sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
found a fox story, all it said was northern california

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The Marxist democraps and the Propaganda Corps have been trying to crash the economy with false stories for some time now. The coronavirus gives them a tangible, but overblown crisis to work with to promote their narrative.

Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Wonder if the NBC crew that snuck outta ground zero (Wutang??) right as it was locked down. Routed through Korea??

Talk about liberal media putting the country at risk..

Think they went to a quarantine stop on the way back?

I have not hear any reports from "our crew held in a quarantine hospital"...

Hanco,

You are probably more likely to snap your ticker, or pop a brain bulb from listening to too much of the ridiculous left and mis-information spouted by the idiots in the "DNC parade of fools argue live on TV".

The a deep breath and paste their faces on your dartboard...
I kind of like you commentary..

OmotS

I think it was Wang Chung.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Possible, may, unknown

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've already had it. Kinda of a weak head cold. Never took a day off.

Y'all keep keeping on.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I think the Cali patient is being treated in Sacramento but was from a neighboring county. The person was found via the "public health system." Since they are supposed to only test those who have a suspicion to have been in an infected place or in contact with someone who was infected (and this guy was neither), then they should not have even confirmed he has COVID19.

Which all means the virus is loose and already circulating via community transmission.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Far more serious is Trump having shut down and closed most of the nations health and welfare facilities, laid off and fired some 50% of the scientist and professionals that worked in those fields, and cut by some 45% of the CDC's budget. To top that off, the person in charge of vetting potential new hires is a 23 year old college drop-out who worked temporally as one of Trumps election aids. His immediate supervisor or boss is a 29 year old new hire with no experience who also was one of Trumps election aids. There's no one left in the country's disease control with any experience and authority to do anything as to handling this possible pandemic.

Phil

So, is this more serious than having open borders, importing muzzy refugees who will live on our dime and releasing tens of thousands of illegal alien prisons early and back on to our streets?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who said something about delaying elections?
Liberal media (Blodget) talking about Plan B for election...

Plan B is just another plan to cheat the American People..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
no worse than the regular flu

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Who said something about delaying elections?
Liberal media (Blodget) talking about Plan B for election...

Plan B is just another plan to cheat the American People..

Or kill them.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Well, the death rate is between 10 and 100x worse than influenza. But other than that...no worries I suppose.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Musicianized
Doesnt say

From the link "Public health officials said the infected individual was a resident of Solano County, Calif., and was receiving medical care in Sacramento County, but they have not disclosed any other information to protect the patient’s privacy.

It is south of Sac and north of the true bay area. Travis AFB is in Solano County.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Well, the death rate is between 10 and 100x worse than influenza. But other than that...no worries I suppose.

On the very low end it is 100X as deadly as the regular flu. Which is still about a quarter of dome of the worst bugs to come along over the years. However, when the true numbers start coming in it may be much higher. When the cruise ship passengers start dying we will start getting a better idea.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

On the very low end it is 100X as deadly as the regular flu. Which is still about a quarter of dome of the worst bugs to come along over the years. However, when the true numbers start coming in it may be much higher. When the cruise ship passengers start dying we will start getting a better idea.

I’ve read reports of reinfections turning out to be lethal, let us not forget it killed the whistleblower AND the Head of the Wuhan hospital, mid-thirties and mid-fifties respectively, in what had the time to be second rounds of infection.

Time will tell.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

So, let me get this straight... Fox is bad and those bullshit sites are good?

I would hate to foot your hallucinogen bill!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

You're a much better member when you post dog threads.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Wait until the *real* numbers come out from China. I think they are still hedging.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...virus-has-been-confirmed-across-n1124546

There's a link to the latest map, updated yesterday. There are still 15 cases in the USA, not counting the ones brought directly from the ship and quarantined. This has stayed steady for days now with the exception of the case identified yesterday in northern California that the authorities claim to not know the origin of.

Who knows the veracity of all this, but there are no deaths here in the US, that I know of. The one case is troubling, but if it isn't politicized I would expect they will find out shortly how the person came to get the virus.

Lots of theories on the virus. I jumped in early with the statement that I thought Wuhan was a disguised bio weapons facility. It would not surprise me one bit if I was right. Like most things, if you are being lied to about one thing, it's difficult to believe anything from that source, so take the map and numbers however you want. That said, this is about the best info Joe Average can get.

Looking at it this way, it seems to confirm a "don't panic" approach to this, despite the media seemingly ignoring their own numbers and encouraging people to do the opposite. That's medically. I have no idea what to do about the financial/markets side of the thing and lost 401k monies, etc. Certainly anybody that wants to panic either financially or medically, should.

It's never a bad idea to have a good supply of food, ammo, medical supplies inclusive of prescription meds, ammo and some fuel. It's also a great idea to have your own personal island loaded with big-titted chicks and z weed, but...

Fooking flu is bad enough around here anyway. We'll see how all this plays out one way or another in the coming weeks and couple of months. Hopefully at worst the virus goes away during the warm months and gives the medical community a chance to get a vaccine or something ready to go. God help the Chinese. God help the Medical community.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

No....it's worse. I quoted this earlier. This is based on numbers reported by China...if you think those numbers are accurate:

Overall numbers to death:
Flu: ~0.1% death rate in past...this season only at 0.05%
COVID-19: ~2.9%....numbers broken down below

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

Death rate
So far this flu season, about 0.05% of people who caught the flu have died from the virus in the U.S., according to CDC data.

The death rate for COVID-19 appears to be higher than that of the flu.

In the study published Feb. 18 in the China CDC Weekly, researchers found a death rate from COVID-19 to be around 2.3% in mainland China. That's much higher than the death rate linked to flu, which is typically around 0.1% in the U.S., according to The New York Times.

Even so, the death rate for COVID-19 varied by location and an individual’s age, among other factors. For instance, in Hubei Province, the epicenter of the outbreak, the death rate reached 2.9%; in other provinces of China, that rate was just 0.4%. In addition, older adults have been hit the hardest. The death rate soars to 14.8% in those 80 and older; among those ages 70 to 79, the COVID-19 death rate in China seems to be about 8%; it’s 3.6% for those ages 60 to 69; 1.3% for 50 to 59; 0.4% for the age group 40 to 49; and just 0.2% for people ages 10 to 39. Nobody 9 and under has died of this coronavirus to date.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,819
Posts18,477,719
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.