Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

OK.. someone do me a heck of a favor and PM me on how to get a bottle of Blantons... Darn stuff is cleared off the shelves in an 1/2 hour of it arriving.

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I get one about every two months because I am on the list. They also have a big sale 1 time per year in the spring. Still its rough. You start drinking scotch, Japanese Whiskey and Irish Whiskey to make do.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There's plenty of good and available bourbons on the shelf. I won't buy allocated or over-priced (secondary mkt price), over-hyped whiskey. Instead, I buy quality and available bourbons like: Old Forester 1920, Old Forester 1910, Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Russell Reserve 10 yr or Single Barrel, Four Roses Single Barrel, Knob Creek Single Barrel, Bakers, 1792 Bottled in Bond or Single Barrel and Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof, all of which I prefer more than Blantons.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

OK.. someone do me a heck of a favor and PM me on how to get a bottle of Blantons... Darn stuff is cleared off the shelves in an 1/2 hour of it arriving.

Call the liquor stores and get on the lists. If they don’t have lists, figure out when they get their deliveries and call at that time or be there when they open that day. I’ve had good luck going in there and just talking with people who work there to become friendly with them and then eventually they’ll hold one for you.

Also doesn’t hurt to have a few of your friends keep an eye peeled for a bottle and buy it for you when they see it.

Between a buddy and I, I think we’ve gotten 4 bottles in the last month, or so.

We don’t sell anything on the secondary market, either. I hadn’t bought a bottle in years and it is my favorite bourbon, hands down. My brother told me about three months ago how hard it was to find, now, and I didn’t believe him. Once I saw he was right, we launched an all out assault on finding enough to stock up. I don’t drink it much now that I see how hard it is to get. Fortunately what I had on hand lasted me until now, and the ongoing effort to stock up should hold me over until their production catches up with the demand.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
A good friend brought me a bottle back from Japan last year,said there were pallets of it at the duty free.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
a lot of hoopla for warehouse H burbon... well at least no one is still telling the tale on how warehouse H burnt down to the ground and that's why its so hard to come by.. It was a member here talking about how he had this brother in law who would show up and drink his good liqour at get together. Said member went to Costco bought the 29.99 bottle of burbon dumped it in the fancy bottle and his mooching brother law never knew any different. I suspect a lot of folks wouldn't be able to tell the difference.. Oh man this is some great burbon, so smooth taste the vanilla, hint of cinnamon blah blah using an eye dropper to put 2-3 drops of distilled water in it.. Yeah bud that is 29.99 burbon from costco..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Wow! Im no burbon pro but that is one hell of a collection of fine burbon!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
a lot of hoopla for warehouse H burbon... well at least no one is still telling the tale on how warehouse H burnt down to the ground and that's why its so hard to come by.. It was a member here talking about how he had this brother in law who would show up and drink his good liqour at get together. Said member went to Costco bought the 29.99 bottle of burbon dumped it in the fancy bottle and his mooching brother law never knew any different. I suspect a lot of folks wouldn't be able to tell the difference.. Oh man this is some great burbon, so smooth taste the vanilla, hint of cinnamon blah blah using an eye dropper to put 2-3 drops of distilled water in it.. Yeah bud that is 29.99 burbon from costco..
lmao

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They bring a couple of cases out to sell at Buffalo Trace once or twice a week between 10am and 11:30. A side trip to Kentuck seems to be in your future... wink

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You need to make connections with some of your local liquor stores...pay visits frequently and always ask if they have Blantons most won't put it on the shelf it is kept in back for special customers.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
We have the same problem here in Florida with WL Wellers. All we ever get is the base model, the Reserve.

Sam......

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Stores around here don’t have a list that I have found so far, and they won’t call and tell you when it’s in.

Dvdgeorge... ok the was no need to rub salt in my wounds... if you need someone to house sit when you go hunting let me know smile

And Yes guys - it’s a good thread to say what is a better bottle than Blantons !!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You need to make connections with some of your local liquor stores...pay visits frequently and always ask if they have Blantons most won't put it on the shelf it is kept in back for special customers.
Are you a Bourbon man or is that just your collection of Bourbons with a like selection of Scotch and possibly Irish whiskeys someplace else?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stores around here don’t have a list that I have found so far, and they won’t call and tell you when it’s in.

Dvdgeorge... ok the was no need to rub salt in my wounds... if you need someone to house sit when you go hunting let me know smile

And Yes guys - it’s a good thread to say what is a better bottle than Blantons !!

http://www.lukasliquor.com/

If you have not been, I'd suggest this place. IME the selection is unparalleled.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Ethan,

That’s the store that I’ve been checking that they don’t have a list.

From what they told me if they do a list the distributor will cut them off.

But yes, Lukas is a great place....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ethan,

That’s the store that I’ve been checking that they don’t have a list.

From what they told me if they do a list the distributor will cut them off.

But yes, Lukas is a great place....
Best I've found. I'm sure there's some hole-in-the-wall that has what you want, but Lucas is the best I've found.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Go to Grand Cayman, I seen shelves of it there and in different proofs

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Are you a Bourbon man or is that just your collection of Bourbons with a like selection of Scotch and possibly Irish whiskeys someplace else?

I drink bourbon I don't collect it

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 54 invisible), 2,700 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,239
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.