-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve been on 4 flights a week since mid December through 10 different airports. So far so good...just got a small cough is all.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I would not. Would not fly, would not intentionally go where there are crowds.

I think it is almost certain I will get it. It's the nature of my community and my job. Equally almost as certain that I'll get over it. My expectations, which you can apply to travel, is that there's a pretty good chance of being quarantined somewhere. I would prefer that be my home with my books, my tv, my laptop, my reloading equipment, my food, my clothes ... etc ... rather than somewhere else without my stuff, living out of a suitcase, for weeks on end waiting "patiently" (not!) until they decide it is ok for me to go home.

Screw it, I'm staying home.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now, I love me some New Orleans as a destination and as someplace to stop over when traveling elsewhere. We stay off Bourbon Street, though.

That said, no way would I mingle about in NOLA until the Kung Flu is no longer a concern. NOLA is a bit of a pit with loose standards for those who live there and many folks coming in to get all sloppy drunk and whatnot, too. So, you have a sloppy local population with indifferent hygiene/cleanliness standards, visitors looking to be sloppy fools, and even sailors coming in to spend their pay. At the best of times NOLA is a human petri dish. About the only city worse would be San Francisco, the "Queen of the Pacific" with all its hygiene and behavior issues.

You don't need to go to NOLA to get stupid drunk and act the fool.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I never go on vacation where I have to mingle with people....not afraid of pandemics...just not a fan of crowds.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
In two weeks I have a vacation of debauchery planned in New Orleans - hotel in the quarter, planning on being on a 3 day drunk with my wife. I've had this planned for like 6 months.

how many of you would still go on this vacation given the current climate? - let me rephrase to eliminate all the New Orleans haters (I can't imagine there are any but whatever) - how many of you would still go on a vacation where you mingle with people?

I would save the travel and motel expenses and go on a 3-day drinking binge in the local sh! Hole closest to my present location...

Dave

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In two weeks I have a vacation of debauchery planned in New Orleans - hotel in the quarter, planning on being on a 3 day drunk with my wife. I've had this planned for like 6 months.

how many of you would still go on this vacation given the current climate? - let me rephrase to eliminate all the New Orleans haters (I can't imagine there are any but whatever) - how many of you would still go on a vacation where you mingle with people?

Drive,

Buy booze for three day drunk

Stay in Hotel room with wife for orgy.

have food from famous NOLA restaurants sent up to room by delivery service. Have them leave food outside door, slide payment under door.

Bring binocs and a sound amplifying antenna...............enjoy the sights and sounds of NOLA from balcony of hotel (get dressed in a robe at least for God's sake!)

Return to orgying!

Enjoy your trip.

Geno

PS, bring an empty suitcase, stock up with Hotel TP before you head home...........sell it at a tremendous profit if you're already stocked up with Charmin at home.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
if we go, we are driving, not flying and the hotel room does have a balcony onto the strip.

I don't know - I love New Orleans but whoever said its a human petri dish is right. maybe urine running down the streets kills the virus?

I just hate that we have been planning this for so long and I"ll probably lose about $600 on deposits and what not to boot, but you can't put a price on your health (although my insurance company does)

Right now I am on the fence. Common sense says cancel and live to drink another day. The wife has already said she is concerned. I think we're both waiting for each other to step up and be the responsible one - but I really like getting drunk with her in a party city. That opportunity doesn't present itself very often.

To make matters worse we have a 7 day cruise planned leaving Seattle at the start of June followed by a week long conference in Vegas the week after.. I suspect I won't be able to make a decision on that one, the government will make one for me.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/11/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
What's NOLA got that you can't find at the nearest neighborhood strip joint? Probably for less $.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
What's NOLA got that you can't find at the nearest neighborhood strip joint? Probably for less $.

there is nothing quite like New Orleans

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How old are you? That would determine it for me.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Truth^^^^^

FJB & FJT
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
How old are you? That would determine it for me.

early 50's so I'm not a carefree young'un

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An alternate plan:

Invite 100 black people into your home, and not the good middle class kind.

Put on some Dixieland and Louis Armstrong albums and drink fruity, red, overpriced weak drinks.

Everybody say "own-yown" and "layzay lay bon tom roolay" a lot.

Toss some beads at each other and have your wife flash her titties now and then.

It'll be just like New Orleans.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We are supposed to go an Alaska cruise in early May. Damn wifey doesn’t think there is anything to worry about.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
An alternate plan:

Invite 100 black people into your home, and not the good middle class kind.

Put on some Dixieland and Louis Armstrong albums and drink fruity, red, overpriced weak drinks.

Everybody say "own-yown" and "layzay lay bon tom roolay" a lot.

Toss some beads at each other and have your wife flash her titties now and then.

It'll be just like New Orleans.

close

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

No one does voodoo like they do. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
I never go on vacation where I have to mingle with people....not afraid of pandemics...just not a fan of crowds.

Come on out! wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The crowds died off...both of them.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hanco
We are supposed to go an Alaska cruise in early May. Damn wifey doesn’t think there is anything to worry about.

Is wifey in her thirties and you in your sixties with a million $ life insurance policy?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD

No one does voodoo like they do. wink

The Dixie Blackened kind?

Maybe voodoo can cure the virus.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Flying isn't the issue, it's the tight crowds in NOLA.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

302 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 24 invisible), 1,879 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,837
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.