-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I make a point of shooting something atleast a coupla' times a week.....keep the "Sound of Freedom" embedded in local conciousness.

These outta' town whackos are a PITA, and worse their avocation for disrespect.

as far's noise goes, if it gets too stupid, there's always...

[Linked Image]

We call 911 "Dial A prayer" out here.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just curious, where in back woods NC are you? PM me if you like

Ditto

Good luck with the butthead neighbors

HBB

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good Lord crossfire....where did you get that thing???

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your neighbors sound similar to our neighborhood homeowners association.

I have always wondered why in the world would anyone live where you have to deal with a homeowner's association?

To me the downsides would far out weigh any benefits.

HBB

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm waiting for the same stuff - can't possibly be too far off. I live on Chesapeake Bay, and shoot at the beach. Lotsa rich types moving in lately, so I imagine I'll hear about it. A couple of years back, we were duck hunting, and got pretty severely harassed, even when the required paperwork was produced by my son.(we ALWAYS carry the blind site authorization) Move to the chesapeake, and wonder why we're shooting THEIR ducks - gimme a break!

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
This place is going to hell,it was at one time a farming county,you knew your neighbors and they knew you.You could hunt on there land and they hunted on your,till the day some a-hole ask if he could hunt and said he would pay.That got it started,now, you don't own it you don't hunt it.Then the day came that some A-Hole came off the Blue Ridge Parkway and said this would be a good place for a summer home.The flat landers came in then people from FL.We have a couple of BIG business people here and One Big Rock star that lives here,I hunt and fish on the rockers land when he is gone.But our little town is going to the birds.Some one in the county GOV. thought it would be a good idea to put a VEIW tax on land(the farther you see the more you pay).And as the farmers go,milk price or so low and farming is so costly,they sold there land so the people could put there summer homes in,But on the bright side we are getting a Tea Pot Museum to help bring people to the town....don't laugh YOUR tax money is paying for it.Got a 750,000 grant for the Fed Gov..........Thank you America for the tea pots... grin

In case you would like to see your tax money at work.......

www.spartateapotmuseum.org

Last edited by HeavyMetal; 05/26/07.

my dream job.....life guard of the gene pool!!!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

I have always wondered why in the world would anyone live where you have to deal with a homeowner's association?

To me the downsides would far out weigh any benefits.

HBB

EVERY decent neighborhood in our area has one. Ours just happens to be extremely millitant. Where we live, folks dont have homes on large pieces of land, like I grew up on. Where we live, homes are built on lots and in neighborhoods with goofy names. We live in a neighborhood called Lookout Point at Highview.....aka...we live on a big ole hill!! grin

-Gen. Patton
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by HeavyMetal

Now when I had a break in it took over 24 hours to get a cop here,this took 10 mins over nothing but pure BS.... mad

Shoot more milk jugs more often..........

Originally Posted by HeavyMetal

Well tell me what you think I need to do to counter this...

Elect county commissioners who won't attempt to outlaw shooting your firearms..............

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If I was you I would go over and introduce my self and visit with them a bit. I would mention the visit from the cops and calmly explain to them that it is perfectly legal to shoot where you live, you always do so with safety in mind, you have always shot on your property and you will continue to do so. Be nice and polite but also resolute about your right to enjoy your property within bounds of legality and your rights under the second amendment. They may still persist in being jerks but it's harder for most people to be as crappy to a person who has been nice and demonstrated respect to them. Even if the problems with them persist, you will know you took the high road, and so will they.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree that a direct approach may be a good idea. It seems that these types seem to prefer the passive aggressive mode of letting the cops do the talking for them. Not much you can do with that. You cant stop folks from calling the cops.

-Gen. Patton
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But, if you are the bigger person and make a face to face contact to discuss the situation, they might think twice before making that call.

-Gen. Patton
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 280sRN
I It seems that these types seem to prefer the passive aggressive mode of letting the cops do the talking for them.

Now that is generally true...............

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H

Elect county commissioners who won't attempt to outlaw shooting your firearms..............

