Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I just checked mine and while it’s kinda difficult to get my gauge on the Glock triggers, my 44, 45 and 17.5 all show between 5.5 and 6 pounds depending on where I put the gauge.

I’m wondering if he tried a Gen 5 trigger?

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
5 lbs 8 ounces here on a Lyman digital scale.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Finally had two failures to feed on mine but I think they were due to a dirty magazine, at least the evidence points to that.

Had bought a brick of new Winchester Super-X to complement the case I got some 20 years ago. I had tried 30 rounds of the old stuff and they worked fine but the pistol was new, that was the first day I shot it.

The other day I tried a box of the newer ammo and got a feeding jam twice. Once was the very first round in the magazine and the second time was the third round in. Both times the round fed halfway but wouldn't chamber, each bullet had a gash or cut in it. I loaded them back in, dropped the slide release and they fed okay the second try. I didn't load them any differently than I had the other dozens of magazinefuls up to that time. The CCI AR Tactical I had along worked flawlessly as usual for a good 150 rounds.

I tried to take the magazine apart for cleaning and this is where I got my first Glock surprise. Their magazines don't easily disassemble. Apparently you need a tool or you have to squeeze the sides in or whatever, then the thumb assist tabs are locked together. In the one video I watched on the subject the fellow darn near tore it apart.

Anyway, I brushed the top and insides of the feed lips as thoroughly as possible with a stiff toothbrush and used a q-tip with some oil on it to try to oil the spring a bit through the gaps in the side. Took it out Saturday with two boxes of the new Super-X and all 100 rounds fed flawlessly.

The jams had occurred after the pistol had at least 300 - 450 rounds through it without cleaning the magazine. So the moral of the story is to at least brush off the top of the magazine whenever you clean the rest of the pistol.

Overall still liking this G44 a lot.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Good info Jim,

I watched a video of Hilton Yam putting one in a padded vise and using a delrin block to remove the base. Didn’t look too easy. The walls of the mag are very thick.

I use a brush about every 100 to 200 rounds and have yet to have a failure of any kind since switching to Blazers, about 500 so far. I imagine some of those long pipe cleaners would be useful.

Guys at the range yesterday were pretty impressed (after seeing all the negative reviews). Lots of questions asked, answered.

We have to be realistic, .22 ammo (outside of match grade) is not very consistent. At $18.00 a brick Blazers aren’t too bad. I want to try some CCI standard velocity next.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've shot CCI standard velocity in my Glock 44.

Only 20 rounds but NO malfunctions.

Gotta run some more through it, to give a more complete test.

So far I've shot; American Eagle, CCI standard velocity, CCI Velocitors,

CCI Stingers, and CCI high velocity HP's

NO malfunctions with any of these.

Virgil B.

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
CCI SV was my go to match ammo in my Buckmark so I stocked up on it. When I traded for a Ruger MK IV, it hated the SV so I went to Blazer and it ran fine.

I was thrilled when my G44 shot 100 rounds of both without any problems. But 22's do have their preferences and we just need to remember that.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (260Remguy, 1OntarioJim, 260madman, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,172
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.