Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I

The posts here on Christianity are always interesting. As I read through them year after year I see a repeated theme. People are thrown off by the moralistic superiority of self-righteous pricks. I grew up in church and still attend and have had my share of of the same experience.

A few years ago, I began to listen to a podcast called The Thinking Fellows. It is produced by some professors at Concordia University in Irvine, CA. This guy is one of those profs. They are anything BUT self-righteous pricks.

If anyone had been frustrated with the play acting that is all to prevalent in American churches Or if you have been burned a few times by churches and church people you may find something refreshing in this video. I certainly did.

Last edited by IZH27; 02/02/20.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
All that plus, not bothered with those that take the high ground, it's every time the doors are open hypocrites that ruin it all, fakers, actors, I know for a fact the Campfire has a secret squirrel handshake BS christian forum, wish they'd keep that and the kumbahya, circle jerk, buy the world a coke, mental masturbation, feel good threads there.

Trump Won!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We ignore the BS in our church and go on.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by hanco

I'm to retarded to overlook that, if you're going to talk the talk, you damn sure better be walking the walk, it really is that simple to me. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
All that plus, not bothered with those that take the high ground, it's every time the doors are open hypocrites that ruin it all, fakers, actors, I know for a fact the Campfire has a secret squirrel handshake BS christian forum, wish they'd keep that and the kumbahya, circle jerk, buy the world a coke, mental masturbation, feel good threads there.
If it's all feel good, buy the world a coke stuff, it isn't the whole truth. It's just sugar-coated and watered down for people that don't really believe in the hopes that someday they will believe. But that day never comes.

Here's a take on that I think you'll appreciate. It's about the feminization of the Church and how that destroys it. You probably won't have to read more than a paragraph to get the point.
https://www.docdroid.net/pa7m/leon-j-podles-the-church-impotent-the-feminization-of-christianity.pdf

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
The posts here on Christianity are always interesting. As I read through them year after year I see a repeated theme. People are thrown off by the moralistic superiority of self-righteous pricks.
There is a lot of truth to your observations sir. What do you think Jesus Himself would do regarding the ‘inferiors’ that are looked down upon by those of which you speak...? I think He'd surprise us. That's what He always did with those who hung around Him enough to think they knew what He would do.
I think He'd say, first and foremost, "I love ya'"; and "I understand rejection"; and "I'm here for ya'." It's completely opposite from what many who give lip service to being 'Christians' would do. Many 'Christians' are much better at policing the behavior of others, than they are at policing their own behavior. They come across as judgmental, moralistic homophobes who think they are the only ones going to heaven, and secretly relish that notion. They come across as hostile, quarrelsome, disingenuous, and deservedly infamous. They cherry-pick which sins they are gonna take a stand against. They castigate other churches and other believers because of their acceptance of ALL sinners while accepting a congregation full of ‘approved’ sinners Sunday after Sunday after Sunday. It’s more than a little bit hypocritical. Sin is sin, period. These churches are routinely accepting of the sins of their congregation week after week after week. How many adulterers, for example, are present there...? And remember He said that looking at another with lust 'is' committing adultery. I don't think these churches are makin' any brownie points with heaven for castigating other churches and believers for their acceptance of ALL sinners. If one is prejudiced...or hates...someone else for whatever reason...that's their business. Especially when they're honest enough to admit that that's what it is. At least they're honest about it. Unlike many 'Christians' who use the Bible to justify their prejudice and hatred of certain others...hidin' behind the shield of Christianity and doin' the exact opposite of what Jesus Himself would do...and taught...it ain't gonna do nuthin' but get you in trouble along with the rest of us sinners...for we all 'are' sinners. That's pretty plain, and factual.
The 'defining' characteristic of a fully devoted follower of Jesus is how they treat other people. "By 'this' everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
'Christian' is all about what a person believes. 'Disciple' is all about what a person actually does. So it's not simply what you 'believe', and it's not simply where you 'go' on Sunday morning...but if you love one another...that's what it's about. 'The' defining characteristic of a person who's a fully devoted follower of Jesus 'is' how they treat other people.
Ain't seein' much love comin' from these ‘Christians’ and churches that are castigating other churches and believers because they disagree with the acceptance of ALL sinners that others aren't so hypocritical about...especially when these very churches are full of sinners (and let's not forget 'payin' sinners) Sunday after Sunday after Sunday, and these churches don't seem to have any problem being accepting of these sinners...as long as their sins are 'approved' sins...ain't nobody gettin' kicked out over those.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have just as much dis like for holier than thou type telling me how to live , as liberals telling me how to live .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I've never seen this forum.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

I'm too retarded to overlook that, if you're going to talk the talk, you damn sure better be walking the walk, it really is that simple to me. smile

As has been said, our lives may be the only Bible some folks will ever read.

