Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Mine has a 4x32 Meopta, can't think of anything I'd replace it with.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Hell, maybe he got one that actually works. I've seen guys on the innerwebs say that they're great......

Did you try them on the Swaro z5 platform or were you using z3s? I’m curious as heck now. This was a big purchase for me! If I have same experience as you Swarovski will definitely be hearing about it ... lol.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Meopta

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Lecia ER 2.5 -10

You can pick up a used one for $600.

Be warned. Once you've tried alpha glass there is not going back....

If God can get by on 10%, why does the government need 90%
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It would be Nightforce for sure.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wondering why there is no mention besides mine of a zeiss V4 in this thread, unless I missed it.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Would put $450 - $500 of it in a like new 10 year old Zeiss and the rest into gear. $1,200 today isn't hardly enough to buy much in the way of a new scope, and most of the middle range scopes today aren't as good as the better scopes of a decade ago.

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what universe are YOU from?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Yep. Time will tell you the turrets suck. Take a test once you get it. Sight in, and get your dope. Take a pic of 5 rounds at your sight in target.Then start the test, shoot a round at your sight in target distance. Dial to your max distance target, shoot again. Dial back to first target, and run 5 rounds to each target dialling between each round/distance. 10 rounds total, five at each distance with dialling each shot, and cooling in between if you want. When done, post a pic of those two targets. Then compare the 2 sight in target groups..... I think you'll find that 'best glass' don't equate to 'best groups'. But what do I know, having only done that to 4 of 'em..... Enough to learn me that I'll never do it again with swaro. Give me good internals and glass good enuff to see the target, any ol' time.

This isn’t what I want to hear after ordering my most expensive scope to date! I thought I was finally doing something right by splurging on some good glass. Where were you a day or two ago??? Now I’m confused and aggravated.

I tried to steer you to the Tract Toric a scooe that equals the best ice the best at a 1/3rd of the cost.

I own high end Zeis, S&B, Nightforcs and US Optics and my Tract Toric 3X15X50 takes a back seat to none

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jwp475
Yep. Time will tell you the turrets suck. Take a test once you get it. Sight in, and get your dope. Take a pic of 5 rounds at your sight in target.Then start the test, shoot a round at your sight in target distance. Dial to your max distance target, shoot again. Dial back to first target, and run 5 rounds to each target dialling between each round/distance. 10 rounds total, five at each distance with dialling each shot, and cooling in between if you want. When done, post a pic of those two targets. Then compare the 2 sight in target groups..... I think you'll find that 'best glass' don't equate to 'best groups'. But what do I know, having only done that to 4 of 'em..... Enough to learn me that I'll never do it again with swaro. Give me good internals and glass good enuff to see the target, any ol' time.

This isn’t what I want to hear after ordering my most expensive scope to date! I thought I was finally doing something right by splurging on some good glass. Where were you a day or two ago??? Now I’m confused and aggravated.

I tried to steer you to the Tract Toric a scooe that equals the best ice the best at a 1/3rd of the cost.

I own high end Zeis, S&B, Nightforcs and US Optics and my Tract Toric 3X15X50 takes a back seat to none

I’m still excited about the Swaro glass! I’ll keep you all posted on how it works out for me.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Good deal

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I am amazed at how many people select a rifle scope on the glass and how the image looks when viewing but give little consideration to the mechanicals of the scope and how well it will zero, hold zero and dial if needed.

Almost without exception all modern rifle scopes that I have looked thru in the last many years had more than enough glass quality to see the target well and to make shots during any reasonable light conditions, I want mine to also move where the dials are moved and hold zero.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
this is a stupid post.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
go on ebay and buy a bushnell 6500 elite 2.5x16x42 30mm tube side focus for around 600.00 . keep the rest because you will want another one later.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hubert
this is a stupid post.

Thread or post?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by jwp475

I’m still excited about the Swaro glass! I’ll keep you all posted on how it works out for me.

My Swarvo Z5 has slightly better definition than my Tract Toric(s) but its hardly worth fussing over. The Tract wins hands down on functionality and value.

Last edited by NZSika; 02/25/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Hubert
this is a stupid post.

Thread or post?

He was referring to his post and he was right.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Two Burris FF IIs and a new rifle for the second scope.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Two Burris FF IIs and a new rifle for the second scope.

I’ve owned many FFII scopes over the past 20yrs. I own a few at the moment. I also own multiple Burris XTR II scopes currently. I’ve had such great results with them all...

However, this past muzzleloader season I was in the stand 3-4hrs in 20 degree temps. I couldn’t turn the damned ocular to get more magnification. Buck standing broadside at 100yds and I wanted 6x to thread the needle through the brush but couldn’t get it. I hammered him at 3x, but damnit!

I hunted out of heated shacks up till last year and never knew this could happen. Also FF II with that whole ocular magnification adjuster makes flip up scope caps a pain in the butt. So, from a die hard Burris fan I can’t recommend the FF II line anymore. I say E1 or XTR line. Just FYI - Brad

Truth sounds like hate to those who hate truth.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Shop around and buy a S&B 3-12x42 Klassic. You can make your reticle any size you want. powdr

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

316 members (14idaho, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,053 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,992
Posts18,481,107
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.