Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm thinking about picking up a leftover '19 RAM 1500. Any of you gents currently driving one or already out of one? Interested in real life experiences - likely looking at Big Horn trim level, maybe the right Laramie. Don't think I trust the 5.7 Hemi w/ eTorque but I'll listen. Likes? Dislikes? Major failures? Seems like there were/are some electrical gremlins and some early transmission issues reported online but everything has problems on the interwebs.

Heres what I know that I know. Having test driven 3 I know they are smoother riding than a Tundra. I know the interior is more up to date than Tundras at any trim level including 1794s. I know that I don't fully trust Chrysler/Fiat. I KNOW that I can pick up a Tundra and be happy with it starting every morning and being trouble free for the next decade or more....

Disclaimer: I don't care what you drive outside of the RAM in question. I don't care what your stance is on foreign or domestic auto sales. I don't care to hear about GM, Ford, or other makes/models. I don't care about your philosophy on paying cash, leasing, financing, trade ins or driving a 14 year old schitt box cause Dave Ramsey said so. That is all.

Last edited by hillestadj; 02/26/20.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Disclaimer: I don't care what you drive outside of the RAM in question. I don't care what your stance is on foreign or domestic auto sales. I don't care to hear about GM, Ford, or other makes/models. I don't care about your philosophy on paying cash, leasing, financing, trade ins or driving a 14 year old schitt box cause Dave Ramsey said so. That is all.

Well this thread will only have one response.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Last gas Ram 3/4 ton I had was a solid pickup. It was a 2012 though. Put lots of miles on it. Trouble free.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a 2019 Laramie 1500 crew cab 4x4 with E Torque. Zero problems so far in a bit over 16,000 miles.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was off by only 2.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife has a 15 5.7, I had to drive it town last week and I’m still shaking off the ghay.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Son had a 2012 ( I think) and put 160K on it with zero issues.

He bought a new one last year, Bighorn, and has about 35K on it already. Zero issues.

Buy with confidence. Back-to-back Motor Trend truck of the year.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have a 18 -2500, love it!

Boy has a 2011 model 1500. Been great truck

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Know quite a few who run Rams in really nasty environments.
Tend to favor slightly wider tires than fords so the float over mud a bit more. Probably jeep influence (that's a good thing) Jeep has often been cited as the Crownj Jewel of D/F/ Chrysler..

How many did the build?
I always like to have salvage yards as a parts option..
I have seen plenty of 1500s in the yards.

4, now 5 hanco, you cant discount yerself...(some psychologist said that, or not)

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 02/26/20.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve owned 11 rams, still have 5 including 2 with 200,000 miles. I say do it.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a 2016 Ecodiesel, bought it new love it, just make sure you get the air ride system you will not regret it, best riding & driving truck I ever had

You CANNOT protect the Constitution without the 2nd Amendment.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My company truck is one. With the 5.7 it gets 20 mpg. I’m still not used to the dial shifter. Im glad it’s computer controlled. I once reached over to turn the volume down while driving down the freeway and grabbed that thing by mistake!

I use mine off-road a fair bit. Don’t let a bunch of mud accumulate around the transfer case or it wont shift properly. It won’t haul a lot of weight. I had 1600# in it going down the interstate and was in a cross-wind. This caused the truck to sway a bit and the damned thing started to alarm and applied the brakes automatically! I don’t care for that ‘safety feature’ one bit!

Overall, it’s been a solid truck though. No issues as long as you understand it’s limitations.

Good luck

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj
I'm thinking about picking up a leftover '19 RAM 1500. Any of you gents currently driving one or already out of one? Interested in real life experiences - likely looking at Big Horn trim level, maybe the right Laramie. Don't think I trust the 5.7 Hemi w/ eTorque but I'll listen. Likes? Dislikes? Major failures? Seems like there were/are some electrical gremlins and some early transmission issues reported online but everything has problems on the interwebs.

Heres what I know that I know. Having test driven 3 I know they are smoother riding than a Tundra. I know the interior is more up to date than Tundras at any trim level including 1794s. I know that I don't fully trust Chrysler/Fiat. I KNOW that I can pick up a Tundra and be happy with it starting every morning and being trouble free for the next decade or more....

Gonna pay cash or finance?

grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Had an 08 2500 hemi. Ran good for me, but broke the rear bolt in the passenger side exhaust manifold. Dealer said it could be real easy, or expensive to fix. Afraid more would break while removing the manifold, and common to drill into a water jacket when drilling out studs. Said just drive it, because I would probably have lifter trouble before it ate the head anyway. Great news. They put the heat shields on the manifolds and it cooks the bolts, is the reason I was given. That dealer says it is not uncommon on the hemis. They have treated me really right on everything for a while now, so if they are lying, I bet it’s not intentional. I got about ten mpg out of it doing the same drive my new cummins gets 20 mpg on. And it always downshifted to climb a hill. Pulling a trailer with it drove me nuts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got a 2016 1500 Ecodiesel. Love it. Drives and rides great. Great MPG. We will take it on road trips over the wife's Camary. Bought it new and now has 60K on it. A sensor and the cruise control button needed replaced early on and was covered by warranty. Other wise no problems.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I am your huckleberry. My daughter has the Bighorn 1500 2019 new model. She loves her truck and has about 10K on the vehicle. I have the 2019 Bighorn 1500 Classic with about 8K. I have been driving Dodge Rams for 3 different generations. Sold my 2007 Dodge Cummins to my next door neighbor for an insanely high $$$. Both of our 2019s have exceptional comfort and power. All of the high tech goodies are a plus too. My truck has been exceptional on MPG also. No mechanical problems for my Classic however my daughters has been back to the dealer for minor issues. Nicest driving truck I have ever owned. Only suggestion, opt for the 392 rear axel ratio as it provides for much better towing capacity. Didn't mention that mine is a 4 wheel drive.

Bill V

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Dodge makes good vehicles!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just traded a 2012 Ram Longhorn 4x4 which was the best vehicle I have ever owned, including Toyota, for a 2020 Ram Laramie with the air suspension. Incredible ride. New truck has the 3.92 rear and 4x4 of course. Very happy so far!

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
There was a time when I would have never bought a Dodge, but bought a gas model in 2000. Gave to boy in 2004, bought 2004 diesel( still have it), bought a 2018, love it.

Wifey has had a couple Durango’s, no problems with them either, boy bought a 2011, good truck too

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a 2018 1500 with the 345ci, with 56k and nary a problem.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.