Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/23/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tyrone
How would anyone know if it was a natural variation or an engineered variation?
It's not like there's a marker that says "Engineered by Chin".

Simple.

Capture wild bats.

Draw their saliava and test them for Corona variants.

Compare rna.

As I noted above, this research has been going on for sometime, basically since the SARS outbreak. Since then they've identified over 300 wild variants of Corona that appear in Bats, including one that is very close it not identical to this one.
What if there was only 1 bat where the virus mutated into the dreaded form? What if that bat was killed by Patient Zero before it spread to other bats? In that case, you won't find your exact variant in any other bats. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

It's easy to find "variants". Those don't prove a thing.

Let's face it - some things are not knowable. We'll never know if it came from a lab unless someone tells us and it's possible that we'll never know if it came from bats.

Last edited by Tyrone; 02/23/20.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
How would anyone know if it was a natural variation or an engineered variation?
It's not like there's a marker that says "Engineered by Chin".

Simple.

Capture wild bats.

Draw their saliava and test them for Corona variants.

Compare rna.

As I noted above, this research has been going on for sometime, basically since the SARS outbreak. Since then they've identified over 300 wild variants of Corona that appear in Bats, including one that is very close it not identical to this one.
What if there was only 1 bat where the virus mutated into the dreaded form? What if that bat was killed by Patient Zero before it spread to other bats? In that case, you won't find your exact variant in any other bats. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

It's easy to find "variants". Those don't prove a thing.

I just relaying that state of the research as it relates to the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the current lines credible evidence we have relating to it's origins, and why they do not support the tinfoil hat theories.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I just relaying that state of the research as it relates to the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the current lines credible evidence we have relating to it's origins, and why they do not support the tinfoil hat theories.
I understand that is the way they have to go about these things. It's the only way that makes sense. It's possible that the surveys will come up with nothing. But the tinfoil hat theories will always remain tinfoil hat. Even if we can't find the exact strain in nature.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It’s all speculation where it came from but it’s just as likely it escaped from the level 4 lab in Wuhnan as is came from bats living 300 miles away. Why would scientists and .gov point to a natural source and deny it came from a lab ? Because of scrutiny and responsibility. In one scenario scientists and .gov need to be turned loose and given tons of money to save the world and in the other they need to be reined in and help accountable. Ask any .gov or scientists and they’re going to tell you it came from wild bats...give us money and power to protect you !

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I understand that is the way they have to go about these things. It's the only way that makes sense. It's possible that the surveys will come up with nothing. But the tinfoil hat theories will always remain tinfoil hat. Even if we can't find the exact strain in nature.

Tyrone.

True. You will never satisfy the tinfoil hat crowd. In this instance they started the survey as I recall about 12 years ago, and identified this one about 3 years ago, and it seems to be pretty common in bats. Of course, its' the more common variants with feature most consistent with high transmission. But, that's a lot less "fun" and outrageous than "The Chinese are planning a super bug to wipe out there largest trading partner".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
And Seth Rich was killed in a robbery and G Bush had a look alike standing on the corner at the Texas Book Depository the day JFK died and he really didnt remember where he was when JFK was shot and the CIA and DOJ and FBI did not conspire against Trump and Clinton didnt finance NKs nuke program and Zero didnt try to finance Irans nuke program and Zero didnt bend over to let Putin take Crimea.

I Dindo Nuffin
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The bigger problem is where it is going

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
And Seth Rich was killed in a robbery and G Bush had a look alike standing on the corner at the Texas Book Depository the day JFK died and he really didnt remember where he was when JFK was shot and the CIA and DOJ and FBI did not conspire against Trump and Clinton didnt finance NKs nuke program and Zero didnt try to finance Irans nuke program and Zero didnt bend over to let Putin take Crimea.

Each of those are their own separate claim, and must stand or fall on their own evidence.

I find it interesting your first reference was to the most notable conspiracy theory of all times.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I hope it doesn’t go crazy here, I’m worried about that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
However, now that this narrative has been officially questioned and challenged in a media outlet of the communist party, it is safe to say that the theory of the Huanan food market being the source of the pandemic, is officially dead.

The conclusion: "China has unleashed a plague on its own people. It’s too early to say how many in China and other countries will ultimately die for the failures of their country’s state-run microbiology labs, but the human cost will be high."

While that conclusion is most likely accurate, the question now is who gets the blame, and why the sudden change in the official Chinese narrative. If, indeed, it is now Xi Jinping's intention to shift attention away from Beijing's disastrous handling of the pandemic and pin the blame on someone else, there is only one entity that he can choose: the Level 4 microbiology lab that is equipped to handle deadly coronaviruses, called the National Biosafety Laboratory, which - as we first pointed out several weeks ago - is part of the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

In an article published in Nature Medicine on 9 November 2015, titled "A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence" and one of whose authors was Shi Zhengli, the top researcher at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, we read how researchers created a chimaeric virus, made up of a surface protein of SHC014 and the backbone of a SARS virus that had been adapted to grow in mice and to mimic human disease. The chimaera infected human airway cells — proving that the surface protein of SHC014 has the necessary structure to bind to a key receptor on the cells and to infect them.

Although almost all coronaviruses isolated from bats have not been able to bind to the key human receptor, SHC014 is not the first that can do so. In 2013, researchers reported this ability for the first time in a different coronavirus isolated from the same bat population2.

As Nature wrote in 2015:

The findings reinforce suspicions that bat coronaviruses capable of directly infecting humans (rather than first needing to evolve in an intermediate animal host) may be more common than previously thought, the researchers say.

But other virologists question whether the information gleaned from the experiment justifies the potential risk. Although the extent of any risk is difficult to assess, Simon Wain-Hobson, a virologist at the Pasteur Institute in Paris, points out that the researchers have created a novel virus that “grows remarkably well” in human cells. “If the virus escaped, nobody could predict the trajectory,” he says.

A little over 4 years later, we now know exactly what the trajectory is, if indeed the coronavirus is the outcome of the same experiments Nature described back in 2015.

And in this context, we wonder if once Beijing does flip and points the finger to the Wuhan Institute Of Virology, especially now that the CDC is on the ground and doing its own analysis where the virus originated as per White House guidance, whether Twitter, which has decided to emerge as the arbiter of absolute truths related to the coronavirus epidemic, will also be forced to revise its own history of banning those who dared to speak up and predict the shape of the narrative ahead of time?

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn
So where did it originate?

I'll take a PLA bio-warfare laboratory for $1000 Alex?

Nailed it

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
This could easily be both a "natural bat virus" and an "escapee from the lab." The lab was not filled with only manufactured viruses. Indeed, most of its stock would actually be natural viruses upon which they were doing experiments, etc.

And the Winnipeg, Canada lab connection is certainly not just a conspiracy theory. Four Chinese scientists were forcibly removed from the lab in mid-2019 and are still under RCMP investigation for suspected virus-stealing/shipping. Two of those scientists are the lead researchers at Wuhan. The director of the Wuhan Viral Institute has had over a decade-long run as a chief cooperative researcher at the Winnipeg lab, and was well-known for recruiting dozens to hundreds of Chinese research students to work for her while in Canada.

The same Winnipeg lab had a major virus theft in 2009 as well--that one was discovered when the scientist-thiefs were caught crossing the North Dakota border crossing with vials of viruses in their glove compartment.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,207
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.