Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
DF - I don't remember if yours is the MOS system, or milled into the slide? Does the bottom of the rear sight notch clear the RMR base, or are you just seeing the top edge of the sights?

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by EdM
I hope to thump a hog with my Glock as well. Load is the 180 gr XTP over 14.5 grs of AAC 9.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

How do you like your razor?
I’m looking at the viper, venom and razor.

I like it a lot. I bought it used from a member here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by EdM
I hope to thump a hog with my Glock as well. Load is the 180 gr XTP over 14.5 grs of AAC 9.

Tell me about the frame treatment. Looks nice.

If you got Trijicon suppressor sights, they'll co-witness the red dot. I find it much faster than trying to find the dot without the co-witness irons.

DF

A guy in San Antonio did it for a very fair price.

https://www.sinnermass.com/

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Yondering
DF - I don't remember if yours is the MOS system, or milled into the slide? Does the bottom of the rear sight notch clear the RMR base, or are you just seeing the top edge of the sights?

It’s the MOS.

With Trijicon suppressor sights, I can co-witness the RMR red dot.

DF

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y

It’s the MOS.

DF

OK, but that didn't really answer the question. I'd guess you're only seeing about half of the front sight dot, give or take a bit?

It doesn't matter that much, but MOS-height suppressor sights exist to work better with that combination.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

It’s the MOS.

DF

OK, but that didn't really answer the question. I'd guess you're only seeing about half of the front sight dot, give or take a bit?

It doesn't matter that much, but MOS-height suppressor sights exist to work better with that combination.

I see enough of the irons thru the RMR glass to get a full sight picture. I see enough of both the front and rear sights to shoot it even if the RMR is turned off.

And, at least for me, I can find the red dot a lot quicker this way.

DF

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Yup either way, seeing the irons helps for sure. Especially at first, when making the transition from just irons.

I've found (after carrying and shooting red dot Glocks for ~8 years now) that I don't look at the sights at all in normal shooting, but it took a lot of reps of presenting the gun correctly to get to that point. I do still use the irons occasionally though, picking up that tritium front in low light is one example. Even though I don't use the irons most of the time now, I still wouldn't set up a serious pistol without them. And by "serious", I mean a pistol that is for something more than just the shooting ranges and gun games.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yup either way, seeing the irons helps for sure. Especially at first, when making the transition from just irons.

I've found (after carrying and shooting red dot Glocks for ~8 years now) that I don't look at the sights at all in normal shooting, but it took a lot of reps of presenting the gun correctly to get to that point. I do still use the irons occasionally though, picking up that tritium front in low light is one example. Even though I don't use the irons most of the time now, I still wouldn't set up a serious pistol without them. And by "serious", I mean a pistol that is for something more than just the shooting ranges and gun games.

I’m not there yet. The irons help me a lot. Red dot dances around, irons are always where I can find them.

Find them, you‘ve found the dot.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM

Tell me about the frame treatment. Looks nice.

If you got Trijicon suppressor sights, they'll co-witness the red dot. I find it much faster than trying to find the dot without the co-witness irons.

DF

A guy in San Antonio did it for a very fair price.

https://www.sinnermass.com/

I'm in contact with them. Will send them my frame.

I'll bet it handles as good as it looks.

Thanks for the link.

DF

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It does. Did you send a photo of mine?

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by EdM
It does. Did you send a photo of mine?

Yes, included a printed copy of the photo you posted.

DF

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wanting to start reloading for this pistol, Glock gen3 SF with a KKM 5" bbl. I have AA9, blue dot, long shot. Gonna use Badman 200gr coated bullets and new starline brass. Need actual confirmed loading data with what grains you are using. Looking for just below nuclear loads. Everybody post what bullets and what powder and what brass but never the actual grains that they are using. Now I understand the whole in my gun not your gun and Ymmv

Clos

NRA Life Member

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
My current and fav load is 9.2 Longshot, Fed 150 mag primers, 180 gr XTP.

I haven’t clocked it out of the 7” KKM, but it’s probably 1,250 or better.

DF

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by clos
Wanting to start reloading for this pistol, Glock gen3 SF with a KKM 5" bbl. I have AA9, blue dot, long shot. Gonna use Badman 200gr coated bullets and new starline brass. Need actual confirmed loading data with what grains you are using. Looking for just below nuclear loads. Everybody post what bullets and what powder and what brass but never the actual grains that they are using. Now I understand the whole in my gun not your gun and Ymmv

Stop right there. You're using a different bullet than most everyone else, and especially with cast bullets you MUST work up loads for that bullet. Do not copy someone else's load for a different bullet.

Bullet shape makes a huge difference in loaded case capacity, and that shape varies a LOT with cast bullets.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
This is for Geno, Valsdad, who asked about lead free bullets for his .25-20 and .256 Win. There aren't any..... But that's not bad, because the "lead free" laws allows one with firearm chambered for a cartridge for which no factory ammo with lead free bullets exists, such as an older round, one may use lead ammo to hunt. So, I'm going to keep on shooting ground squirrels with my .25-20 and my 60 gr. Hdy handloads. E

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by clos
Need actual confirmed loading data ...

The best source for that data is available on the manufacturers website.

If you stay within those guidelines you will be ok with your powders and new Starline Brass.

I seldom see a need for max loads in the 10...it's very capable round even with starting loads. 30k psi level loads are more brass friendly.

Blue Dot has worked well for me over many years, but has known lot to lot variations in burn rate, so I would suggest starting with Longshot.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
LS meters well thru my Dillon 550 B. Blue Dot doesn’t meter as consistently thru a powder measure.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have lotsa Longshot and Unique. Anybody found a load with ProReach? Got a couple pounds of that too.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RickBin
I have lotsa Longshot and Unique. Anybody found a load with ProReach? Got a couple pounds of that too.

Don't have any, but it seems to be in the right burn rate range, just a tad faster than AA #9 and LS, slightly slower than 800X and Blue Dot.

I've read it's Alliant's answer to Hodgdon's Longshot.

Is it ball or flake type powder?

DF

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Load data for handgun isn't available for Pro Reach.

But since Pro Reach is in the same general Burn Rate category as Longshot, it doesn't make sense not to use Longshot, which is Long proven to be a top powder in the 10mm with a lot of published load data all ready to go...

At least until a lab does some testing.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,571
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.