Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
From Fox News:
Coronavirus Global Pandemic

"WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a press briefing today that the agency is "deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction” when he said the novel corona virus outbreak is a pandemic."

"...He said in the days and weeks ahead, they expect to see the number of cases and deaths "climb even higher," and expressed concern over the levels of "inaction" in some countries."

I won't be applying for any draw hunts out of state nor will I be traveling any time soon. I have cancelled my trip to Wyoming and my hunt in New Mexico this year.

Stock market will continue to tank too as we head towards another recession.

Not only that, but the death rate may be even higher in the U.S. : "CDC director says some coronavirus-related deaths have been found posthumously."

"Rep. Harley Rouda asked CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield if it’s possible that some flu patients may have been misdiagnosed and actually had coronavirus.

The doctor replied that “some cases have actually been diagnosed that way in the United States today.” "

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Helps my odds. Enjoy your couch.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

As most wildlife are hosts to numerous diseases that are transferred to ticks and mosquitoes...not too worried about contracting Coronavirus in the outdoors...

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by exbiologist

EXACTLY!!!

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by exbiologist

^^^^^^^ This!! Thanks for saving me a spot in WYO! ^^^^^^^^^

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Are you serious Clark?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Some thoughts-

Maybe my odds of drawing permits this year have just improved, if the Chicken Littles decide not to hunt and stay home.

I cannot think of a safer activity than driving to my hunt destination, and spending time in the outdoors away from human contact.

By the time hunting season rolls around, this virus will in all likelihood have run its course, and life will be returning to normal anyway.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yes, I will go elk hunting at the Colorado ranch this season!!

And looking forward to it!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
It's more a risk assessment: if you are over 50 yrs old, especially over 60 yrs old, you are at significantly higher risk of severe complications or death. Significantly higher risk vs influenza according to both the CDC and WHO. Exposure while in transit then maybe getting sick while out of state is also a factor for some.

Also, not everyone has great health insurance nor are hospitals equipped to handle this crisis.

Plus, for those of us that need to fly, there are already travel restrictions in effect, potential quarantines like those in New York and reduced flights.

The U.S. economy and oil prices are tanking. There will be major layoffs and JOB CUTS have already started in the travel and oil business. Some people work for a living and can't afford this risk nor uncertainty.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Haven’t even gave it a thought. Matter of fact after the ol old lady showed me round trip air fare to Hawaii last night I’m trying to figure out how to get the time off to roll back down there right directly!! 😂😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Just go out and knock down some dinner. It'll perk ya right up...

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm going moose hunting in Newfoundland. I figure I have a better chance of getting hit in the dome by a meteor than getting the COVID thing. Canadian Lefty has some sort of agenda with this subject. He's all over the raghead forum spreading the same "news" and prophecies. Take him with a grain of salt would be my advice.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
JGRaider,

I am in one of the outbreak clusters. It's not business as usual. My only agenda is to inform people of the reality of this situation and what might be coming down the pike.

See expert's stark warning about future of the virus: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/03/11/coronavirus-worse-sot-fauci-lead-vpx.cnn

And from FoxNews:

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'm going moose hunting in Newfoundland. I figure I have a better chance of getting hit in the dome by a meteor than getting the COVID thing. Canadian Lefty has some sort of agenda with this subject. He's all over the raghead forum spreading the same "news" and prophecies. Take him with a grain of salt would be my advice.

I'd think it would be ~the same likely hood as catching the flu? They're passed in about the same way. It does seem like COVID is transmitted by people before they have symptoms so that would make it a good bit more likely to be caught than the flu. ....at any rate, I think it's a little higher than the meteor chance....grin...

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll be hunting everywhere I usually do. Hadn't thought that some folks would be scared to leave their house, but hey more birds for me I guess.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I never gave it a thought !!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Birds hell, I'm thinking elk tags.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Most certainly everyone should cut back on their hunting this year, especially out of state....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Agreed, after more research, folks need to sit this year out for the welfare of mankind!! Montana and Idaho especially!!😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 16gage, 1234, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,430
Posts18,470,780
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.