Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by JamesJr
But, but, but................it's just like the common cold, and not any worse than the flu.

At least that's what the fire experts on everything have been telling us.

Common cold and the flu kill old people in greater numbers than this has, particularly amongst the elderly and those already compromised.

Yeah, now. Give it a few weeks. It's many times more contagious, due to converting its victims into walking incubators and spreaders for up to two weeks before symptoms show, and 30 times more likely to kill its victims.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yeah, now. Give it a few weeks. It's many times more contagious, due to converting its victims into walking incubators and spreaders for up to two weeks before symptoms show, and 30 times more likely to kill its victims.

Exactly..Sitting here watching it spread from county to county east from the Seattle area towards Idaho...Each day it hits another county spreading out and that's just from the Seattle area...It is going to get way worse before it gets any better..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dutch
geez, gonna be quiet around here in a little while....

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My 102 yo mother lives with my sister about 50 miles from where WA's deaths have mainly occurred. They aren't freaking out. Mom's not a party goer any more so they don't go out much. They're just using common sense. I think most of the freaking out is the news media having a corona orgasm.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
If you’re a smoker (STOP), have COPD, asthma, immune compromised, you need to become a hermit, and bolt the doors closed. COVID-19 attaches your lungs, and reduces their capacity. If you have no “extra” capacity to fight COVID-19, no machine can help you or makeup for that.

If you’re overweight, you need to stop eating like a pig and immediately start a HFLC diet (lose weight), and start exercising to gain lung capacity, because you will need it when you get it…to survive.

Nursing homes/LTC facilities will have high deaths, because people there are already compromised, and their hygiene and infection rates are already poor in those places.

People with heart conditions, who can’t exercise to have sufficient lung capacity to fight with, need to limit travel in heavy trafficked areas. Go to stores at low capacity times, etc.

They need to shut all schools/colleges now, but they won’t. There’s nobody to care for the kids at home anyway, because the commies offshored middle class jobs and destroyed the value of the dollar, forcing both parents to now work, and single parent homes (50%) can’t just leave work to care for a sick child or teach the child at home, like they could 40-50 years ago when a man (1 income earner) could provide. Kids will get it at school, and spread it to the family (income earner).

Government will stay behind what they should be doing…to keep the stawk market up for the corporations, Oligarchs.

It won’t be as bad as China here, but we’ll feel the economic hit when the supply lines aren’t being filled 100%, and people not making purchases and the quarterly financials start to show it.

But I thought all we had to do to avoid it is sit down to crap? When did that change?

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That nursing home in WA has had 13 deaths so far. It's not a place where athletes go to heal sprained ankles. It's an acute care facility that normally has 6 or 8 deaths a month anyway. All of their patients are on their last legs and any bug is going to take them out.

― George Orwell

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by Dutch
geez, gonna be quiet around here in a little while....

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
FUQ!!! I am literally sitting here like this! I am the geezer in the room now,,,

I AM AMERICA!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Think some of these deaths worldwide mighta been sex travelers/tourist to asian countries???

Anybody think that some of the Countries in Asia might be sandbagging #,s or totally not reporting at all.

Wonder how many old dudes are stressing hard about Asian online brides and schitt and getting em here.

Last week I went out to the chinese buffet over by lowes on wilma rudolph blvd, seen a old dude had to be late 60,s early 70,s strolling in with a late teen or very early 20 something phillipine chick sporting a big ole wedding ring.

Kinda thought all what I just posted.

2 nights ago IIRC on Fox some quick blurb about 2 of the U.S.
Men in their late 60,s early 70,s
Recent travel to asia.
No mention of specific country.
Sex tourist maybe??????

Nawwwwww......
None of my speculations could apply in this post.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I think it is more serious than some here give it credit for but most likely not the Black Death of ancient time...Now we have an infected doctor back east ...It's not bias...I'm sure he took all precautions and still got it..

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The # of infections are waaaaaay more than what is known, taking onto acvount the time it takes for symptoms to show.
Many have probably had it, not even gone to a doc and just rode out what they thought was a bad cold.
All kinda dependant on a person,s health factors...

