing to do with my comparison, nor does it in my opinion describe entirely why Redfield died. That the company had changed hands (I don't recall a vacancy then when there were NO Redfield scopes marketed) prior to those marketing decisions does not alter the fact of those marketing decisions or the effect on the customer base: the only arena of comparison that I presented. I still believe the effects of those decisions contributed to Redfield's final demise (creating a HUGE vacancy of Redfields), and for precisely the same reasons as I later described my changing views toward Leupold as a long time customer (continuing the comparison on a personal level). I was also (and still am) a devotee of original Redfield scopes. Heck, I even own a couple of the "Redpoulds" or "Leupfields" as one might call them.

But I was never an employee of Redfield either. I would certainly defer to a former executive of Redfield toward any analysis he (she) might give regarding the demise.

I welcome any questions that I might answer as to my personal experiences in the orbit of Leupold during that time period (about 20 years). To be held to minute specifics about manufacturing changes, written protocol for testing procedures and the like, I will offer only an apology that I was never in a position to supply those answers.

Last edited by Tahnka; 01/30/20.

"I have always disliked the words 'authority' and 'expert' when applied to those who write about guns, shooting,and hunting. I have never set myself up as either."
Jack O'Connor
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock

Stop pulling nonsense out of thin air, the simple fact is their recent scopes have a ridiculously high failure rate, much more so than the older series

What is the failure rate of Leopold’s newer scopes?

For me 100%
I had great luck with the vari X111s I owned, one each of 2.5-8, 3.5-10 and 6.5-20
That was when I was shooting a lot, often that would be 1000 rounds of 270, similar of 222 per year, all at game for a period of about 10 years

In the last 10 years I have returned a 2.5-8 and 4.5-14 because neither would hold zero, no knob twisting and only a few hundred rounds of 708 and 260 for the 4-14 and a hundred or so on the 2.5-8, and it was suspect from the start

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I had used Leupolds for many years and didn't realize that they didn't work properly. At site in they never adjusted correctly and that is just what was normal.
I got into long range shooting and I bought a Nightforce, what an eye opener. No more chasing zero, shoot once make correction and yoj were sighted in. My rifles shot better groups than they ever had with the Leupold scopes.
Leupokds claim that nothing is wrong is total and complete BS

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

With Redfield forwarding a product line of "Five-Star" and similar "levels" of product lines, a Redfield was no longer a Redfield. Their attempt (probably survival driven toward Bushnell and the like) to offer Joe Six-pack a Redfield scope resulted in their customer base being thrown into a sea of confusion. The end was observable and relatively swift, especially when word got out that "Redfields" (the economical models mostly) started to fail.

Wait a minute......

Redfield didn't die because of marketing and manufacturing decisions, Redfield died because the original company was facing clean up costs, legal costs, EPA fines, and even possible criminal charges, which the costs far exceeded the value of the company from dumping toxic waste at it's Denver facility. I recall Browns Shoe Co bought Redfield 30-40 years ago, only to find out Redfield people lied to them about the toxic dumping.

By the time the "Five Star" and other scopes appeared, the Redfield company as we know it didn't exist--the facility was abandoned, the company sold and the name licensed to different company(s)/conglomerates--to avoid those cleanup costs and culpability, and of course leaving the taxpayer to clean it up. The Denver Redfield facility was a Superfund site for decades.

I have no knowledge of the other info you have provided, but now a bit skeptical.

What did Leupold specifically do to change the internals post 2003 to make them less reliable?

What where they dumping, I can’t imagine building scopes could be that toxic?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have an older M8x4 that has been returned to Leupold twice to fix broken reticles. Apparently the vicious recoil of my 10/22 target model is to much for the scope to handle.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
CAN state that from many sources at Leupold (if that makes it suspect) that the vast preponderance of scopes sent back for tracking and zero complaints were shown to have no faults (substantiated by what I saw in the tunnel) . I can also say with some common sense assurance that testing a scope is most probably much more economical than rebuilding one that may not need it.

I CAN state, and it can be verified by several reputable members here, that I have a rifle that aggs in the low 0.3's for 5 shots, and in the 0.4's for 10 shots. This rig is the proving ground for suspect scopes, with a pair of 30mm and 1" Seekins picatinny rings, depending on the scope. I CAN confirm that I have received Leupold's canned "no fault" response when I can prove unequivocally that the scope is in fact AT FAULT. "Send it back to us" they say. This time some work was done, I honestly can't recall what, as the scope was never opened upon return, but sold.

