Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#14556966 02/09/20
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Just watched the 1976 Daytona, Pearson & Petty duking it out.

Also watched laps 25-29 of the current race. The drivers & the race all look like student drivers following ALL the rules. No testosterone & no vicious competition. Sickening, just sickening.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Not the same game it once was.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
NASCAR died with Dale. It had been sick for awhile but the death of Dale sent it into a death spiral. The switch to “the car of the future” robbed it of any legitimacy.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I quit watching the joke calling itself NASCAR years ago.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
NASCAR died with Dale.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ in spades.

The France family needs to get out.

NASCAR today has become like WWF & is nearing being to the level of IROC where all cars were prepared the same & the drivers drew numbers to see which car they would drive.

I guess they think we like pack racing & all the crash-'em-ups................it's a bad joke for "racing".

Pretty sad & their attendance & TV viewership reflects it.

MM

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ya i was forced to sit through one of the nascar races a while back due to being at someones house who had it on. my eyes glazed over after about 2 minutes. i don't know if i saw anybody pass. they were all just keeping pace with each other. i don't know, maybe thats the way it works. it was boring as schit.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
First highly noticeable aspect were the High School aged commentators. What a joke.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's one of them races where they all just go round and round for 499 miles and try to pass on the last lap, right?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
"The exciting part is where they made a left turn": Jeff Dunham as "Bubba"

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well....it is a game of chess at 200 mph

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Not the same game it once was.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Nascar sucks today. I don't watch anymore.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What really turned me off was the segments. What a bunch of crap

Remove all regulators and let the guys run. If you have a slow car, you suck

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And what's up with running their biggest race at the beginning of the season?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NASCAR is still alive?

I tried to watch a race one Sunday afternoon last summer after church. One of the few raced that are broadcasted over airwaves anymore. So when I turned it on the guys were all zooming around with one stretching out a pretty good lead. Then they all stopped for a pit and that was the end of the first half I guess. Pretty soon they all took off again and the dude that was in the lead kinda got himself tangled up a bit and he lost his sizable lead. Not sure if he won or lost, I went out and shot a carton of 22r's.

What's with the races having periods? Is this a PC move to try to make it more fair?

Black Cows Matter!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by muleshoe
NASCAR is still alive?

I tried to watch a race one Sunday afternoon last summer after church. One of the few raced that are broadcasted over airwaves anymore. So when I turned it on the guys were all zooming around with one stretching out a pretty good lead. Then they all stopped for a pit and that was the end of the first half I guess. Pretty soon they all took off again and the dude that was in the lead kinda got himself tangled up a bit and he lost his sizable lead. Not sure if he won or lost, I went out and shot a carton of 22r's.

What's with the races having periods? Is this a PC move to try to make it more fair?

There is very little passing as the tracks are basically one lane groove, so they have multiple restarts to bunch up the cars and create side by side racing, and hopefully some excitement.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Dale Jr is a lap down?

Must be debris on the track, throw the yellow!

“Factio democratica delenda est"
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Muleshoe, you nailed it.....that is exactly what it is, to allow everyone to catch up that has lost so much, so far behind, they will put all of them in a bunch again and start all over same ole same o...how much more exciting could that be, fans will really like this. Lets make all the cars more even from the git go, so no one got any advantage. Now someone can't be winning 3-4 races in a row before every body else finds out what they doing. No more someone winning 8-10 races a year, now that was boring. All that side by side racing by few cars up front that was no fun. When a guy gets a lap down lets give him a second chance, give him that lap back. Kinda like a team working there ass off to get a 5 run lead, so lets have a half time and let the other team catch up. Now that will make it real exciting. Now here is the best part....lets have a 4 car shoot out the last race and settle it all who is the best this year. Man, so exciting can hardly stand it.

O.B.Wallace
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Davey died ( helicopters bad), then Dale got killed, THEN Danica quit. I mean; whats left??

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Davey died ( helicopters bad), then Dale got killed, THEN Danica quit. I mean; whats left??

I can"t believe you put Danica,s name in the same sentence as Davey and Dale.......LOL

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 02/09/20.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Originally Posted by Cruiser1

I can"t believe you put Danica,s name in the same sentence as Davey and Dale.......LOL
Yea, but look at all the 16 year old guys coming along now half the field....you will have a new hero in a few years.

O.B.Wallace
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,572
Posts18,491,887
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.