So, are we who call ourselves Christians living our lives such that people see Jesus in us?

Great question.

Not always an easy answer.

Bottom line, if we become a hindrance to someone finding the Lord, it ain't gonna be pretty when we stand before Him. And, we all will give account whether we think so or not. You have His Word on that...

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. (JKV Matt 18:6)

DF

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

Yep. Focus on the task at hand, serving others. Bitching about the hypocrisy within a church is nothing more than an excuse for not attending or getting involved. We are called to serve, regardless of the circumstances.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That's because it's secret.

I really don't care what others do with their Sunday but just don't try to convert me to your way of doing.

It is a personal thing and as such i don't try to preach to others.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm to retarded to overlook that, if you're going to talk the talk, you damn sure better be walking the walk, it really is that simple to me. smile

It's not just you Brother, and yes it really is that simple.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If it's all feel good, buy the world a coke stuff, it isn't the whole truth. It's just sugar-coated and watered down for people that don't really believe in the hopes that someday they will believe. But that day never comes.

Here's a take on that I think you'll appreciate. It's about the feminization of the Church and how that destroys it. You probably won't have to read more than a paragraph to get the point.
https://www.docdroid.net/pa7m/leon-j-podles-the-church-impotent-the-feminization-of-christianity.pdf

A good thing I cant open a pdf file, I may need three fingers of scotch! smile bet I can guess what's in it just by your post.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by moosemike

I've never seen this forum.

It's here, among a lot of other scurrying around, imagine if you will, sitting at a table with a real big dude, you're both staring down on one of those childs toys, the kind that has a little village or town for instance, turn it upside down, then right side up, and the snow starts to fall, you see little i.t. sneakers going by your house, then running out to tell others you both know what they think they saw, crazy it's really funny in a sad kind of way.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 12344mag

It's not just you Brother, and yes it really is that simple.

Show nuff Friend.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I'm too retarded to overlook that, if you're going to talk the talk, you damn sure better be walking the walk, it really is that simple to me. smile

So, are we who call ourselves Christians living our lives such that people see Jesus in us?

Great question.

Bottom line, if we become a hindrance to someone finding the Lord, it ain't gonna be pretty when we stand before Him. And, we all will give account whether we think so or not. You have His Word on that...

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. (JKV Matt 18:6)

DF

That's a pretty heavy fine there DF, and yes Sir, we all Sin, but, I know for stone cold fact I don't care about another mans wife, kids, house, marriage, pickup, job etc etc, that's his deal, if others would mind their own business and leave well enough alone, maybe more folk [me] would consider going to church, as said, man has screwed it up through weakness, alcoholic, dope, power, position, notoriety, flesh and money.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Great question.

DF

That's a pretty heavy fine there DF, and yes Sir, we all Sin, but, I know for stone cold fact I don't care about another mans wife, kids, house, marriage, pickup, job etc etc, that's his deal, if others would mind their own business and leave well enough alone, maybe more folk [me] would consider going to church, as said, man has screwed it up through weakness, alcoholic, dope, power, position, notoriety, flesh and money.

Church can’t save us. Only the Lord.

We can’t look to the church or to man.

Once we find Him, we may want to attend church. But church membership by itself won’t cut it.

DF

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Got it, understood, and Thanks, that said, tomorrow i know i'm going to curse, may have a smoke and a drink, will have prejudice thoughts on non working bums, dope heads and kweers, but, i wont go after another mans wife, job, business or house, the reason I didn't go to church today with those that i know have and WILL.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Church'd be fine if it weren't for the christians.

LOL
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

288 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 39 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,438
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.