Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Under the Banner of Heaven was an excellent book, and the movie with Jon Voigt was great. Another accurate depiction was in the TV series Hell on Wheels.

MAGA
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
TBREW401: I have no idea what so ever about Catholic gold but I do know they own dozens of billions of dollars worth of real estate JUST in the Seattle area alone!
As far as I am concerned "churches" are welcome to tax exempt status, for their monies, right up until they open their hypocritical mouths and start endorsing political candidates, espousing politics from the pulpit and begin importing and protecting undesirable aliens from Cuba, Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Columbia and etc etc etc.
If nothing else the Catholic Church has written the well read primer for "churches" on the best ways of hiding their money from civil litigation, taxes and out of court settlements.
I absolutely break out laughing EVERY time I hear some Catholic Church Diocese is "declaring bankruptcy" and can NOT pay their civil judgments in pedophile cases etc!
The Catholic Church (IMO!) has TRILLIONS of dollars in assets and cash (gold if you will) hidden away.
And that's sad in a way - Churches were supposed to gather monies to aid the poor and ill - those days are long receding/gone!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting twist:
A bishop of the Mormon church, who works for Fidelity Investments is now responsible for ensuring that Argentina's Buenos Aires province doesn't default on more than $100Bn of debt which it is trying to restructure. Fidelity Investments is Argentina's largest bond holder with over $1Bn in Argentine debt...another U.S. firm supposedly owns $1.4Bn (yeah I know, blame theMs. Ensign who wrote th article)

Lets than 10 years ago Argentina tried to do those same thin but another large bond holder pushed back...

Oi didn't know you could be a bishop and a financial ball buster....
How does Argentina have any credit ?
I wonder how much of the thread topic Mormon Church $100Bn is involved?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (Amos63, 35, Akhutr, anothergun, 14 invisible), 1,577 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,642
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.