Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Not following how that would apply to general industry.

Link to the standard?

Originally Posted by tedthorn
Testing positive is now an OSHA recordable incident.

You can not report to work after a positive and must have medical documentation to return to the job.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Only if you can show (prove) you were exposed at work.

I'm not sure many could do that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Texczech
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Originally Posted by mirage243
Am I the only one that believes that the government can't tell me I gotta stay in my house? Who buys into this bullsheit?

Tell a nurse you're not going to take a Gamma Globulin shot after being in contact with someone who has Hepatitis A. See how far that will get you!

When I found out what was gonna happen, I took the shot.

Randy how bad did the shot hurt and affecte you. I had a friend working offshore oil rigs that had to take one because someone came on board infected with something. Nurse had to be flown in and everyone got a shot. He said it was crying type of pain and about 24 hour was sick as a dog.

I had really bad bronchitis in High School, or maybe it was something else. I had to get two BIG shots of GG, one in each cheek. I don't remember much pain, all I know is ti felt "thick" going in and I came to on the floor, having passed out after the second one started being injected. All I can say............it weren't no fun.

Our family nurse had me lay on the table for injections after that.

Geno

I hope I never have to have one.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SLM

Link to the standard?

You can not report to work after a positive and must have medical documentation to return to the job.

If you want to read it look it up.....

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So m1 garand for shooting corona zombies in the head? Or AR15?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People are wimps nowadays. AR-15 should work just fine..lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

Only if you can show (prove) you were exposed at work.

I'm not sure many could do that.

I can't speak for that but we had a plant wide meeting yesterday with our OSHA corporate middleman in attendance.

The statement above was in more length but we were informed that if we tested positive we would be legally bound to report to HR and that they would then make a OSHA report as to potential or "near miss"

The near miss paperwork is pretty new stuff to me. Anything in our plant short of an incident can fall into the near miss catagory

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SLM

Link to the standard?

I found this on OSHA's web page, it says the illness would be recordable if it was "the result of performing your work-related duties."

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/standards.html

So if you got infected from a co-worker sitting next to you, it wouldn't apply. Sounds like it's meant for people in the health care and other industries that get infected because of doing their job.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SLM

Link to the standard?

I found this on OSHA's web page, it says the illness would be recordable if it was "the result of performing your work-related duties."

So if you got infected from a co-worker sitting next to you, it wouldn't apply. Sounds like it's meant for people in the health care and other industries that get infected because of doing their job.

We are definetly not in the health care industry and our managers couldn't care less about OSHA one way or another. This was handed down from our corporate HQ in a letter from our company president.

I could copy the letter to this thread but would be breaking a direct employee handbook code.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SLM

Link to the standard?

We are definetly not in the health care industry and our managers couldn't care less about OSHA one way or another. This was handed down from our corporate HQ in a letter from our company president.

I could copy the letter to this thread but would be breaking a direct employee handbook code.

Do it . . . . .show em who's really the boss. 😂😂😂

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Am I the only one that believes that the government can't tell me I gotta stay in my house? Who buys into this bullsheit?

Test positive for COVID-19, and go a head and test your hypothesis, and report back from prison regarding how that worked out for you.

I've always felt that letting the kids go to school with a cold/flu is grounds for corporal punishment.

For the parents.

B I N G O !!!

A sense of responsibility by adults is something from the past. It's all about "me" now and my convenience.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Agree, it could be a recordable for a medical provider or first responder under some situations.

Not disputing what ted’ was told, but a virus is not a recordable in general or construction standards.

If it ever becomes a recordable, people’s modifiers would go through the roof and people would go bankrupt paying worker’s compensation.

Originally Posted by SLM

Link to the standard?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin
We are going to a 5k fun run this morning. (My whole family). Social distancing will be in place. Staggered starts. I am fine with that. I just need to try to keep up with my 6 y/o daughter. Kid runs a fast mile pace.

Didn’t volunteer at the Alamo today, but I’m told that now is reenactors gotta stay within a roped off area, no photos with visitors, and if we draw a crowd of 15 or more at any given time we gotta stop and have them go along their way.

Heck, I usually draw a crowd of about 50, and talk for an hour.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Tell a nurse you're not going to take a Gamma Globulin shot after being in contact with someone who has Hepatitis A. See how far that will get you!

Randy how bad did the shot hurt and affecte you. I had a friend working offshore oil rigs that had to take one because someone came on board infected with something. Nurse had to be flown in and everyone got a shot. He said it was crying type of pain and about 24 hour was sick as a dog.

I had really bad bronchitis in High School, or maybe it was something else. I had to get two BIG shots of GG, one in each cheek. I don't remember much pain, all I know is ti felt "thick" going in and I came to on the floor, having passed out after the second one started being injected. All I can say............it weren't no fun.

Geno

5cc of hepatitis horse serum in the buttock of your choice every three months when I was in Africa, four times a year x three years = twelve times.

Only side effect I ever heard of was a sore buttock, we all had to do it and it wasn’t dreaded or anything, never heard of anyone passing out. But most of us were in our twenties. Coming in from the sticks to the capital to get it done we’re occasions for some epic drinking bouts tho 😎

In the actual event it prob’ly helped that you couldn’t see 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Geno

5cc of hepatitis horse serum in the buttock of your choice every three months when I was in Africa, four times a year x three years = twelve times.

Only side effect I ever heard of was a sore buttock, we all had to do it and it wasn’t dreaded or anything, never heard of anyone passing out. But most of us were in our twenties. Coming in from the sticks to the capital to get it done we’re occasions for some epic drinking bouts tho 😎

Heck birdie,

I was just going to tell him "you're a big boy now, right?"

Geno

PS a shot in one buttock and I'd have been fine..............it was the second one that got me. And I remember to this day that it felt like they were injecting me with 90wt or such.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Geno

Heck birdie,

I was just going to tell him "you're a big boy now, right?"

Geno

PS a shot in one buttock and I'd have been fine..............it was the second one that got me. And I remember to this day that it felt like they were injecting me with 90wt or such.

Geno, I like the way you tell a story.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But you can still go to a school dance, skating rink.

Military barracks for some, nothing for others.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Geno

i figured you liked it in the butt 😃

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What a bunch of horse sheit

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Test positive for COVID-19, and go a head and test your hypothesis, and report back from prison regarding how that worked out for you.

I've always felt that letting the kids go to school with a cold/flu is grounds for corporal punishment.

For the parents.

B I N G O !!!

A sense of responsibility by adults is something from the past. It's all about "me" now and my convenience.

Damned right. ME needs several things to come together to get home this week. Traveling from windswept BFE through the Seattle Hotspot. Just say no to quarantine!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10Glocks, 338reddog, 375sunrise, 35, 35WhelenNut, 264mag, 15 invisible), 924 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,894
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.