Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's not just the Dow, corn, soybeans, both fat cattle, and feeder cattle have tanked.

Buckle up men, it looks like a bumpy ride.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If American companies hadn't sent all their manufacturing offshore, this wouldn't be an issue unless the bug reached here in epidemic proportions. Maybe this will turn out to be a needed wakeup call.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm glad our fat cattle are sold. Like Bug Bunny, "Not the first time this sort of thing has happened to me."

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

The market is global. With China essentially shut down, this is to be expected. Once the virus furor calms, and China reopens, things will rebound quickly. Figure it will settle soon, ride low through March and then start the climb back up. come fall it will be back to business as usual so won't be an issue for election season.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Big news here a few years ago......grain theft. Lot's of angles to the story, but here's what really happened.....one of the largest farming operations in the area, a family operation, had a druggie family member who loaded out several semi loads of grain at night, with the help of another man. Sold the grain, for about half of what it was worth, to a farmer in a neighboring county, who was also in the drug business.

When the story broke in the media, someone who was a very small part of the theft got the blame, as both guilty parties had enough clout to keep the names of the real culprits out of the news. The whole thing was finally swept under the drug by the head of the family who lost the grain, to make sure that his sisters druggie son didn't go to jail.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know, I feel this could all blow over once we decide that (hopefully), it's NOT going to wipe out civilization. Look at it this way, on the flip side, if I'm wrong, we'll have bigger fish to fry than the stock market, right?
I DO really feel that the media AND the Dems are hyping this for all it's worth, intentionally so to torpedo Trump, which I also feel it will NOT do.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I just looked, down another 900! Caty bar the door!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
When our markets crash, the world markets will follow.

Won't take many days at a 1000 points per day... whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
One bad day, I got so depressed I jumped out the window. As luck would have it, I was in the basement at the time. laugh

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
I see Dems who have tried everything to get rid of President Trump - and failed. The media is going hysterical over the DOW plunging and corona virus. Is it all just another attempt to take out the President? Personally, I think it is.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
This is a complete unknown. Virus is unknown and what it will do to the world markets when this closes borders and disrupts supply chains

Line up and make your bets. Fortunes will be made and lost. I am starting to get interested in stocks again now we are pulling away from the insane levels we were at.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by walt501
I see Dems who have tried everything to get rid of President Trump - and failed. The media is going hysterical over the DOW plunging and corona virus. Is it all just another attempt to take out the President? Personally, I think it is.

They never waste a good tragedy.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Short term, the worse it gets, the worse it gets.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Not everything is a conspiracy...sometimes schitt just happens.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All fiat dreams anyway

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

The market is global. With China essentially shut down, this is to be expected. Once the virus furor calms, and China reopens, things will rebound quickly. Figure it will settle soon, ride low through March and then start the climb back up. come fall it will be back to business as usual so won't be an issue for election season.

Spoke to my bud yesterday-he is a pretty big lumber exporter[primarily China].

His customers in China told him that factories in the furniture industry[near Wuhan] had started getting back up and running this week.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Not everything is a conspiracy...sometimes schitt just happens.

Then why is every democrat that can get a TV camera to video them, standing there pushing the panic and blaming Trump?

I don't see republicans doing that.

Must be a partisan crisis.... whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The NYSE needs a ten run rule like Little league baseball.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
All fiat dreams anyway

As real as the Real Coke taste of Diet Coke.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think generally in a correction, you see heavy selling, a dead cat bounce, more selling, panic and capitulation with a really big down day. I don't think we have even hit the dead cat bounce yet. But I'm not trader, and generally have done better in real estate than stocks. Right now I'm in a cash position, not sure what I will do next besides watch.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 160user, 22250rem, 43 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,709
Posts18,475,378
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.