Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by killahog
I agree the end justifed the means, but I wonder why the police just did not request a search warrant for the DNA

A warrant to collect evidence on someone who is not a suspect? Probable cause, showing that the evidence is likely in the place to be searched. Might have been too big a hump to cross. Remember, they did this to several members of the family.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And her looser son never lied?
It's always the poor me, poor me. or not me.
Glad they got the dirt bag.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

Ever consider how easy it would be to set people up by using their DNA at a crime scene. Too much weight put on DNA, now fingerprints that's another matter. Amazed that defense attorneys don't question DNA more. GW

Yep.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I'm always glad to see justice served, false pretenses and a really good lawyer might be able to get that evidence suppressed. Likely other samples had things zeroing in on the family and mom's donation nailed the kid.

Have a distant buddy who is a consulting defense detective. His advice for any issue is do not volunteer any info and, above all, keep ones mouth shut.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/24/20.

1Minute
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Lennie: This is a prime example of GREAT police work!
Wouldn't YOU say so?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do not pity either the killer or his parents.

That said...

Do not cooperate with LEOs any more that you are legally obligated to. And get a lawyer ASAP.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shouldn’t they be happy that the police caught a murderer and ashamed that their son is a murderer?

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
There is going to be more of this as time goes by. I think it’s a good thing.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
She should probably be upset with herself for raising a Killer.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, she's just upset that her killer son got caught. It reflects badly on her, you know.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Its good he got caught, but this ends justify the means stuff is why we have a Constitution. The cops just found a clever way to circumvent it. Its not going to be so nice in ten years or so when all conservative white guys are declared terrorists, and they use those tactics against you.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 1minute
While I'm always glad to see justice served, false pretenses and a really good lawyer might be able to get that evidence suppressed. Likely other samples had things zeroing in on the family and mom's donation nailed the kid.

Have a distant buddy who is a consulting defense detective. His advice for any issue is do not volunteer any info and, above all, keep ones mouth shut.

It might, but generally the exclusionary clause would not apply to a violation of a third party. 9th circuit not withstanding. A violation of moms rights doesn’t automatically rise to a violation of sons rights.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do we assume that because he is black he must have done it? Do we assume some kind of moral superiority on the part of law enforcement that if they accuse the person they must be guilty? Do we imply such infallibility or moral integrity on the part of the police that they can never be wrong?

I've seen too many walk out after decades in prison when error and dishonesty on the part of the system is proven to ever take a stand like a presumption of guilt. Innocent until proven guilty is enshrined at the very core of our American value. It is enshrined in our constitution. If we are to toss that out for any reason we might as well toss out everything we believe and stand for with it.

If he's guilty he should hang, but not until after he is afforded due process.

Last edited by Armednfree; 02/24/20.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Do we assume that because he is black he must have done it? Do we assume some kind of moral superiority on the part of law enforcement that if they accuse the person they must be guilty? Do we imply such infallibility or moral integrity on the part of the police that they can never be wrong?

I've seen too many walk out after decades in prison when error and dishonesty on the part of the system is proven to ever take a stand like a presumption of guilt. Innocent until proven guilty is enshrined at the very core of our American value. It is enshrined in our constitution. If we are to toss that out for any reason we might as well toss out everything we believe and stand for with it.

DNA doesn’t lie. It has set a bunch free, but put a lot more in jail. A lot were railroaded for sure.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

Ever consider how easy it would be to set people up by using their DNA at a crime scene. Too much weight put on DNA, now fingerprints that's another matter. Amazed that defense attorneys don't question DNA more. GW

Yep.

don't question big brother...…...in a perfect world no problem......but we live in a perfectly corrupt world...

now look straight ahead at this pen I am holding...……...bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Armednfree

DNA doesn’t lie. It has set a bunch free, but put a lot more in jail. A lot were railroaded for sure.

Yes, DNA tells the story. If it's alright to use DNA to free a wrongly convicted person, then why not use it to catch a killer. Killers should get "due process".............except in the form of a rope around their neck.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
It is possible that law enforcement after decades of not solving a case became so emotionally driven they secretly collected sperm from an innocent person and then proceeded to collect dna from his extended family as cover before collecting his mother’s dna, to prove this innocent person killed this stranger.

As to dna- it is circumstantial evidence. A profile of a person left dna at this crime scene. In this case seman. It is circumstantial that a profile of a suspect has very very very similar dna to the seman found at the crime scene

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They did this because they knew she wouldn't cooperate and would try everything to keep her murderer son out of prison.....I say great job!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
It is possible that law enforcement after decades of not solving a case became so emotionally driven they secretly collected sperm from an innocent person and then proceeded to collect dna from his extended family as cover before collecting his mother’s dna, to prove this innocent person killed this stranger.

As to dna- it is circumstantial evidence. A profile of a person left dna at this crime scene. In this case seman. It is circumstantial that a profile of a suspect has very very very similar dna to the seman found at the crime scene

Be careful. You will get beat-up here for this line of thinking.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
You could frame someone with DNA. The simplest thing, the cop gives the gal at the crime lab an envelope with a hundred Ben Franklins in it, and in return, the next day she realizes the DNA is a match! You think that has never happened?

But all in all the DNA is a great and proven tool for the cops. I don't have a problem with them lying to mama to get the DNA.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 62 invisible), 3,012 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,618
Posts18,533,005
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.