Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
for a small office setting, i used HP 1500 series printers, think i only went through two of them, incredibly reliable. Five years ago i got a Brother HL5400DW refurb, which has surpassed the performance of the HP's.

their support is 1 year warranty and phone tech for the life of the machine, extremely handy. they even paid for a repair outside of warranty, told me where to take it. Regarding toner, they offer no support if using a non-Brother cartridge, they verify by having you read the serial number off the cartridge, i always do, so no problem. I'm afraid a brand-x cartridge would mess me up.

currently the machine is showing signs of failing, and from what i can tell a comparable replacement, still being produced, is the HL5200DW, less than 2 bills out the door. will probably get one soon.

I like to take photos, and wonder what the real photobugs are using in the digital age, since the drug store shops' product is crap, and i've had no good results from online photo services, like Shutter fly. But, i really don't want to invest all the $$, especially since I'm not sure ibcould replicate the quality of the old photo 'processors'

Last edited by sse; 02/12/20.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Epson ET-2720.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion .

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Epson ET-2720.

I have the cartridge version that this replaced, it has been a great all in one, never had a single problem with it.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'm personally against the "disposable" idea simply because of the gazillion tons of electronic trash put into landfills already. If I'm going to toss something, let it be a tiny ink cartridge, not a printer. A perfectly good printer, at that.

Rocky, don't you guys have recycle containers up there?

Down here, they pick up recycled material every Wednesday. You put our 2 containers that day. Regular trash, recycled material.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just print everything at work. Stick it to the MAN

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord

Can I assume you're also the guy that carries every thing he can home from work? Were do you draw the line for theft? I wasn't paid a fair wage for the work I did but drew the line at completing personal work on company time, I realize this is also stealing.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Friend of mine works in the computer world
He got us a used HP Laserjet P2035 laser printer for $100.

Holy smoke... that thing prints for almost free. I save all my scrap paper receipts and oops... and print targets on the back (Excel target I made... PM me an email addy if you want a copy).

[Linked Image from pic20.picturetrail.com]

Last edited by CashisKing; 02/13/20. Reason: Typos... as always

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
you betcha Princess!!

Im an exempt salaried professional, I work through lunch some days and most days easily an hour or more beyond ‘quitting time’

Been days where my $70,000 map plotter didn’t work because of some design shortcoming that people like you and “your team” didn’t get right.

Most troublesome devices in our offices were the printers, all makes, sizes and species.

You assume a lot, me stealing pens and pencils? What a joke.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The best work around for the failings of products that you worked tirelessly to design was to compact it, save it as a PDF and send down the wire via Mediafire third party.

Cut out the paper and ink mafia altogether.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hp laser jet....I have one that came out of a office fire !!!!!!!!wiped the smoke off and plugged it up..... worked just fine....That was 10 years ago still working fine.....I have replaced the cartridge one time and I print alot.......

If you rule out HP you are ruling out the best laser printers made.....

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 02/13/20.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord

Was responding to your comment here. Never worked on DesignJets, whole other facility and in a different country.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At the end of one particularly difficult printer program I signed up for the end of program celebration. After getting upper management approval we took several printers and lots of toner cartridges out into the desert to a make shift range and worked them over with a number of Class III weapons. It was a great time and HP paid for all the ammunition. Told the guy who brought the suppressed Uzi he could have all the empties. We left the range cleaner than we found it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50

I was going to post that lol 👍🤣

I begged to the chief one afternoon to let us haul the HP out to the pipe yard. County Mayor wanted a wall map for Newschannel5 that evening. Yeah well hey...you wanted naked statues with our budget funding. Shît in one hand, wish in the other. lol

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

377 members (260Remguy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,617
Posts18,473,974
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.