Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I read the old Shooters board and was in the original exodus to this site. I lurked and didn't register for a while as I was cautious of putting my info out here on the web. So I've been here a while.

I don't care much for some of the personal drama some bring here-but I enjoy seeing other perspectives about issues. I don't use the ignore button, but I don't bother to read all the posts.

I'm still learning. I even learn stuff on this board.

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Do not quote the trolls. We have them blocked and do not want to see their posts.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The older I get the more I try and not let people raise my blood pressure. I would hate to stroke out due to some idiot cutting me off in traffic

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's the damn interweb. Embrace everyone, even "trolls". Live, learn, laugh. Don't take yourself or others too seriously.

If you don't like a thread, for crying out loud, just move on.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Don't suffer from insanity...........enjoy every second of it!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drat. I lost the post. It was a good one too.

I was one of the shooters.com refugees (Dec, 2002) . I guess that makes me one of the last of the first.

If I was to give that guy advice. . .

1) Trust your instincts. These are mostly normal people with normal motivations-- some a bit more so than others.

2) Be fearless. I was tentative at first. However, If I could form a question instead of making a statement, I found that I could swim with the biggest of the fish in the tank.

3) Golda Meir once said, "Don't be humble. You're not that important." There's truth there.

4) These are your crazy uncles. If you don't watch yourself, you might wake up in a ditch with a tattoo you can't explain, but for the most part these are the guys that you can ask the questions your Dad would not answer.

5) Don't be so quick to mount the Pillar of TrVth. I invented the Pillar of TrVth as a gift to Ken Howell and the campers at large about 2006. You could stand on it and make a pronouncement and if it was true, you'd get a little green light and a friendly chirping noise. If it was not absolute truth, a rather large lightning bolt would come down from the Heavens, and turn everything on the pedestal into plasma and pink mist. It still sits out in the lot behind the Campfire. Ken opined that no gunwriter would use it. I've only used it a few times. One of these days, we ought to get a volunteer to mow around it.

6) Don't get in a pig fight. Beyond the Pillar of TrVth is the pen where we used to let the gunwriters wrestle with swine. It used to be good fun. Ken used to find himself crawling in on a regular basis, but he never enjoyed it. Ken was always Top-of-the-Card, whenever he crawled through the fence. The pigs enjoyed it immensely, but the gunwriters decided they didn't want to go in there anymore. Whenever I get invited in, I wave my hand and evaporate into a swirl of smoke. Pooh, Piglet, Nosmo and I used to have a special place on the lawn for watching the pig wrestling. I miss it. Nowadays, the closest thing we have is when Paddler and his ilk put up a post. It's not nearly as fun. Watching the mental midgets wrestle is not as fun as the pigs. Even the pigs get bored watching it.

7) This IS the New Jerusalem. We've had 250 years to get it right. If God gave us this place to keep as our Paradise, this is what we've produced. Get used to it. The 'Campfire may be a cesspool or an asylum, but the inmates are the best we have to show for our efforts.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And if I may add, don’t pass up a chance to meet another member in person!

Sam......

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Only post if you've been here longer than me and have some advice to say. anything goes. If you were to look back at yourself when you joined here, what would you tell them? I suggest ignoring politics or selfies. just You.

I'd just ignore the azzholes...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
2004 for me.

I joined to meet chicks. That didn't work out. Instead, I have met some good people and enjoyed campfires, whiskey, piles of food, many, many, many laughs with them.

Last edited by tzone; 03/05/20.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2004 here

I have met probably 20 here and I’ve yet to met a bad one!

Well there’s Toby, and Mark and Ernie. and Al, Oh ya Bruce and Tim. hmmmmmmm.

Last edited by Whelenman; 03/05/20.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Only post if you've been here longer than me and have some advice to say. anything goes. If you were to look back at yourself when you joined here, what would you tell them? I suggest ignoring politics or selfies. just You.

Make it a habit of posting links that anyone with a computer could find for himself, if he wanted to.

You'll fit right in.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
An amazing cross section of America, 85% good, the rest, not so much.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've got to be amougest em'. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I joined to win hearts and minds.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Colorado1135: I have been "on here" 17+ years now and I have learned "A LOT" while here on.
I have also seen a lot of dippschidts" (no offense meant small twig!) come and go.
I say, separate the good from the bad and enjoy all of this forum that you can.
I have also personally met at least 12 (maybe fifteen?) CampFirers in person and interacted with them fishing, Big Game Hunting, sightseeing, looking for retirement homes, Varmint Hunting and gun trading!
These CampFirers came from varied places around our country and from varied professions including farmers, a judge, law enforcement types, military workers (one civilian military employee and one enlisted person) and civil service types.
Again, this is the key, separate the good from the bad (again no offense meant small twig!) and enjoy what you enjoy from this site.
I recently posted that I have shared "campfires" with HUNDREDS of people in my lifetime (72 years+) and have done so from Alaska through Canada and on down to Texas!
I have really enjoyed good, upbeat, intelligent, and fruitful (learn something!) conversations at these countless campfires.
But sadly at "this" Campfire the "conversations" so often turns to immature name calling and pointless/baseless attacks - including attacks on persons sexuality, intelligence etc.
Make NO mistake ONCE a CampFirer attacks me I now respond - often viciously and I will not "back off'!
I have NEVER, on this site or any other, personally attacked anyone - UNTIL they have attacked me, without reason or lied about me!
Then "it's" on - my withering rebuttals and counter-attacks have "ran-off" MANY ner'do wells from this site.
I say NO to your speculation that "ignoring" politics here around this (or any other!) CampFire will "make things better"!
Politics is a VERY important part of life these days and if you don't participate in the political discourse and political activities YOU will surrender yourself to living under the laws and politicians (and Judges!) that "others" have chosen for you.
CampFires, I have found, are excellent venues for espousing/defending ones political views and often learning things.
That is the essence of this CampFire in my estimation (learning/sharing).
Long live 24HourCampFire.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Don`t drink the koolaid.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Develop thick skin and don't believe. or react to. everything you read here. After all, it's just the "innerweb".

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Don't take these internet forums too seriously...........pretty fun to watch at times over the years!

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I got nuthin to say since you got here a month before me, but I know you and you are a whipper-snapper. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am only a month behind you.

Since joining, I became highly motivated to obtain a .270, which I did and have greatly enjoyed shooting it since, a real MAN'S gun without doubt. grin

Outshoots my Creedmore in every respect.

Last edited by jnyork; 03/05/20.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

473 members (1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,062
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.