Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What kind of license and tag to I need to bag an "elf"

Not sure, but it should be small and inexpensive.

1Minute

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
What kind of license and tag to I need to bag an "elf"

Not sure, but it should be small and inexpensive.

Antlerless only.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would not mind seeing a few acres of pubic land ( yours and mine ) sold to pay off some of the National debt. Then I guess those that wanted to use said land could negotiate with the new owners. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
I would not mind seeing a few acres of pubic land ( yours and mine ) sold to pay off some of the National debt. Then I guess those that wanted to use said land could negotiate with the new owners. Hasbeen

Why add a middleman to the equation. As it stands now, those that want to use it.........(you perhaps and me for sure) ................can. No need to negotiate with the "new owners".

How about we stop wasteful spending and pay off some of that debt.............Maybe lower some Congresscritter salaries and benefits while we're at it.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Why add a middleman to the equation. As it stands now, those that want to use it.........(you perhaps and me for sure) ................can. No need to negotiate with the "new owners".

How about we stop wasteful spending and pay off some of that debt.............Maybe lower some Congresscritter salaries and benefits while we're at it.

Geno

Amen to that!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know how many millions of acres of landlocked BLM land there is in the west, but I'd bet that a lot of the people who own the surrounding deeded land would jump at the chance to buy that land at fair market value.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Most of the landlocked blm is marginal or worse which is why it was never honesteaded. Fair market value has more to do with access, which they can charge for without buying anything.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I don't know how many millions of acres of landlocked BLM land there is in the west, but I'd bet that a lot of the people who own the surrounding deeded land would jump at the chance to buy that land at fair market value.

Never happen.

Lots of folks vapor lock at the mere mention of selling off landlocked, or other troublesome tracts that are impossible to maintain, harvest, or provide for the multiple use act direction. crazy

It's been proposed before, but died a slow death.

So it sits there as bitchin' material. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Never happen.

Lots of folks vapor lock at the mere mention of selling off landlocked, or other troublesome tracts that are impossible to maintain, harvest, or provide for the multiple use act direction. crazy

It's been proposed before, but died a slow death.

So it sits there as bitchin' material. laugh

My only experience with landlocked BLM land was with a section that was inside the boundaries of a ranch that my wife's family owned in southeastern CO. I know that my FIL would have bought the 640 acres if he could have been purchased it at fair market value, even though the grazing fees per AUM were so low that it would have taken several decades to pay for itself. I'm not suggesting that large tracts of BLM land should be sold to wealthy landowners like Ted Turner or the LDS Church, rather the small tracts such as the one that is my only exposure.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We looked at a chunk of land that backed up against some landlocked BLM a while back, it was to far from work so we decided against it.

My opinion is that the land locked stuff should be sold or traded off.

IC B3

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

295 members (1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 37 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,500
Posts18,490,477
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.