Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
in my trade as a pole climber/ power lineman its was always cold beer here in Minnesota. in the older times, when i first started climbing 45 years ago cold beer was always around after 3pm . heck even the supervisor would have a cold case ready on Friday P.M. when we got in, then it was head to the local bar for one or 20 and the old saying was there is a pork chop in every beer.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
When I was a teen, I worked at a livestock sale barn. The guys in the hog barn would go across the tracks mid to late morning and buy a couple cases of beer. And they started on that right away. Non-stop all day long.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For me it's iced tea.....pretty good stuff.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Never have liked beer, started late in life occasionally putting whiskey in a coke. Mostly I drink water.

Kent

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I never liked beer. Drink one, piss four, can't possibly drink enough of it to get a good buzz. A good drink for ladies if they can stand the taste.

IC B2

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
looks like you guys missed a lot of fun and h-ll raised ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In the dim dark past, before the Air Force went PC, it wasn't the beverage, but the place. Every Friday evening, it was nearly mandatory to go to the Stag Bar, which was a males-only section of the Officers' Club. On many bases, that worked out to be the Pilots' Pit. It was raucous, crude, featured broken furniture from horseplay, and smelled of randy goats due to the elbow-to-elbow sea of sweaty flight suits. Any and all varieties of alcohol flowed like Niagara. Every left hand held a drink, and every right hand mimicked some impossible aircraft maneuver of the past week - "There I was, when suddenly..."

Gone. All gone. First, it was a quiet disapproval of drunken rowdiness, then an overt recommendation/near order to avoid drinking. That closed the Stag Bars, and that in turn bankrupted Officers' Clubs everywhere. Today's Air Force might as well be Baptist or Mormon. No drinking, no carousing, no horseplay, no bars.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
For the Dock builders it was beer for sure,always a cooler around.just make sure you gave the foreman some $ for your share.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by vapodog
For me it's iced tea.....pretty good stuff.

Me too. I dont drink alcohol. I drink iced tea almost every afternoon.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
In the dim dark past, before the Air Force went PC, it wasn't the beverage, but the place. Every Friday evening, it was nearly mandatory to go to the Stag Bar, which was a males-only section of the Officers' Club. On many bases, that worked out to be the Pilots' Pit. It was raucous, crude, featured broken furniture from horseplay, and smelled of randy goats due to the elbow-to-elbow sea of sweaty flight suits. Any and all varieties of alcohol flowed like Niagara. Every left hand held a drink, and every right hand mimicked some impossible aircraft maneuver of the past week - "There I was, when suddenly..."

Gone. All gone. First, it was a quiet disapproval of drunken rowdiness, then an overt recommendation/near order to avoid drinking. That closed the Stag Bars, and that in turn bankrupted Officers' Clubs everywhere. Today's Air Force might as well be Baptist or Mormon. No drinking, no carousing, no horseplay, no bars.

ya our watering hole went to h-ll too ,maybe for the best ? but did we have fun,sounds like you did too. i went on a ice fishin trip this winter and we went to the bar every nite for evening meal around 9 pm after about 4hrs. of beer and a couple of shots. this bar. these locals in this bar by the lake were just as fun as the old days in my old watering hole was,with lots of stories ! these guys all vote RED,shoot guns,hunt,fish, tell nasty jokes too and ya some naughty ladies in there too if you wanna take a chance ? myself i just bellied up to the bar enjoyed the stories with a cold Busch lite & couple shots of Jack!

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

even 35 years ago the O club was crap. the NCO club was better food and an ok time. the airmens club was where the fun happened on base. no O's, just us enlisted peons

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by pete53

just because one doesn't drink doesn't mean they can't have as much fun as the next folks... if you need alcohol that in itself is a problem.

I've had as much fun with and without...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rost495

just because one doesn't drink doesn't mean they can't have as much fun as the next folks... if you need alcohol that in itself is a problem.

> always one stick in the mud ,but we could use someone like you to drive us back home ? GRIN

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rost495

I was a designated driver at a large party once. I drank water while they drank alcohol. I guarantee you that I didn’t have as much fun as they did.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
a dear friend said this : if i feel good when i get up in the mourning and inside of my mouth doesn`t taste like crap, i must not have had much fun last night.

Last edited by pete53; 03/01/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Depended upon the company but mostly beer.

It is WI, the Brandy Old Fashioned is pretty popular as well.

I work in transportation.

Me

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
In the ‘70’s and early ‘80’s, the O-clubs at NAS Oceana and NAS Miramar each had a “flight suit bar” and would have strippers on Friday nights. Most squadrons would have a good representation. It wasn’t “mandatory” but most everybody would show up for at least a while.

Stripper night would come and go depending on who the base CO was. I know one occasion where the wife of the base CO wanted to know what all the noise coming from the back bar was all about. She stuck her head in, saw what was going on and that was the end of that....at least for a while😁

Then, the “Tailhook” debacle ended it for good. As Dean Wormer said, “No more fun of any kind!” 🤬

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
i live in the country but 6 miles north of me in a little town with a gas station and 2 bars one bar is a stripper`s bar ,all my neighbors have a few beers there,matter fact about once a year i have a beer or 2 there. all`s i can say these girls are sure kind fun to only talk too . GRIN

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

If you read about WW1 and WW2 fliers, many of them went on combat missions well hung over or even drunk.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Plumbers-pipe fitters drink beer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (afisher, arky65, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,445 guests, and 733 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.