This was the last straw. I sold every Leupold scope and will never own another. To put out a suspect product is one thing, to play me for a fool is another.

Tahnka, to think Leupold simply has a branding issue is completely misguided.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jwp475

I had used Leupolds for many years and didn't realize that they didn't work properly. At site in they never adjusted correctly and that is just what was normal.
I got into long range shooting and I bought a Nightforce, what an eye opener. No more chasing zero, shoot once make correction and yoj were sighted in. My rifles shot better groups than they ever had with the Leupold scopes.
Leupokds claim that nothing is wrong is total and complete BS

Exactly.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock

With Redfield forwarding a product line of "Five-Star" and similar "levels" of product lines, a Redfield was no longer a Redfield. Their attempt (probably survival driven toward Bushnell and the like) to offer Joe Six-pack a Redfield scope resulted in their customer base being thrown into a sea of confusion. The end was observable and relatively swift, especially when word got out that "Redfields" (the economical models mostly) started to fail.

Wait a minute......

Redfield didn't die because of marketing and manufacturing decisions, Redfield died because the original company was facing clean up costs, legal costs, EPA fines, and even possible criminal charges, which the costs far exceeded the value of the company from dumping toxic waste at it's Denver facility. I recall Browns Shoe Co bought Redfield 30-40 years ago, only to find out Redfield people lied to them about the toxic dumping.

By the time the "Five Star" and other scopes appeared, the Redfield company as we know it didn't exist--the facility was abandoned, the company sold and the name licensed to different company(s)/conglomerates--to avoid those cleanup costs and culpability, and of course leaving the taxpayer to clean it up. The Denver Redfield facility was a Superfund site for decades.

I have no knowledge of the other info you have provided, but now a bit skeptical.

What did Leupold specifically do to change the internals post 2003 to make them less reliable?

What where they dumping, I can’t imagine building scopes could be that toxic?

The main contaminants were chlorinated degreasing solvents, commonly used to degrease machined parts. Trichloroethylene mainly. It got into groundwater at parts per million concentrations and migrated off-site, Groundwater is not used in that part of Denver but TCE and it's breakdown products including vinyl chloride are volatile and can seep into basements in vapors. Some houses have had mitigation systems installed, similar to radon systems.

Alpinecrick's summary is not totally accurate though. First, I haven't seen anything that would indicate it was "dumped" per se. It's very common for industrial solvents to find their way into groundwater from leaking tanks, small spills, floor drains, etc. Just about every Air Force Base in the country has (or had) similar contamination. Second, Brown paid for the cleanup, not taxpayers.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Have used Leupolds for 30 years no big problems, just burned a lot of ammo sighting in, generally had to move the impact a bit each season during sight in. Lately not so much. I just sent my 6x40 FX-3 back to them. Any time I moved the adjustments I ended up doing the dance. Zero moves each time out. Nice scope, great eye box, bright, no ring marks, torqued appropriately. Rifle confirmed with a 6x mq swfa no rifle problems, no bedding problems, no load problems. Scope is a POS in my opinion, as was the 6x36 purchased about a year ago, same story. I refuse to use a mallet on a scope after each adjustment like some suggest or you see some doing at the range.

When I get this scope back with a note telling me the scope is fine, it is repaired, or I recieve a replacement, I am going to sell it here on the fire. So if any of you Leupold fans want a 6x40 FX-3 at a great price, pm me, and I will reserve it for you, we can negotiate the price.

Good luck with new ones.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Labman95
I have an older M8x4 that has been returned to Leupold twice to fix broken reticles. Apparently the vicious recoil of my 10/22 target model is to much for the scope to handle.

10-22 is hard on scopes. Get a better buffer in there and your scopes will last far longer...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
"Tahnka, to think Leupold simply has a branding issue is completely misguided."

What I think can rarely be divined by anyone (except perhaps that my dog scares me sometimes toward that ability). Persons on this forum may rest assured that I will not purport to possess such an admirable skill, let alone apply it toward others.

What I say is much easier to determine. "Simply a branding issue" is not a phrase I believe I have ever uttered. Once again, my posts here are merely my own experiences and I come here to offer them when they may be appreciated. I also come here to learn from others' experiences, because I value those.

