Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by codybrown
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

I would recommend you start here with a Dave Ramsey Entrusted Local Provider. His ELP's are specially trained to have the "heart of a teacher" rather than being a pushy salesman. They will help you learn about investing and how to develop an investing plan that meets your coals.

I'm hesitant using one of his elp's. I attempted to use one of his real estate elp's and she started telling other agents a price for my home before we had even talked about it. I realize that's just a bad experience, but it's left a pretty sour taste in my mouth.

you're wise to be skeptical. i trusted one and he made more money than me. if you do use one, make sure you understand what he suggests. don't get sucked into the "load funds make more money than noload" bullschit. no load, low cost, appropriate mix of stocks & bond funds and dollar cost averaging.

My diploma is a DD214

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am currently using Edward Jones but I'm less than impressed with my advisor. Currently have an individual account and a Roth account. I have a rough idea about investments, but I'm definitely still learning. What are some recommendations?

To give you a primer on the stock market, when I was just getting started, I found this little book to be one of the best for a broad view of the stock market for the inexperienced investor.

clic book for more info
[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Bought both the the books mentioned in this thread so I'll start by reading those. I also got contact information from a forum member for an advisor local to me, and another member contacted me about his experiences. Should be a good start.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Never trusted them. Every time I get approached tell them the same thing:

I will give you 35% of the profits you make for me above and beyond all fees and commissions. If you don't make me any money then I don't owe you any fees.

Never had one accept this arrangement.

well probably noone accepted that arrangement because it is against the law.

Why is that?

there are a ton of regulations connected to having a series 6 or 7 securities license. strictly prohibited, and generally most firrms require an annual attestation that you are not doing this. think FINRA for the regulation.

And I thought utility companies were the only one's guaranteed to make money.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Looks like I'll be doing some research. Also need to figure out how to transfer the Roth account. I can sell off everything in the individual account and cash that out easily.

Cody, dont cash out your taxable account cause you will pay capital gains if there are any. Any firm like Fidleity will transfer your account. if there is a loss on your taxable funds, then sell them and get a tax write off on the losses and put it in an index fund instead of a mutual fund.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,398
Posts18,488,906
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.