R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Here's mine.

[Linked Image]

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
All the guns you show us are primo condition.

Need pics of your polish wbp fox AKM again!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 02/18/20.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
OK, since we appear to have some knowledgeable folks here today, did I do alright getting this one for $50?

And, should I turn in into a dedicated turkey gun with some modifications perhaps? DuraCoat paint? Plain ol' Krylon? Just rust brown the metal? Maybe have the barrel cut and threaded for tubes?

See how it shoots with various non-lead ammo before doing anything with the barrel? (Cali, you know)

Seems by the serial number it was born a year after I was, I was kinda hoping to get lucky and find one made the same year as I was.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yep, it's been poorly taken care of, but not by me. Got it to help out a friend, who's wife's ex got toasted by the cops, she didn't want the gun hanging around. Apparently not so well taken care of before and after the incident, imagine that.

So, ideas anyone? Boat anchor? Worth a little of my time? Sell it in parts and pieces?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In my book 1 st thing on M12's is real simple. Open the action see the joint between the chamber ring extension and the end of the barrel. See and feel if the joint is TOTALLY smooth and can't feel it one little bit. If you can, hand it back and walk away. Too many people who have owned a M12 take it down to clean it and use an abrasive of some type to clean the barrel chamber leaving it slightly larger than the chamber extension ring, doesn't take much and every time you use high brass shell the hull expands out past the diameter of the chamber extension ring and sticks or at least makes for very sticky extraction. If a guy wants to polish a model 12 chamber it needs to be done from the muzzle slowly and carefully while the chamber ring extension and barrel chamber are together in 1 piece by a PRO. It's the only pump out there beside the 97 with this retarded system. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
OK, since we appear to have some knowledgeable folks here today, did I do alright getting this one for $50?

And, should I turn in into a dedicated turkey gun with some modifications perhaps? DuraCoat paint? Plain ol' Krylon? Just rust brown the metal? Maybe have the barrel cut and threaded for tubes?

See how it shoots with various non-lead ammo before doing anything with the barrel? (Cali, you know)

Seems by the serial number it was born a year after I was, I was kinda hoping to get lucky and find one made the same year as I was.

Yep, it's been poorly taken care of, but not by me. Got it to help out a friend, who's wife's ex got toasted by the cops, she didn't want the gun hanging around. Apparently not so well taken care of before and after the incident, imagine that.

So, ideas anyone? Boat anchor? Worth a little of my time? Sell it in parts and pieces?

Geno

If that gun is mechanically sound (and it looks like it is), you did extremely well on the deal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A previous owner/handler ( maybe the po-po? ) had taken it down and reassembled the mag tube or something as I recall. I had someone familiar with them, from a local trap club where I was living at the time, recommended as an expert in M 12s, check it and show me how to put it together correctly.

Seems to cycle like a champ now.

Geno

Last edited by Valsdad; 02/18/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
A previous owner/handler ( maybe the po-po? ) had taken it down and reassembled the mag tube or something as I recall. I had someone familiar with them, from a local trap club where I was living at the time, recommended as an expert in M 12s, check it and show me how to put it together correctly.

Seems to cycle like a champ now.

Geno
If it works like it's supposed to, that's a pretty cool old gun.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I've got a nice, well used Wingmaster Magnum that's accounted for a turkey and a number of upland birds, but the bluing is still fairly nice and shiny. I figured this M 12 would be a good project in making a "dull" gun, seeing as how the finish is already ruined.

Besides, a functioning 12g for $50? Another barter item if the SHTF? Another item to help hold down the fort?

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Geno
Why do anything to it? It sounds like you've got it functioning perfectly. If you've got it well cleaned and oiled and maybe taken all the rust off, leave it as-is and use it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nice looking field gun, but looks to have been redone, but still a great shooter as they were great pumpguns.
Here is mine, SN is 5 digits, so sometime around 1915, It too was rebuilt into a trap gun by Simmons sometime in the 60's.
It's a back-up to my regular Kolar trap gun. Shoots the same POA and I had the trigger adjusted to be the same as my Kolar.
The Remington Model 31TG below it, is all original. 1946 make, one of the smoothest actions ever found on a pump shotgun.
The Model 12 was bought for $750, the Model 31TG was $850
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Here's mine.

[Linked Image]
Beautiful.

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by Toddly
Here’s a collectible model 12

[Linked Image from ]
[Linked Image from ]

Do you have pics of the end label on that M12 box?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

320 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 41 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,571
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.