I would be more than happy to SAY what I think might be contributing factors to the disparity of experiences expressed here where Leupold is concerned. It would bear little resemblance to what thoughts I have been assigned,

"I have always disliked the words 'authority' and 'expert' when applied to those who write about guns, shooting,and hunting. I have never set myself up as either."
Jack O'Connor
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Literally living "intimately" with the inner circle of the higher-ups of the Product Development, Design, and Marketing divisions of Leupold for a very significant portion of my life (never an employee, though operated as a corporate "spy" at numerous industry conventions and the like), I can definitively say that the company over a period of time loosened its moorings from its original structure and direction.

To their credit, much of this was done out of motivation for survival. They WERE a big fish in a small pond. As that pond gradually became Lake Superior, Leupold HAD to change or die.

The beginning of this "Sea-Change" (fittingly described according to the previous analogy) was the decision to bring to market various "grades" of Leupold. That decision can probably be assigned to an actual date on a calendar. This is the precisely identical decision and strategy that previously had led to the demise of the original Redfield company: Leupold's chief competitor in the old small pond of quality American sporting optics.

Leupold maintained their adherence to their baseline and came out on top. One of the big fish in that small pond was dead.

With Leupold's much later decision to "expand the product line" (toward Joe Six-pack), history repeated itself according the destructive marketing model pioneered by Redfield. Multi-tiered product lines DID allow Leupold to stay viable in a rapidly growing flood of competitors. But rumors began regarding "outsourcing to Japan and China" (accurate where products containing electronics were concerned) and predictably some of the lower-end scopes began to fail at a rate higher than the originals. Later decisions to actually outsource electronics-free optics ("Wind River," etc.) confused die-hard Leupold fans even further, especially with some product lines that no longer carried the literally bullet-proof warranty (persons that had somehow managed to shoot their older Leupold scope got it replaced). In graphic irony, Leupold purchased the Redfield trademark and applied it to a "lesser" line of scopes.

In my unique position as a "Shadow Advisor" to the Product Design and Marketing divisions at Leupold, I railed against these decisions from the start, even at corporate dinners with the CEO and his minions. I received what I believed was more respect for my opinions than I thought I deserved. "Old Guard" Leupold employees (Jack and Mike Slack, Chub Eastman and the like) bolstered my concerns, and those at the top end of the corporation with MUCH less field experience than even myself (let alone the company stalwarts) actually listened and the inevitable was put off for some time. But the idea kept erupting: probably because the New Sheriff running the outfit was more of a marketing guy than a hunting guy and he was facing monetary reality better than the cadre that included me.

No longer connected to the company in any fashion, what I see now is indeed a multi-tiered (nearly kaleidoscopic) product line that confuses even me (that has tried to keep track). The purchaser of something Leupold produces has to sort through a myriad of questions: Gold Ring or not? Outsourced or not? Bullet-proof warranty or not? Optics guaranteed but electronics in the same item not? Dropping of products (fixed power, Compacts, etc.) that appeal to shooters of more practical tastes, exterior designs that feature sharp corners and huge television dials instead of low-profile field-friendly smoothness, etc.,etc.,etc.

It has not all been good. But it has kept Leupold alive. My current strategy is to find excellent-condition classic Leupolds on gun-show tables (still under bullet-proof warranty). The problem here is that others have adopted this strategy as well: prices are going up on the old stuff: especially on the ones not made anymore! I have also explored other brands more than I did in previous times.

And with over 50 Leupolds in the stable here, the majority of them being used in the field and on the target for a likewise large number of years, I have NEVER found reason to "send one back". (But I've never put a bullet through one either).

Excellent post, sir. Thank you for that. Where DOES one draw the line on the older Leupolds?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Tahnka, my perception of your position on branding was based on a paragraph you wrote on, well...., poor branding. My perception of your opinion on mechanical issues was based on your personal experience with over 50 Leupold scopes and the fact that you have "NEVER" (emphasized by you in all caps) found reason to send one back. Then there's one of your favorite past times, hanging out in the test tunnel, watching returned scopes being shot with a .375, and the scopes being "acquitted almost without exception".

