Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
6 months lead time is pretty good for me

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Just teasing you some.

I haven't been able to afford TV for two years....................enjoy your expensive hangover.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
European river cruise

Isn’t “over 60” the sole demographic that takes cruises?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I would go.

If one uses their head it should still be fun.

Might make sure that the drinks are over 70 proof just in case. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I would go. This virus isn't a death sentence any more than the more common flu going around, it appears.

I for one won't live in a bubble. Just use your head.

The virus isn't a death sentence. Until it is. Then it's too late.
I would NOT travel unless it was necessary.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I would go. This virus isn't a death sentence any more than the more common flu going around, it appears.

I for one won't live in a bubble. Just use your head.

Depends on the demographic. Above 80 years old the statistics suggest the mortality rate for COVID -19 may be as high as 15%.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It's more a risk assessment: if you are over 50 yrs old, especially over 60 yrs old, you are at significantly higher risk of severe complications or death. Significantly higher risk vs influenza according to both the CDC and WHO. Exposure while in transit then maybe getting sick while out of state is also a factor for some.

Also, not everyone has great health insurance nor are hospitals equipped to handle this crisis.

Plus, for those of us that need to fly, there are already travel restrictions in effect, potential quarantines like those in New York and reduced flights.

The U.S. economy and oil prices are tanking. There will be major layoffs and JOB CUTS have already started in the travel and oil business. Some people work for a living and can't afford this risk nor uncertainty.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
It's more a risk assessment: if you are over 50 yrs old, especially over 60 yrs old, you are at significantly higher risk of severe complications or death. Significantly higher risk vs influenza according to both the CDC and WHO. Exposure while in transit then maybe getting sick while out of state is also a factor for some.

Also, not everyone has great health insurance nor are hospitals equipped to handle this crisis.

Plus, for those of us that need to fly, there are already travel restrictions in effect, potential quarantines like those in New York and reduced flights.

The U.S. economy and oil prices are tanking. There will be major layoffs and JOB CUTS have already started in the travel and oil business. Some people work for a living and can't afford this risk nor uncertainty.

Don't believe the economy in the US is tanking taking a hit yes but temporary. Only a complete idiot would sell stocks now wait it out soon as weather warms up so will markets again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yesterday the governor announced the first 'presumptive' case of corona. Has to be verified by the Disease Control Center to be sure. I'd see what happens in the next 2 weeks and then make my decision. No airplanes, though.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
KFWA: I would put that particular venture, to that particular city, at this particular time, ON HOLD!
Next year - maybe?
Best of luck whichever way you roll (fall down drunk?).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
yea I don't think I'm going after watching that Rogan video

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I love New Orleans. It is an international city with visitors from around the world.
Two weeks from now is make or break time for the Chink virus, it will either have exploded by then, which I doubt, or it will be receding.

I would call off the trip New Orleans will be there 6 months from now.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by KFWA
In two weeks I have a vacation of debauchery planned in New Orleans - hotel in the quarter, planning on being on a 3 day drunk with my wife. I've had this planned for like 6 months.

how many of you would still go on this vacation given the current climate? - let me rephrase to eliminate all the New Orleans haters (I can't imagine there are any but whatever) - how many of you would still go on a vacation where you mingle with people?

I would go. I have been exposed to much worst and I am still above ground! Are you healthy, if so I see zero reason to cancel your trip. I am not a fan of New Orleans, but love the real Louisiana.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just talked to a good friend waiting to get on a ship in Florida, been there three days, ship they're supposed to be on is not been allowed to port. They think someone on the ship has the corona. They cancelled the cruise and flying back to Utah tomorrow. So no I would not go myself!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nope, wouldn't go.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
you want to be sick as schit in new orleans?

ya me either

My diploma is a DD214
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The only time I mingle with a group of people is when there is some rifle shooting involved. I just spent a month with the burros in Nevada (actually saw more antelope and horses than burros). I passed on the offer of an evening in LV (told my wife I would just as soon have my teeth pulled) I hate air travel anymore and would rather drive for four days than fly for one. Bottom line? I wouldn't be too anxious to visit New Orleans. That's just me though. GD.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
No fuggin way would I go. If I didn't have to go to work, I wouldn't leave my property till this thing blows over. In fact, I'm thinking about calling my boss and telling him " I'll see you when this shyt has run it's course, if we're both still alive".

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm in the planning stages of hosting a shoot for 50-something people from all over the country, and possibly a couple of folks from halfway around the world, over Memorial Day weekend- - - -the 16th year in a row for that little get-together. I hope this foolish panic is a bad memory by then.

I really lived dangerously today- - - - -pushed a shopping cart around Wal-Mart and didn't use a disinfectant wipe on the handle! I'll be 74 in a couiple of months- - - -do you think maybe I've got a death wish?
LOL!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d still go.

Don’t he French kissing strangers or illegals.

The booze will keep you coronta free

I plan on going in July.

By the only the strong will be left. P

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.