Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
So you mean to say you point rifles at people?

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by battue

How many of your scope buyers even know the 24Hour Campfire exists???? .

How many of your scope buyers care if the 24Hour campfire exists?

Moe

"Pick out two!"
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
FWIW I’ve used about every brand scope out there. I’m not tied to any particular brand and like trying new optics when they come along. What I have found thru the years is that I kept coming back to and using more Leupolds than any of the others because the were dependable and durable. I have beaten the absolute crap out of several Leupolds that are still going strong. I’ve had one that has been on numerous safaris on different high recoil rifles, countless range time, brown bear hunting, all the baggage crazies to get where I was going, days on end bouncing around in a gun rack on the back of a safari vehicle, Bush plane flights n Yada Yada Yada........I pulled the tag of a lifetime a couple years ago and guess which scope was on my gun?

I’m sure Leupold has some lemons come out now n then but they all do including the supposed elite European makers. When I’m in the market I may buy any brand but I always look at and consider Leupold.

Last edited by 163bc; 02/26/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fair enough...I won’t attempt to refute your vast and diversified hunting experience using Leupold’s successfully.

One question without snark attached...Are you dialing with your Leupold’s or set/forget?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I guess me sending my new VX-R back to leupold for growing whiskers on the reticle sitting in the GD box waiting on the rifle to be built was just doing the lords work. crazy

a lonely servants work is never done............................................

Trump Won!
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I'm pretty well a Leupold/Nikon guy. For what I do they serve the purpose and I've never had some of the problems that some have with them that are talked about on here . They all hold Zero for me except one Rifleman I bought about 13 years ago. But they made that good. However, YMMV. I'm not saying that some haven't had these problems, I'm just saying they haven't to me, yet anyway. So I'll keep using them until I experience these problems.
'

Last edited by Filaman; 02/26/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I like my Leupolds, have around 30 or so. I like the gold ring!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Five scopes at three gunshows.......wow......

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Fair enough...I won’t attempt to refute your vast and diversified hunting experience using Leupold’s successfully.

One question without snark attached...Are you dialing with your Leupold’s or set/forget?

😎

Actually I do both. I do far more hunting than dialing for certain but I’ve not had an issue yet with dialing and return to zero with my Leupold. I am a novice long range shooter but my neighbors shoot matches all the time and I practice w them regularly out to 1,000 yards. I only have 2 scopes I dial with and both are Leupolds and both seem to work just fine. I’ve paid attention to the scopes they use and it’s a mixed bag.

Last edited by 163bc; 02/26/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pabucktail
So you mean to say you point rifles at people?

You don’t?

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
First week of January I decided to diminish my horde of unmounted Rifle scopes and sell them. I had been gathering the scopes (of which there were 19 - nineteen!) of various makes, in the last couple of years, with hopes of either using them or selling them for a bit of profit!
Of the 19 (nineteen) Rifle scopes that I had gathered and decided to sell they came from various makers including Zeiss, Weaver, Redfield, Burris and Leupold.
Been to several gunshows now and peddled them either from my day pack or from rented tables at these honored events.
The Leupold scopes, by a multiple of about 10 (ten!), brought more attention at every offering site (in three different states!) and to date I have sold 5 (five!) of my scopes - ALL of the sold Rifle scopes were Leupolds!
The list of sold Leupolds included 2 (two) 4.5x14 variables, 1 (one) 3.5x10x50mm variable, 1 (one) 3x9 variable and 1 (one) 4x12 variable.
From this stark sales record and my observation of "interest" in my displayed array of Rifle scopes, I would surmise/deduce that the few Leupold naysayers and Leupold bashers amongst us, well they are just not succeeding in diminishing actual Rifle users from wanting/purchasing Leupold Rifle scopes!
I say long live Leupold & Stevens - a fine American Company!
I am still puzzled by the nefarious motivations of the few Leupold bashers?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Not a Basher here, I own a few. Your story is that you were able to sell them easily. That does not show market share or quality. It just shows people buy a name they know. I have bought a bunch of crap because it was a name I knew. I think we all can admit to that! I learned real fast with Vortex!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I would not dispute what others have posted as their experiences w Leupold. I can only relay my own personal assessment garnered over 30+ years of hunting with rifles and scopes. During those years and right up to today Leupold has proven its self to be a reliable and dependable scope. I appreciate their quality and value. Others can and will come to different conclusions.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I tend to form my own opinions, women, trucks, fish poles, color of my house, kinda shorts I like, binoculars, rifle actions, if I shave my cock n balls, when I take a shiit.... I’ll be go to hell if I’m gonna let some www dummy I’ve never met sway what scopes I run, especially when I’ve killed a hellava lot more critters than the vast majority of the bitchers with said scope... bend your flat bills, pull up your Sitka britches and quit worrying what others like... 🖕🏿🖕🏿🤙

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oooops, btw...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Now you've done it, Judman!

Jim
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I shoot over 5000 rds. of centerfire every year at P-dogs PERIOD. I have had and still have many different brands of scopes including all the high end Germans. I don't dial. with the amount of shooting I do my rangefinder Leica binocs and amount of rds fired under real world conditions I don't need to. Is there better glass YUP. Is there better dialing YUP (I don't care). For overall what I do Leupold flat gets it done Varmint hunter reticle 600 yds and IN. I'm not a wanna be sniper. I carry a 1911 45ACP ( was an A class IPSC shooter in the 80's and I'm never far from my AR)
1)rimfire 17 HMR don't count shots, Cooper JSR
2) 2 cz 527's 17 Hornets
3) cooper JVR 204R
4) 2 Remington XR100's 204R\
5) Cooper MTV 223R
6) Bergara HMR Pro 6MM Creed (Bushness 4.5x30 Tactical
The other 7, 6.5x20 LR with VHR
I live in very windy country and day in and day out I average over 80% kills.
I don't need any more than Leupold offers and if I did I would buy it. I think everyone should buy what they think works for them. I do.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just bought 4 scopes on here in the past 3 months. All were Leupolds. All discontinued.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I bought 2 in the last month both discontinued. My big game rifles all wear either 6x36 or 6x42 with LRD reticles including my calling coyote AR.

MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Most of my scopes are Leupold and they are not all good, for example I have a 3X9X40 vari X IIc made in 1991 that the glass is downright dreadful, the friction dials can be turned 180 degrees and the point of impact stays the same.........on the other hand most of my Leupolds are good to great. I bought several scopes in 2004-2006 that are VX-3 6.5X20X50 LR and 8.5X25X50 LR both models have the target turrets and track perfectly with no issues and very good glass. My issue with Leupold right now is WHAT ARE THEY DOING, I bought a VX-3i 4.5X14X40 30mm side focus 6 months ago (LOVE this scope), I went to buy another and it has been discontinued along with many other models. just yesterday I called Leupold to get a reticle changed in one of my scopes, was informed that the service department was for warranty only and that the custom shop was closed. I asked for how long......indefinitely, could be a few months or never open again. Future seems unclear.

Last edited by boatanchor; 02/27/20.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Judman
Oooops, btw...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I’m sorry but if it isn’t under water you’re not a REAL Pacific NW bada$$.

VG convinced me; I’ll be posting a Leupold up for sale today.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,132
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.