mad

Down 935 now since opening.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Its all supply and demand......they are just switching over to a spring blend.........nothing to see here.......yadda yadda yadda.....

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I’m thinking it’s not BS, the virus can/will have a crippling impact on financial markets, just look at China factory production in the recent weeks. It’s not going away soon. Good buying opportunities are coming in the stock market assuming one still has dry powder!

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Its all supply and demand......they are just switching over to a spring blend.........nothing to see here.......yadda yadda yadda.....

And I haven’t a clue what you are saying . . .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The demoRats will try to blame it on Trump.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Corn, and soybeans are down as well.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm guessing that retail prices will go way up as the Chinese supply drops. Wait until the bug hits India where the population is even more crowded than China.
On the good side, maybe people will wake up to the necessity of keeping a strong American manufacturing system in place instead of farming it all out.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'm guessing that retail prices will go way up as the Chinese supply drops. On the good side, maybe people will wake up to the necessity of keeping a strong American manufacturing system in place instead of farming it all out.

Maybe.

People like their cheap Chinee Chit though...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I don't think the stock market can offer 25% annual returns indefinitely. My account was 2X% last year, and since new years it is about 20%. So a slowdown to get an annual increase at 10% seems more realistic.
Lost china goods translates to other markets like the US. Short term blip may have better long term results.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

And I haven’t a clue what you are saying . . .

Jim doesn’t know what he’s talking about majority of the time. Now if you ask him bacon, he’s your man..

Last edited by 79S; 02/24/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not needing any cheap plastic Chinese trinkets so maybe I'll get through it.

LOL
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's more than trinkets coming from China, Walmart would be a popcorn stand without all the Chinese goods.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Look around your house. You will see a lot more than cheap Chinese crap. A lot of your good stuff is made there, too, appliances included. See that big gray transformer on the power pole that feeds your house? I've read that most, if not all, of them are from China.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a slightly more serious version of the flu. Much ado about nothing. Give us the statistics on the number of folks that did not die.

1Minute
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
As was said, it might be a good thing. When the British taxed rum, the colonists learned to make whisky with the corn they had.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 1minute
It's a slightly more serious version of the flu. Much ado about nothing. Give us the statistics on the number of folks that did not die.

We don't have those numbers accurately, as they are being obfusticated by every govt group that can.

This is much more deadly than influenza A or B, and will have a far broader ripple effect as it bounces around the globe over the next few years. You're underestimating the effects of a pandemic which kills at least 1 or 2% of the world's population in a globally-connected world.

Even if in the biggest of pictures it's "just another virus," in the small pictures of everyday life when it hits a nation or a state or a city and the entire place is shut down for weeks, that has a large local impact.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Look around your house. You will see a lot more than cheap Chinese crap. A lot of your good stuff is made there, too, appliances included. See that big gray transformer on the power pole that feeds your house? I've read that most, if not all, of them are from China.

What we are reaping now is what we get for relying on goods from China.

The Chinese "good stuff" is cheaper that the made in the USA good stuff.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
not a dang thing I can do about except enjoy the ride

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of uncertainty around the virus, as it runs through more developed countries like Italy and South Korea we will get a more accurate assessment. This could be the start of a pandemic we cannot stop, or something that can be contained. Never believe anything that comes out of China.

Stock have been overvalued for a while, so this could just be a correction.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rush was commenting on the coronavirus this morning and said it is all media hype and just a common cold virus. It has a 98% survival rate which is better than the common flu. Also said it was probably a result of the chicoms trying to weaponize a virus for their bio program.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,584
Posts18,492,106
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.