My perception of your post was a total acquittal of mechanical problems with Leupold scopes. Mechanical issues is the only issue for most of us. And you seem to discount them. We've heard that song and dance before. I admit to being cynical.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Tahnka, my perception of your position on branding was based on a paragraph you wrote on, well...., poor branding. My perception of your opinion on mechanical issues was based on your personal experience with over 50 Leupold scopes and the fact that you have "NEVER" (emphasized by you in bold) found reason to send one back. Then there's one of your favorite pastimes, hanging out in the test tunnel, watching returned scopes being shot with a .375, and the scopes being "acquitted almost without exception".

My perception of your post was a total acquittal of mechanical problems with Leupold scopes. Mechanical issues is the only issue for most of us. And you seem to discount them. We've heard that song and dance before. I admit to being cynical.

I don't "seem to discount" anyone's experiences. I merely relate my own. I value yours, and I appreciate your amendment.

Jack O'Connor
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Literally living "intimately" with the inner circle of the higher-ups of the Product Development, Design, and Marketing divisions of Leupold for a very significant portion of my life (never an employee, though operated as a corporate "spy" at numerous industry conventions and the like), I can definitively say that the company over a period of time loosened its moorings from its original structure and direction.

To their credit, much of this was done out of motivation for survival. They WERE a big fish in a small pond. As that pond gradually became Lake Superior, Leupold HAD to change or die.

The beginning of this "Sea-Change" (fittingly described according to the previous analogy) was the decision to bring to market various "grades" of Leupold. That decision can probably be assigned to an actual date on a calendar. This is the precisely identical decision and strategy that previously had led to the demise of the original Redfield company: Leupold's chief competitor in the old small pond of quality American sporting optics.

Leupold maintained their adherence to their baseline and came out on top. One of the big fish in that small pond was dead.

With Leupold's much later decision to "expand the product line" (toward Joe Six-pack), history repeated itself according the destructive marketing model pioneered by Redfield. Multi-tiered product lines DID allow Leupold to stay viable in a rapidly growing flood of competitors. But rumors began regarding "outsourcing to Japan and China" (accurate where products containing electronics were concerned) and predictably some of the lower-end scopes began to fail at a rate higher than the originals. Later decisions to actually outsource electronics-free optics ("Wind River," etc.) confused die-hard Leupold fans even further, especially with some product lines that no longer carried the literally bullet-proof warranty (persons that had somehow managed to shoot their older Leupold scope got it replaced). In graphic irony, Leupold purchased the Redfield trademark and applied it to a "lesser" line of scopes.

In my unique position as a "Shadow Advisor" to the Product Design and Marketing divisions at Leupold, I railed against these decisions from the start, even at corporate dinners with the CEO and his minions. I received what I believed was more respect for my opinions than I thought I deserved. "Old Guard" Leupold employees (Jack and Mike Slack, Chub Eastman and the like) bolstered my concerns, and those at the top end of the corporation with MUCH less field experience than even myself (let alone the company stalwarts) actually listened and the inevitable was put off for some time. But the idea kept erupting: probably because the New Sheriff running the outfit was more of a marketing guy than a hunting guy and he was facing monetary reality better than the cadre that included me.

No longer connected to the company in any fashion, what I see now is indeed a multi-tiered (nearly kaleidoscopic) product line that confuses even me (that has tried to keep track). The purchaser of something Leupold produces has to sort through a myriad of questions: Gold Ring or not? Outsourced or not? Bullet-proof warranty or not? Optics guaranteed but electronics in the same item not? Dropping of products (fixed power, Compacts, etc.) that appeal to shooters of more practical tastes, exterior designs that feature sharp corners and huge television dials instead of low-profile field-friendly smoothness, etc.,etc.,etc.

It has not all been good. But it has kept Leupold alive. My current strategy is to find excellent-condition classic Leupolds on gun-show tables (still under bullet-proof warranty). The problem here is that others have adopted this strategy as well: prices are going up on the old stuff: especially on the ones not made anymore! I have also explored other brands more than I did in previous times.

And with over 50 Leupolds in the stable here, the majority of them being used in the field and on the target for a likewise large number of years, I have NEVER found reason to "send one back". (But I've never put a bullet through one either).

Excellent post, sir. Thank you for that. Where DOES one draw the line on the older Leupolds?

Drawing a line that starts at the VX series would be a good start.