I will take a shot as soon as one is available.

Bout ready to cancel and push out my yearly VA blood work and check up tommorow to june or july.
Just so I dont have ta be around what the fugg ever floating around in the place.
And coughing,sneezing, hacking vets of all age groups that are always in the waiting area.

Yep,,,,,, I aint going tommorow, just made up my mind.....

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
It may be worse in June or July. You better get the blood drawn now since you could get the Corona next month and die before July. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
And on top of it all.
The "1st case" reported in Tn last week.
Returned from a recent trip Asia per the news.

How many people that muldoon been around.
How long before he decided to go see a Doc
How long was his incubation period before symptoms.

Are incubation and symptom time frames different based on good or bad health per individual.

Boy......

I dont think much of my fellow man on this planet at times.
And this covid 19 schitt sure in as fugg aint helping me with that train of thought much......

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A Connecticut community physician has tested positive for coronavirus, marking the second case connected to the state within a day.

The newest person who is infected is a community physician who made rounds at Bridgeport Hospital, according to Governor Ned Lamont.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JamesJr
But, but, but................it's just like the common cold, and not any worse than the flu.

At least that's what the fire experts on everything have been telling us.

The flu is 40 times more deadly for people over 65 then those ages 18 to 45.

About the same for Covid-19. In this respect yes, they are the same.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
It may be worse in June or July. You better get the blood drawn now since you could get the Corona next month and die before July. wink

Valid point for sure.
#,s and probabilities all increasing x fold with time.

Just gonna go tommorow in my Orange/brownish beach suit I geuss.....

They can draw blood thru the arm port....

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by renegade50
The # of infections are waaaaaay more than what is known, taking onto acvount the time it takes for symptoms to show.
Many have probably had it, not even gone to a doc and just rode out what they thought was a bad cold.
All kinda dependant on a person,s health factors...

I will take a shot as soon as one is available.

Bout ready to cancel and push out my yearly VA blood work and check up tommorow to june or july.
Just so I dont have ta be around what the fugg ever floating around in the place.
And coughing,sneezing, hacking vets of all age groups that are always in the waiting area.

Yep,,,,,, I aint going tommorow, just made up my mind.....

That's wise.

About 40% of the known COVID-19 cases in China were contracted in a hospital.

But that is the kicker. All we can count is known cases.

How many time have you had the flu?

How many times has a hospital done the genetic testing on you to "confirm" it?

A while back, the Chinese freaked out when they had two cases of COVID in the same apartment building with no known contact between the two patients. Of course this freaked everyone out, hypothesizing it was vectoring through the buildings water or sewer system. In reality, that just might be the rate of occurrence in the general population in that area.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Famine and pestilence are the traditional ways that the natural world uses to reduce over-population. The old and the sick are the primary victims, leaving a stronger gene pool to carry on. Pestilence might be a good thing for the longer term health of over-populated countries like China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, etc.

I don't know if COVID19 is actually much more dangerous than Influenza, but it is new and we've become accustom to the number of annual deaths from influenza.

The CDC has recommendations for minimizing your exposure risk at about any venue that you can think of on their site, www.cdc.gov.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boomer
Acute
Respiratory
Syndrome

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Gawdammed chinese....
Eating, butchering, handling anything that breathes, in fugging open air markets....

Just like the middle east open air markets.
All done in that one location.
Dumping the offal right their in the streets.

We was paying clean up crews during SASO schitt to clean up their markets , haul that schitt away out in the desert, blast the fugging markets at night with water trucks.
Improved alot, but as soon as Iraqi,s were put " in charge" schitt spiraled down hill again back to the same old pestilent diesese ridden market.

Primatoids cant figure out why they get sick.
Fuggings morons 150 yrs outta the stone age with oil .....

Fugg em.......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A guy from a small town here in so. Idaho about 12 miles from me was on the ship quarantined in Japan and then at Travis AFB. He never got it as Idaho still shows 0 cases. He's home and back to work in a grocery store that we shop at.

― George Orwell

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 79S, 19 invisible), 1,781 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,481
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.