Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just moved from an old house that was built in 1917. Said to be haunted but in 20 years of living there the sounds of creaking and groaning and various other noises at night became natural. Hope old man Sitko don't keep the new owners awake...much...

Last edited by sgt217; 02/13/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So which tribe put up that teepee? Man, Columbus wasn't even here yet!

1Minute
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
They have a cool one up in Ft. Scott KS we've stayed in several times, Wife runs a marathon up there then we go to the Pioneer Days Festival, what a hell of a fun weekend it is.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
They have a cool one up in Ft. Scott KS we've stayed in several times, Wife runs a marathon up there then we go to the Pioneer Days Festival, what a hell of a fun weekend it is.
Lyon Inn. The restaurant there is decent. I think the restaurant is called "Nate's Place". My Dad is buried in National Cemetery Number 1, Fort Scott.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've spent a couple of nights in the Stanley Hotel too.

,.....didn't see any ghosts there, either.

After looking over the Stanley, we stayed at the Holiday Inn. Looked like a fire trap.

I did stay at the Crescent in Eureka Springs. At least it's a masonry structure, not a wood frame building. It's sort of a weird place with reported ghosts, although I didn't see any. It was the location of my son's wedding and they did a good job.

DF
The Crescent is a nice place. They really play up the ghosty aspect of it. On in Eureka Springs is another, supposedly haunted hotel, the Basin Park.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by gunner500
Lyon Inn. The restaurant there is decent. I think the restaurant is called "Nate's Place". My Dad is buried in National Cemetery Number 1, Fort Scott.

10-4, cool deal EE, I've walked that cemetery in the evening before the sun went down, a lot of reverence came over me there. smile

Trump Won!
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Spent the night in one in Llano TX. (Dabbs Hotel) Was crazy nice! Breakfast included.

.....Unfortunately some rich family bought it and turned it into a residence. 100 ft. from the Llano river!

Almost forgot. They had life-sized posters of Bonnie & Clyde posing in front of the hotel.

Oops, another addition.. They had feather double beds!!!! ...and of course it operated as a bordello once also.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 1minute

So which tribe put up that teepee? Man, Columbus wasn't even here yet!

lol 1917....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In the late 90's the wife and I stayed in the Seven Gables Inn / Grand View Inn complex in Pacific Grove california. This was around the time they did the national Visa/Amex commercials saying you could stay there no problem, just no American Express. we had a quaint little room, left one afternoon and walked down Cannery Row for the evening. Returned to a lovely written note on the bed which said "we hope you enjoyed your outing tonight, so we left the windows open to cool your room. But please note that the window dressings in this room are hand made (insert something really expensive here) at a cost of over $10,000 so please close before the rain comes in or you will be charged with the damage. This was about 1/3rd of our yearly salary, we slammed the windows shut with a quickness!

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've spent a couple of nights in the Stanley Hotel too.

,.....didn't see any ghosts there, either.

After looking over the Stanley, we stayed at the Holiday Inn. Looked like a fire trap.

I did stay at the Crescent in Eureka Springs. At least it's a masonry structure, not a wood frame building. It's sort of a weird place with reported ghosts, although I didn't see any. It was the location of my son's wedding and they did a good job.

DF
The Crescent is a nice place. They really play up the ghosty aspect of it. On in Eureka Springs is another, supposedly haunted hotel, the Basin Park.

I think the same lady who owns the Crescent, owns that one, too.

She lives in the Crescent penthouse appt, or did 10 years ago when I was there. Her husband had just passed.

DF

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

301 members (2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 26 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.