Strictly opinion here, but, I suspect one of Leupold's biggest challenges is that they're failure rate used to be low enough that pre-internet, someone who experienced a failure could be "buffalo'd" into believing there was no problem and it had to be something else. Everyone from other shooters to the folks behind the gun/optics counter would tell them Leupold doesn't fail, couldn't have failed, it's got to be something else. Enter the Information Age and similar stories of failure are reported, and yet summarily dismissed by the masses as folks just complaining to complain. Yet the stories of failure continue, and sound the same, as do the stories regarding essentially nothing being done when the optic is returned, sent back to the user with a note that essentially says, "Nothing wrong". Leupold's issue is they've failed to realize how connected the world and shooting community has become. They can no longer hide behind a name or long-since betrayed reputation.

I currently own ~70 Leupold scopes and have owned +/- 200 over the years. Last week I pulled 6 Leupold scopes off of the rifles I hunt with the most and replaced them with Nightforce.

I've sent in ~40 scopes for turrets and reticle changes. 1 for repair that was my fault. They discovered a problem with a 2nd scope that I'd sent in and took care of it in a more than fair manner. I've never been mistreated by Leupold custom shop/customer service. What I'm getting at is that I'm not someone who's been "wronged" by them in any manner, at any time who's looking for a way to "get even" by trashing them on outdoor websites.

That webcast debacle was my last-straw. That webcast was every bit as telling and infuriating as Don Lemon and his panel's mis-queue labeling and laughing at "ordinary" Americans.

Last edited by horse1; 01/30/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
[
[/quote]

Horse1 gives a good rule of thumb toward his own experiences which are indicated to be greater than mine. I re-read his post looking for his experiences toward failures and see none. The rest of his post indicates he is very diplomatic and perhaps took the high ground toward relating his own negative experiences, choosing rather to explore the overall problem (toward which I believe may be in a large part on the money).

The concept of "betrayed reputation" is an excellent expression of what I feared and counseled against, along with the "Old Guard" at Leupold in those days.

I have no experience with Nightforce, hear nothing but good, but I am sure even those greatest devotees would never claim they are immune to failure (as I never claimed toward Leupold). I wonder: does Nightforce build only ONE grade of scopes?

If so, and if their reputation is solid and sound as it appears to be, that right there illustrates and bolsters my entire point of view.

Jack O'Connor
D
drover Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
This has turned into an interesting thread. The problem I see is what defines "Failure", different folks have varying interpretations of failure.

A broken reticle is an obvious failure.

A bound power change ring is an obvious failure.

To a dialer a scope that does not track perfect is a failure.

But is a non-dialing hunting scope that did not track perfectly to get a zero setting a failure if it holds its setting once it is there? Too me it is a nuisance but to label it as a failure is a bit of an overkill. But then I am not a dialer except for my VX-lll and Vx-3 6.5-20 silhouette scopes and as was mentioned by an earlier poster when a person is shooting offhand a 1/4" inch or 1/2" failure to track is not really noticable anyway.

I suspect that a great many scopes that are returned to all of the scope manufacturers as failures are really caused by poor mounting, loose bases or rings, or shooters and rifles that are truly incapable of the accuracy needed to determine if a scope has failed or not.
For instance I have a friend who was complaining about his VX series 2-7 scope power ring was hard to change the power ring, it was mounted in Talley rings which he had tightened down so far that they left an indentation of the rings in the scope body - but to this day he complains about his Leupold failure.

Does Leupold have some issues - IMO yes they do. They need to get it together or they will keep losing market share. And I watched the Leupold response when it was up - no wonder it came down right away, those two did a great disservice to Leupold.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't bought a new Leupold in about 10 years so I don't know about current production but my experience has been good with Leupold for lightweight set and forget scopes. The 2 times I sent a scope back was a Vari-X III 1.5-5 that I bought off of ebay for my 375. When I got it you could readily tell it had seen a hard life and once I mounted it, it went belly up on about the 3rd shot. Couldn't focus past about 10 feet. Sent it back to Leupold with a note explaining what happened and they sent me a brand new VX3. Other scope was a 2-7Compact that started spraying patterns on a 308 Kimber, Since we were about to leave for Africa, took an identical scope off another rifle and everything worked fine. Scope was waiting for us repaired when we got back.
I don't understand the having to re zero the scope every year comment, I have some that haven't had the dials touched in years that always shoot where expected. They have never tracked worth beans IME but if I am going to be dialing, I have other brands that work for that.
Wish more manufacturers made lightweight reliable scopes, I hate adding optics that weigh 1 1/2 -2 lbs on a svelte rifle.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,823
Posts18,516,764
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.