Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Just curious since I had never heard about them before, if there's any love for Rudolph scopes?

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I think the name is a giveaway.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Never seen one.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have a varmint 2.5-15x50. I like it a lot but it was my first foray past $200-300 type nikons so I’m not exactly the most authoritative scope reviewer. Was a big fan of the reticle hunting with it this year and it has hit steel fine dialing out to 700, but I’m not running any checks to see how accurately the dials are turning or anything like that. Complaints are that it is a heavy SOB and the illumination knob is super stiff.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Is the company in South Africa? Where are the scopes made?

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Doug, have you ever seen this line of scopes?

AKA The P-Man smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
Is the company in South Africa? Where are the scopes made?

North Pole

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Japan I believe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

As a matter of fact, yes. I looked at them at this past SHOT Show.
They looked pretty good and I called a buddy of mine who was from South Africa and who was very familiar and said that they are good quality, made in Japan scopes. The company has been around a little while and according to my buddy they're good guys.

I was going to sit down with them but after discussing it internally we decided that another "me too" product was uncalled for. They have no office here in the USA and I felt that offering quality service after an initial sale would be near impossible. If this changes perhaps we will revisit with Rudolf Optics

There's many brands available. Many more than manufacturers. No reason to just bring in another brand offering the same product with a different logo.
Side note:
Around the time of SHOT someone (I forget who) posted here in the 'fire "All you need these days to start an optics company is a suitcase full of cash and a plane ticket to China" and this I felt was extremely true and made great sense. Sooooo many companies and a warranty means nothing if the company is gone in a couple of years.
Anyway.....
IMO, retailers that offer every brand under the sun just want to sell all they can and when a customer has an issue they're told to contact the brand of the product as they have no relationship with anyone at that brand and some of these brands have no USA presence.
We have been around since 1957. No, we are not the biggest retailer out there. Yes, we lose a few sales on brands we choose not to carry. We work with quality brands that have good product lines and we develop a relationship with the people from these brands so we can offer customer service to those who buy from us and those who bought a brand we carry elsewhere that need assistance. Pop always said "The only difference between us and them is us. Product makes nobody special. It's all about customer service and product knowledge". We live by Pop's guidance.

The guys at Rudolf Optics were very down to earth and perhaps in time we will carry their products. In order to be able to service our customers after purchase they need to develop a strong USA infrastructure or after purchase issues will not be issues but problems.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

As a matter of fact, yes. I looked at them at this past SHOT Show.
They looked pretty good and I called a buddy of mine who was from South Africa and who was very familiar and said that they are good quality, made in Japan scopes. The company has been around a little while and according to my buddy they're good guys.

I was going to sit down with them but after discussing it internally we decided that another "me too" product was uncalled for. They have no office here in the USA and I felt that offering quality service after an initial sale would be near impossible. If this changes perhaps we will revisit with Rudolf Optics

There's many brands available. Many more than manufacturers. No reason to just bring in another brand offering the same product with a different logo.
Side note:
Around the time of SHOT someone (I forget who) posted here in the 'fire "All you need these days to start an optics company is a suitcase full of cash and a plane ticket to China" and this I felt was extremely true and made great sense. Sooooo many companies and a warranty means nothing if the company is gone in a couple of years.
Anyway.....
IMO, retailers that offer every brand under the sun just want to sell all they can and when a customer has an issue they're told to contact the brand of the product as they have no relationship with anyone at that brand and some of these brands have no USA presence.
We have been around since 1957. No, we are not the biggest retailer out there. Yes, we lose a few sales on brands we choose not to carry. We work with quality brands that have good product lines and we develop a relationship with the people from these brands so we can offer customer service to those who buy from us and those who bought a brand we carry elsewhere that need assistance. Pop always said "The only difference between us and them is us. Product makes nobody special. It's all about customer service and product knowledge". We live by Pop's guidance.

The guys at Rudolf Optics were very down to earth and perhaps in time we will carry their products. In order to be able to service our customers after purchase they need to develop a strong USA infrastructure or after purchase issues will not be issues but problems.

A well reasoned and objective reply which puts into perspective some of the silly and uninformed comments in this thread.
As you say, just because they are an unfamiliar brand does not mean that they are inferior in some way. Also as you say, a brand must offer service and continuity as well as some sort of comparative advantage for you to stock them - and good on you for this. Rudolph receive good reviews outside of the USA and maybe one day they will meet the criteria that you have set. I wish them well.

Last edited by NZSika; 03/09/20.
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I looked at Rudolph scopes briefly a few years ago, but the guy who was running the show in the US did not jive, to put it mildly. He went bipolar at a mere mention of criticism. To be fair he probably thought I was a psychopath too, so I sent his scope back without doing a thorough review. Never paid any attention to them afterwards.

ILya

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Thanks all - I appreciate it.

Doug, as always you're a class act.

Dark Lord, do you have any new reviews coming up?

AKA The P-Man smile

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you like the Rudolph scopes and you live in the US, just buy a Sightron SIII, same scope.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks all - I appreciate it.

Doug, as always you're a class act.

Dark Lord, do you have any new reviews coming up?

I have a bunch of stuff in the works, but nothing related to Rudolph.

ILya

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,472,005
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.