Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Now put on your NRA cheerleader dress[you did your job for today].

I wouldn't want to see any pro gun owners drag the NRA through the mud, if you know what I mean. :

NRA has wrote the book on doing that...to itself.

FJB & FJT

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
You can still revel in your losses numbnuts

limited to one gun purchase per month, “universal background checks” on all purchases, a red flag law, and a law that allows localities to ban guns within their jurisdictions such as public parks, buildings, etc. sick

Even the one handgun a month was ammended to exempt concealed carry license holders, law enforcement, folks replacing stolen weapons etc....Is it good, no. Is it a helluva lot better since we stood up against them? Hell yes.

We'd be turning in guns right now if it weren't for the people that turned out at the BofS's meetings and in Richmond on Lobby day, and the VCDL for organizing/informing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Virginia Advances the Egregious HB 961 to the Senate
By Keith Finch - February 12, 2020

HB 961, one of the most ambitious gun control efforts we have seen, has passed the Commonwealth of Virginia’s House to be sent to the Senate. Despite vocal and vehement opposition, like the sanctuary movement, it is now one step closer to the Governor’s desk where Northram will almost certainly sign it…

HB 961

Expands the definition of “assault firearm” and prohibits any person from importing, selling, transferring, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, or transporting an assault firearm. A violation is a Class 6 felony. The bill prohibits a dealer from selling, renting, trading, or transferring from his inventory an assault firearm to any person. The bill also prohibits a person from carrying a shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered in a public place; under existing law, this prohibition applies only in certain localities. The bill makes it a Class 6 felony to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport large-capacity firearm magazines, silencers, and trigger activators, all defined in the bill. Any person who legally owns an assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator on July 1, 2020, may retain possession until January 1, 2021. During that time, such person shall (i) render the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator inoperable; (ii) remove the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator from the Commonwealth; (iii) transfer the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a person outside the Commonwealth who is not prohibited from possessing it; or (iv) surrender the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a state or local law-enforcement agency.

The bill further states that any person who legally owns an assault firearm on July 1, 2020, may retain possession of such assault firearm after January 1, 2021, if such person has obtained a permit from the Department of State Police to possess an assault firearm in accordance with procedures established in the bill. A person issued such permit may possess an assault firearm only under the following conditions: (a) while in his home or on his property or while on the property of another who has provided prior permission, provided that the person has the landowner’s written permission on his person while on such property; (b) while at a shooting range, shooting gallery, or other area designated for the purpose of target shooting or the target range of a public or private club or organization whose members have organized for the purpose of practicing shooting targets or competing in target shooting matches; (c) while engaged in lawful hunting; or (d) while surrendering the assault firearm to a state or local law-enforcement agency. A person issued such permit may also transport an assault firearm between any of those locations, provided that such assault firearm is unloaded and secured within a closed container while being transported. The bill also provides that failure to display the permit and a photo identification upon demand by a law-enforcement officer shall be punishable by a $25 civil penalty, which shall be paid into the state treasury. The bill also requires the Department of State Police to enter the name and description of a person issued a permit in the Virginia Criminal Information Network (VCIN) so that the permit’s existence and current status will be made known to the law-enforcement personnel accessing VCIN for investigative purposes.

“Assault firearm” means:
1. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;

2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a thumbhole stock; (iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (v) a bayonet mount; (vi) a grenade launcher; (vii) a flare launcher; (viii) a silencer; (ix) a flash suppressor; (x) a muzzle brake; (xi) a muzzle compensator; (xii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xiii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (xii);

3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;

4. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) the capacity to accept a magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the non-trigger hand without being burned; (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; (vii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a barrel extender, or (d) a forward handgrip; or (viii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (vii);

5. A shotgun with a revolving cylinder that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material; or

6. A semi-automatic shotgun that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a thumbhole stock, (iii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the shotgun, (iv) the ability to accept a detachable magazine, (v) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds, or (vi) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (v).

“Assault firearm” includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert, modify, or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily assembled into an assault firearm. “Assault firearm” does not include (i) a firearm that has been rendered permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or relic as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2.

Virginia Advances the Egregious HB 961 to the Senate

Last edited by High_Noon; 02/17/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by jackmountain
You can still revel in your losses numbnuts

limited to one gun purchase per month, “universal background checks” on all purchases, a red flag law, and a law that allows localities to ban guns within their jurisdictions such as public parks, buildings, etc. sick

Even the one handgun a month was ammended to exempt concealed carry license holders, law enforcement, folks replacing stolen weapons etc....Is it good, no. Is it a helluva lot better since we stood up against them? Hell yes.

We'd be turning in guns right now if it weren't for the people that turned out at the BofS's meetings and in Richmond on Lobby day, and the VCDL for organizing/informing.

Why does LE get an exemption?
Their work guns are issued, not sure why anything off-duty should be exempt.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
if it weren't for the people that turned out

That's for sure numbnuts

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Lifetime member?

FJB & FJT
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

That's for sure numbnuts

What’s that equate to as a percentage of those that showed?
Minuscule.....,.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Minuscule.....,.

Who needs pro gun members anyhow? grin grin grin

You guys must be part of the braintrust here?

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by NH K9

That's for sure numbnuts

Minuscule.....,.

I can honestly say, as someone who personally attended lobby day, and boards of supervisors meetings in 3 counties, I don't recall seeing one NRA rep.
They made zero showing in Richmond on Lobby day, and had no presence at the Supervisors meetings I was at.

VCDL was all over everyone of them.
Watch4bare taking credit for the NRA is identical to the Dems taking credit for Trump's booming economy.
W4B hates Trump too....go figure. Always on the outside looking in crying.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Your reading comprehension needs work, but you’ve made that very clear recently.
Many of us commenting are, and will continue to be, NRA members. We’re also intellectually honest enough to point out its shortcomings. The fact that you can’t face up to those is indicative of why many of us are frustrated.

George

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We need to cut the NRA a little slack. The leadership of the organization is too busy fighting their own personal legal battles to get involved this Virginia problem. If the officers were to resign and use their personal money their legal bills would put them in bankruptcy.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The fact that you can’t face up to those is indicative of why many of us are frustrated.

Your right, now is exactly when we should be throwing the NRA under the bus. grin She appreciates your help.

Actually, some of you sound just like trump. Notice the similarities?

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That's for sure numbnuts

Minuscule.....,.

I can honestly say, as someone who personally attended lobby day, and boards of supervisors meetings in 3 counties, I don't recall seeing one NRA rep.
They made zero showing in Richmond on Lobby day, and had no presence at the Supervisors meetings I was at.

Watch4bare taking credit for the NRA is identical to the Dems taking credit for Trump's booming economy.

I’d have to agree. I was at my county board meeting and at lobby day. Zero from the NRA. Nothing that I saw or heard from them at either event. VCDL had a strong presence at each event. Thank you VCDL

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So you are a serial liar?

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

That's for sure numbnuts

Minuscule.....,.

They gave away some high cap mags. It seems like they could have done a hell of a lot more.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So you are a serial liar?

Negative

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ok. Watch4bare has a much better perspective than the Virginians do. He read it on da innanet that the NRA is fighting for gun rights. Nothing to see here .

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You should get a SERIAL LIAR bumper sticker for your car.

MOLON LABE

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.