Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Whole bunch more toyota Corollas sold, than Camaro ZL 1's.....

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Whole bunch more toyota Corollas sold, than Camaro ZL 1's.....

How's your old Yugo running? Did you install the lift kit yet?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No Yugo here, I buy American when possible...

think ford pinto.

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]

Last edited by huntsman22; 04/27/20.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That made me chuckle, I know a few folks who fit in that bracket.

Originally Posted by mathman

I bet there is a good correlation between those types and those who feel cartridges smaller than the '06 are marginal for deer.

Low speed, high drag
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You'd be surprised how many rifles are pawned at the end of hunting season and either paid off or replaced from pawnshop inventory a week or so before the next season.

,,,,,,,,,and those guys probably kill more and better deer than we do.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cdb

I have no data to back it up but the Vortex buyers as a group seemed less knowledgeable about optics than the people who bought other brands.

I'd buy that. Well, at least in the low and lower-mid ranges.
But most of those buyers are well-acquainted with the guarantee on the box and the big sticker for the back window.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I would never admit to owning a Ford Pinto.
My dad had a Western Field 3x9 on his 30/06 he bought it at Western Auto in the 70's. The deer he killed never knew they were killed by a low quality optic.
I remember as a young boy looking through Dad's scope and thinking how cool Dad's rifle was. And later at 18-19 years old I bought my first Leupold scope, compared it to Dad's scope. The new scope was so bright, Dad's scope looked like skim milk. But Dad shot (high expert) in the Marines, he was a good shot.
But we never knew how poor it was until we had something to compare it to.
Tasco, Simmons, Redfield, and many other low to average quality optics are used everyday. More than any other high end optic. The same people that but one box of green (Reminton)box ammo, and keep that same box for years firing only 1-2 rounds a year.

At some point my hobbies became my life.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Gotta be Bushnell at the $100 price point.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22
No Yugo here, I buy American when possible...

think ford pinto.

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]

A classic. You always had such good taste in cars and rifles.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by cdb

I have no data to back it up but the Vortex buyers as a group seemed less knowledgeable about optics than the people who bought other brands.

I'd buy that. Well, at least in the low and lower-mid ranges.
But most of those buyers are well-acquainted with the guarantee on the box and the big sticker for the back window.

Yep, got pulled over the other day, by a big ol' boy wearin Buford Pusser style aviators. I thought he was gonna write me up on account of all the Vortex and Realtree stickers blocking the back window, it's happened before. Turns out he just wanted to converse with a like-minded individual.

Is this country great or what?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ErichTheRed
I would never admit to owning a Ford Pinto.
My dad had a Western Field 3x9 on his 30/06 he bought it at Western Auto in the 70's. The deer he killed never knew they were killed by a low quality optic.
I remember as a young boy looking through Dad's scope and thinking how cool Dad's rifle was. And later at 18-19 years old I bought my first Leupold scope, compared it to Dad's scope. The new scope was so bright, Dad's scope looked like skim milk. But Dad shot (high expert) in the Marines, he was a good shot.
But we never knew how poor it was until we had something to compare it to.
Tasco, Simmons, Redfield, and many other low to average quality optics are used everyday. More than any other high end optic. The same people that but one box of green (Reminton)box ammo, and keep that same box for years firing only 1-2 rounds a year.

But you brought your argument full circle... a guy buying one green box every few years is not buying another rifle or scope. The median scope buyer is going to have more than a few scopes.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My first car was a copper colored 1974 Pinto hatchback that was my deer & waterfowl hunting vehicle too. The dealer gave me $500 on a trade-in sight unseen for a running vehicle when I bought a new truck in 1984. When I drove it on the lot & picked up the truck he looked at the pinto & said “we got screwed”.

The Bushnell Banner on my Ruger 7mm killed lots of deer until the reticle literally fell apart. The failure of the next cheapy in one year convinced me a Zeiss Conquest 3x9 was a good investment and I was right.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
In the last few years I've bought 2 Burris,1 Leupold, and 1 Sig Sauer riflescope. I don't know what sells the most to the masses, but I do know what sells to like minded individuals at a price point. If I could afford it, my list would only be a little different.,

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

436 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 45 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,193
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.