Casey[/quote]

There are all like this,the county is run by 5 people,and they are trying to push out the factorys and no new business that will put people to work is going to come in and no county commissioners or anyone will cross the Big Five,if you want to live here....
I have got to much here to move,my land here in 1992 was 2500.00 per ac. now its over 15000.00 and going up every day.But its not just here its every where,there is just to many people.And we all must live some where and live in peace.......So I,m going to make peace...got my pop-trats.

my dream job.....life guard of the gene pool!!!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Land is the only thing tht God aint making any more of, thats for sure! I have a few acres that my grand pop left me. We have talked about selling it but I just cant. Its the only piece of this earth that I can say is all mine. ITs wooded and FULL of deer and wild turkeys. I let a few of my dads neighbors and my brothers hunt on it. My little brother killed 5 bucks and my other brother killed 3. Its a great pice of the world. I wish I could live on it but its too close to my mother. (And that aint good cause she aint too fond of .280.)

-Gen. Patton
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with some of the others, that you should take the time to visit them. Face to face is the key. If it were me I would not be happy doing this, but would at least try. With great calm you need to explain it is legal to discharge firearms. It wouldn't hurt to tell them you have a target range. If you can register your property to be a range do that too.

THEN if they still call it in you can grin and keep shooting.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Azshooter
I agree with some of the others, that you should take the time to visit them. Face to face is the key. If it were me I would not be happy doing this, but would at least try. With great calm you need to explain it is legal to discharge firearms. It wouldn't hurt to tell them you have a target range. If you can register your property to be a range do that too.

THEN if they still call it in you can grin and keep shooting.

honestly, i agree with several of the above points, but not necessarily with the one about turning it into a shooting range, unless ya got the power to pull it off.

here's what i mean, in the countryside, folks can generally do all kinds of things as long as the neighbors don't have an uprising and voice strong objections as a group.

ya might or might not be opening a can of worms to have it zoned for a shooting range. of course with success perhaps it would be both enjoyable and very profitable. but in the face of a loss, then many folks might have their "right to shoot" rights taken away or diluted because the shooting range was "shot down." so to speak.

yes, treadding lightly, and getting to the know the neighbors can't possibly hurt. might even help preclude the dreaded visit of the county swat team. Yes, i exaggerate, but you wouldn't or couldn't imagine the changes in the countryside that is occurring. and all the new people tend to vote, or are at least quite happen to summon emergency services.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280sRN

The two homeowners associations I've served a sentence under were run by useless pieces of crap who had never led or managed anyone and were on their own little power trip. (reminds me of our range masters). After several notices from them on the apparently unsat condition of my driveway which I shared with the house next door that was under repossession I went to the legal folks on base and they drew up a legal doc that basically said I would sue them for any number of things. I then showed up at their meeting in dress blues and presented it to and told them exactly what I thought of their board. No more issue but never again will I live under one of those Politburo like organizations.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
at our local range (in a hollow "up in the valley") there is a house for sale within 1000 yds. Asking price: $1,200,000. They'l have to sell it in the winter smile When I first came here (10 years ago) there wasn't a house within 6 miles. There must be 200 houses in that valley now. The range has operated for probably 30 years+. I fear we are being pushed at every turn and I am really worried about the sale of that property.

My opinion: you need to put forth the effort to show you are not a threat. Have them over to see. an argeement (specified hours?) would be a livable compromise in light of the trouble they will cause you if you take a hard line (an get one or two other neighbors to gang up).

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Iagree with Az: I would also possibly get a DBA as a shooting range or whatever way of setting up a non profit business may apply there. I spent a year in Boone NC building a TV tower on Grandmother mountain for the University(right next to grandfather Mtn.) Great place, I loved every minute, except I missed my bride, but then the Company would fly her in for weekends every 6 weeks like clock work, so it was bearable. I would live in NC in a heartbeat. I remember getting to know many of the local people and since I was from Arizona, I wasn't considered a Yankee. I remember the phrase for some of the new commers.. " Half Backs" who were from NY and vacationing in Florida and now living in NC. Half way back to where they belonged..
I was a home builder in Tucson and we created several townhouse projects. Part of the Counties requirements were that you had to create a "Homeowners Association". We (as the builders and developers)had the option of handing off responsibilities when we had 75% occupancy of the project. We elected to wait til we got 100% occupancy as we had a lot of experience with these groups and the problems they cause. Nevertheless, we were bound to create them.
In my experience, when the Home Owners Associations actually achieve "power" it seem that the people involved automatically become azzholes and think they are Cops. Some are truly bad.
The one thing you might think about is that their resources and money has to be disclosed. With that said, their ability to enforce anything is only as deep as their checking account. Most will run away from a lawsuit when they have no means to fight. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by Ruger 4570; 05/26/07.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have never lived under the control of a homeowners association,I don't require that much supervision.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1lessdog, 160user, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 10ring1, 222ND, 71 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,575
Posts18,532,002
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.