Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Oh I don't mind if you ask. I used to be a heavy drinker. Loved my bourbon. I quit completely 6 years ago and haven't had a drop since. I also smoked cigarettes. Pack and a half a day for over 30 years. Quit those 10 years ago now and haven't touched one since. Used to drink two pots of coffee a day too. Quit that 4 years ago and don't drink any other caffeinated beverages either. Completely drug free now. How bout you ?

How do you feel now compared to then?
Not a whole lot different actually. A little older, slower and more tired but that's to be expected with age. There are still times I'd like to have some caffeine to wake my old ass up but it gives me irregular heartbeat so I don't. I don't spend the first hour or two of the day hacking up a lung anymore so that's a plus.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Here's what I know about the current marijuana situation.

Leave the 20% plus Indica government pot alone. It'll give you an anxiety attack that'll make ya flap your arms like a duck for about an hour. It's not for human consumption.

Stick to Sativa that's around 10%. It just makes you eat ice cream and listen to old 80's rock.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Leave the 20% plus Indica government pot alone. It'll give you an anxiety attack that'll make ya flap your arms like a duck for about an hour. It's not for human consumption.

Stick to Sativa that's around 10%. It just makes you eat ice cream and listen to old 80's rock.

Actually the Sativa strains are the high anxiety culprits. Both give me anxiety. I quit smoking weed years ago because of anxiety. I don't like the feeling of being high anymore.

I did use some oils and tinctures after my cancer surgery and it helped me get off the dilaudid.

You can lead a horse...
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Oh I don't mind if you ask. I used to be a heavy drinker. Loved my bourbon. I quit completely 6 years ago and haven't had a drop since. I also smoked cigarettes. Pack and a half a day for over 30 years. Quit those 10 years ago now and haven't touched one since. Used to drink two pots of coffee a day too. Quit that 4 years ago and don't drink any other caffeinated beverages either. Completely drug free now. How bout you ?

Oh, I still imbibe, a bottle of Diet Coke a day. I gave a glass of D Coke on the table in front of me now. And a gallon of wine will last about three months in the fridge.

I was around a lot of weed in college. Not interested! Same with tobacco, I had enough problems with my lungs as it was. I used to run out of air after running only five or six miles. Damn, I wish I could STILL run.

An older guy tried to get my pot smoking dorm mates to try some coke once, while I was there. Hell, even they were scared schittless of that crap.

That was in '76. I still suspect he was an undercover narc officer.

I have seen a guy blow a +$million dollar inheritance up his nose in less than a year. The aforementioned hunting buddy cashed out ten years worth of 401K and a pension plan in one summer to buy meth. Now he is sixty years old, with no teeth, and ankles of both legs failing, and trying to figure out how to get qualified for SSI.

And we are supposed to support him and his ilk till they die. Hell, I'd much rather my $ go to some female hood rat with eight kids from six daddies. At least there is some chance one of the little tykes might grow up to be worth a shcitt.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I went to a 3 day CBD Summit and some of the benefits you just can’t argue with.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Musicianized
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Actually the Sativa strains are the high anxiety culprits. Both give me anxiety. I quit smoking weed years ago because of anxiety. I don't like the feeling of being high anymore.

I did use some oils and tinctures after my cancer surgery and it helped me get off the dilaudid.

Actually,...I don't like pot any more either. I hadn't smoked any in years,..then I bought a little crumb when I was in Colorado a few years ago.

It caused me to remember why I drifted away from it.

It's a vice for young people.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Fireball2
When we were dumb ass 'kids' in high school everyone knew a few sorta sketchy people that might have some weed...

Chitty, seedy Mexican brick weed.
Make you paranoid as phook!
Smoke some Marb lights.......we thought we were bad ass.....lol
Talking spring of senior year, about the same time we started drinking beer and whiskey......
Late bloomers.
Fairly harmless.

But this meth deal is flat WRECKING lives left and right.

It hasn't wrecked my life, because I never took it. So I guess it comes down to the people doing it. Some people have fallen for it, some haven't.

I'd be tempted to use the "don't blame the gun for the crime" argument, but everyone knows drugs are not quite the same animal. Not exactly an inanimate object they way they alter the function of the brain.

Yes, my old buddy has been clean (meth) for about ten years. But he is severely brain damaged, both emotions and mentation He is still paranoid, angers easily, and comes up with the stupidest irrational thought processes. That is not to mention the physical damage to his bones and organs.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

How do you feel now compared to then?
Not a whole lot different actually. A little older, slower and more tired but that's to be expected with age. There are still times I'd like to have some caffeine to wake my old ass up but it gives me irregular heartbeat so I don't. I don't spend the first hour or two of the day hacking up a lung anymore so that's a plus.

I thought you might feel way better.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,566 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,471
Posts18,529,343
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.