-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I see the potential for this kinda' crap gettin' a foothold here....just N. of the border for cr#p's sake.......at that point, some sorta' inverted grateful feeling kicks in....for the periodic debacles not all that far away ( well within Howitz. range).......where Vatos and Chicas go berserk with their 9s, at 2:30 in the AM.....all snapped up, and fulla' beans so to speak.
NO H.O.A. is gonna' take them on.....and niether will the Sheriff's Dept.....so all 8is peace and harmony....in a Frontier kinda' environment.

I'd way rather live this way than having a bunch of nosy anal-retentive busybodies stickin' their nose inta' my bidness.

You like an old sofa, covered with drooling hounds in your yard, .?....good.

Old cars up on blocks, next to a fleet of derilict household appliances,.?.....good.

Any damn thing that's non-poluting to the soil , or groundwater,..?....good....fill your boots.

it's YOUR place, not mine........and I can look in some other direction, if I don't like what I see, .....can't I?

PIZZ on H.O.A.s

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amen!

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right there with ya GTC, I can't stand them thieving bastards, I live in the Springs and am Lucky enough not to have to deal with one.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HM, You need to get that 7MM STW with the brake on it back...that was loudcool Skullmonkey, I am about 45 minutes away from HM's place....he has a good 350 yard shot up to a bank in his backyard... the most noise I can make is either a 45-70 or maybe a .300 Win. If you are bringing .50's along to attack some milk jugs with... I'd be glad to helpgrin

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HM, you just need to build yourself a Civil War era Cannon and touch that off every morning at 5:00 AM, and then Raise your flag right afterwards. grin I would!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Come to find out, I ain't that far away either! If the problem persists we'll have to plan a little weekend shoot sometime. I'll bring some slaw if you fellers can scratch up some of that good B-B-Q!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V22 has a pretty good idea there. Some of the local farmers get those propane cannons to scare the deer out of their cabbage fields. You can set them on a timer to go off at certain intervals adn there isn't anything wrong (or illegal) with protecting your crops. My suggestion is to get you a cannon and plant about ten carrots in the corner of the yard. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could be a 24 Hour Campfire get together at HM's place.... I've got some backstraps left.... a cook out to kick off the new gun club.... anyone else got something loud that needs some range time?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
454 Casull, loaded with Blue Dot, should get attention. grin Les

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can bring a few AR's, a couple of AK's, some HK's and as much ammo as a 1/2 ton will carry. We get on a damage permit every year at a local winery so we got meat.... I think we killed 27 last year and there is about a freezer and a half left.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by skullmonkey
V22 has a pretty good idea there. Some of the local farmers get those propane cannons to scare the deer out of their cabbage fields. You can set them on a timer to go off at certain intervals adn there isn't anything wrong (or illegal) with protecting your crops. My suggestion is to get you a cannon and plant about ten carrots in the corner of the yard. grin

Great minds think alike.... they are less than 200.00 IIRC..... the neighbor that called the cops when he didn't like me forming .35 Whelen Ackley brass....well, we have come to an understanding....I didn't need to go there in the end...I did give the hog lot idea some thought too...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
grin MMMMMMMMM. I loves me some bacon! grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Red Baron
I moved in the country, and have had trouble with a subdivision about 1/2 mile away. I shoot G'hogs. Local state trooper was member of Homeowners ASSociation. After I killed a few, he drove up to my house and told me if he heard another shot he was going to handcuff me, take me to jail, confiscate my Gun, & arrest me for wanton endangerment.
Why? Ricochets (sp). I told him I was shooting in the other direction. He told me "What I write on the police report is what counts - and you were shooting such that the richocet could hurt some child in our SD" - And "I would be the one paying a lawyer to defend myself". Local cops told me to beware, State Police had jurisdiction. I did write a letter to his commander. Never heard a thing.

When the trooper started that crap, I would have said "hold that thought", and fetched my tape recorder.........then resumed the conversation with the recorder running.

Or........I would have tested his threat before he even left by shooting a tin can or two while the conversation was taking place..........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
You guys need to read my other post before you come here,I have poison oak in the back yard,by thanks to ELF and Lowes it will be fixed but don't think in time for the BBQ,we can go to the neighbors house.......grin

my dream job.....life guard of the gene pool!!!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Or just the closest available corner of your property!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by HeavyMetal
You guys need to read my other post before you come here,I have poison oak in the back yard,by thanks to ELF and Lowes it will be fixed but don't think in time for the BBQ,we can go to the neighbors house.......grin

Practice shooting the poison oak............let the county commissioners try and outlaw THAT method of gardening..... grin

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
grin I had the same thought but now that you said it, it don't sound nearly as silly as it did in my head! grin

What would be the optimal caliber for poision oak? This could be good material for a new thread. grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
grin I had the same thought but now that you said it, it don't sound nearly as silly as it did in my head! grin

What would be the optimal caliber for poision oak? This could be good material for a new thread. grin

Aim for the base of the plant with a fast expanding bullet...... grin

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If we back up a little i can do pretty good with my .308 and some BT's. Would the .50 be overkill?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Would the .50 be overkill?

Kill the oak and till the soil all in one operation.........

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 3,085 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,579
Posts18,532,222
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.