-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I work in the Vision Center at the Walmart in Baxter, Mn. It's been a zoo over on the food side of the store. Panic shopping is definitely in full swing here. All paper products are wiped out. Canned goods, rice, pasta, frozen foods, especially pizza are going very fast. First aide supplies, and fresh meats are getting shopped hard. I'm getting a kick out of the comments I'm hearing here and elsewhere. Stuff like we're purposely withholding toilet paper to increase sales? Ain't happening. Everyone likes to diss Walmart until they need something, and God forbid we don't have it (neither do a lot of other places) but somehow that's still our fault. Someone actually stated on another thread here that Walmart's using facial recognition hardware to profile their customers. We have good security cameras, but none of this facial recognition technology. It would just get in the way of all the fingerprint readers hidden at the checkouts................

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hey Gopher—how’s the supply of Lil Debbie Cakes? I only get to Walmart in T-Bay about every other month but they got the best prices. I’m gonna be bummed if I drive all the way up there and Walmart is outta Lil Debbie Cakes. “Bout all I can think I might need.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I always shop Sunday mornings because I can't stand crowds. Just got back from my weekly trip. So much for avoiding crowds, LOL! I have never seen the store packed like that first thing on a Sunday morning. The store employees were frazzled and there were pallets of water and some other things sitting in the aisles, they weren't bothering to unload them and were just replacing the pallets as they were emptied. All stuff that came in on trucks overnight. TP was gone. I wasn't looking to hoard any, just the usual pack we buy with our weekly groceries. Unreal. Anyone who doesn't own a gun should look at the panic and be just a bit frightened when they realize what a real panic would look like in the event of a catastrophe. This will look tame.
On the plus side, the Gluten Free section was almost full of goods. Wife and daughter have celiac so much of what we buy is in that section. I can tell you now when the world ends, the Gluten free stuff will be the last to disappear. Ha!

Last edited by jdunham; 03/15/20.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yeah, I gotta go get some RX’s for wifey today. She knows just how much I enjoy being a hermit. She stretches Rx’s out so I have to go. She does this schidt on purpose.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Kaywoodie, About 3 weeks ago I went to town to get my med's, usually get 3 month's at a trip but they had double filled my order, told the girl, I woulds take it, 6 months supply, now I'm glad I did. hope this chitt storm is over by the time I run out again, give Streph , a big HUGG, from an old man down south.

Rio7

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Store opens at 6

I'm going early to see if there is anything left

I am one of those preppers folks usually laugh at. I don’t need to go to the store. 😜

Sam......

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by RIO7
Kaywoodie, About 3 weeks ago I went to town to get my med's, usually get 3 month's at a trip but they had double filled my order, told the girl, I woulds take it, 6 months supply, now I'm glad I did. hope this chitt storm is over by the time I run out again, give Streph , a big HUGG, from an old man down south.

Rio7

Will do Rio. Glad to hear from you!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RIO7

Rio7

Over 90% of America's drugs come from China. We had better bring drug manufacturing back to America or the Chinks will have us by the short hairs. I guess they do already.

J
JJF Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I went to local WM this morning at 0600 hours. There were not many folks there but no TP or paper towels. Oh well, they had plenty of napkins, kleenex tissue and some sanitary wipes. If this goes on long enough, I'll have to get leaves from the woods behind the house. There were no loaves of bread but they did have fresh baked rolls and buns. All in all it was fairly well stocked. There is also another Super WM about 5 miles further than the WM just down the street. So, no complaints here.

My wife was talking to one of her friends yesterday, who had gone to a WM and, when 8 bottles of sanitizing hand lotion were put on the shelf, a couple had immediately taken all of them. The wife's husband asked them if they could leave some for others, so they left 1 bottle. Instances like this make me wish there was an allowance of rounds for taking care of people like this. This would be in addition to the rounds allowed for "rubber-necker" drivers on the major highways.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The wife browses a couple of fo Bookface groups in the medium-sized city about 200 miles away. Apparently people were posting up that they can't find meat in nearby stores and were asking where to find some. Is it really that nuts?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The panic buying should level off as the idiots start to realize they have enough and stores place purchase limits on high demand items.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
The wife browses a couple of fo Bookface groups in the medium-sized city about 200 miles away. Apparently people were posting up that they can't find meat in nearby stores and were asking where to find some. Is it really that nuts?

Yep

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Hey Gopher—how’s the supply of Lil Debbie Cakes? I only get to Walmart in T-Bay about every other month but they got the best prices. I’m gonna be bummed if I drive all the way up there and Walmart is outta Lil Debbie Cakes. “Bout all I can think I might need.

Jeez, I have no idea! I don't eat that stuff any more so haven't been paying any attention to it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Around here, it's just the early bird that gets to buy the fresh garlic.

No one gets to buy beans. Or white rice, with rare exception. Just this morning I passed on purchasing a 20 pound bag of white rice, as three weeks ago I bought two 15 pound bags of brown rice on sale cheap. I actually prefer the taste of brown rice, but apparently I'm the only one - still lots of it on shelves here. But that white rice - man, I bet I could trade it for a couple bricks of .22 LR in a week or so. 20 pounds of white rice might even get me a roll of TP.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

No one gets to buy beans. Or white rice, with rare exception. Just this morning I passed on purchasing a 20 pound bag of white rice, as three weeks ago I bought two 15 pound bags of brown rice on sale cheap. I actually prefer the taste of brown rice, but apparently I'm the only one - still lots of it on shelves here. But that white rice - man, I bet I could trade it for a couple bricks of .22 LR in a week or so. 20 pounds of white rice might even get me a roll of TP.

Scott,

there any Diet Coke on the shelves there?

If so, you might want to grab a few dozen cases.

When the panic buying on that stuff hits, those diet soda addicts will pay big for anything you have.

They might even cough up (excuse the saying in these times) some uncut hand sanitzer!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Store opens at 6

So, Ted, how'd it go at the store? Or are you still there?

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gasman
Store opens at 6

So, Ted, how'd it go at the store? Or are you still there?

I filled my list easily with the only omission being TP

I will say others that didn't rise early would no doubt be sol

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Bullets & beans.....well stocked a looong ago...
I did endure the raging hoard @ grocery to get a corned beef brisket & 3 bags of redskins..and s case of Labatt..

No rice of any sort on shelves...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I went to a couple of stores over the weekend and found everything I was looking for. And that's not easy since I've been eating Keto.

The one thing I had to come back for was bottled water. I like Aldi's bottled purified water. It's the no-taste taste I prefer. Very cheap, too!

So on Saturday I stopped in on my way for stuff out at Whole Foods for the water and they were out. I stopped and asked the security guard if they would be getting any more water, and he told me Aldi's were rationing many things including water. He told me to come back early the next morning, which I did, and got my water.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Stores here were loaded with TP first thing this morning. Only things I could see that were depleted was milk and eggs. I bought a bunch of 80/20 burger at $3.89 lb, assorted pork chops for $2.69 lb, and sliced deli roast beef for $5.99 lb. Been a vacuum sealing MOFO this morning!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 40 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,125
Posts18,483,808
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.