Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They just announced a two week closure of my YMCA gym.

1: 2 weeks isn’t of any significance in slowing this down.

2: No one in a high risk category are forced to go there.

3: Gun clubs should close down to all the old farts that won’t sign a release until this is over. (It is with us now forever. )See how that goes over.

Last edited by battue; 03/16/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch

The Diamond Princess is still the best we have as far as an indication of mortality.
696 people infected, everyone tested, 7 dead so far,and 321 still active. So, 1% so far.

cruise ships often have a higher proportion of older folk, (some are like a bingo crowd or retirement village afloat)
who have various pre-existing medical conditions, on an array of immunosuppressant medications
and/or sufferers of obesity,smokers, drinkers, ...,..

so how much that 1% reflects general society is highly debatable.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The bottom line is, every man woman and child in this nation WILL get this virus in the next six to eight months. There is no way around that. It is that contagious.

Some who get it will be asymptomatic, but contagious. Some will be contagious for two weeks before becoming symptomatic. And for some, symptoms will lead to death.

None of the "social distancing" measures we are being asked to abide by will stop the progression of this disease. But these measure can slow it down and help our medical community handle it in a more efficacious manner.

But it is all for naught if 25% of the population is too stubborn, proud, or (should I say it, yes) stupid to abide by .Gov requests.

Okay, it might cost some of us a paycheck or two. Some of us might have to stay home and actually raise our own little juvenile virus incubators. The stock market might tank for another month or two. BFD, we are talking about human lives here.

I well remember what almost everyone here has had to say about HIV + and/or AIDS patients who go out in the community and recklessly spread their disease.

Our situation today is no different than the AIDS patient. By now each and every one of us potentially has been exposed to this virus. We are morally obligated to take measures to control its spread.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

The bottom line is, every man woman and child in this nation WILL get this virus in the next six to eight months. There is no way around that.It is that contagious.

By now each and every one of us potentially has been exposed to this virus. We are morally obligated to take measures to control its spread.

You say all will be exposed. No get, the virus.Then tell us how it will be contained.

Please without the flag waving.

Last edited by battue; 03/16/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The bottom line is, every man woman and child in this nation WILL get this virus in the next six to eight months.

IIRC, the other day you said 3-4 months, why has the time frame changed so much and so suddenly ?

do you still maintain at least 1% ( 3.3 million or more) of the population will die?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Starman

The bottom line is, every man woman and child in this nation WILL get this virus in the next six to eight months.

IIRC, the other day you said 3-4 months, why has the time frame changed so much and so suddenly ?

do you still maintain at least 1% ( 3.3 million or more) of the population will die?

The post he was cuttin and pastin from at democrap underground got edited.

COVID-19 will be officially over on November 2, 2020.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dutch

The Diamond Princess is still the best we have as far as an indication of mortality.
696 people infected, everyone tested, 7 dead so far,and 321 still active. So, 1% so far.

cruise ships often have a higher proportion of older folk, (some are like a bingo crowd or retirement village afloat)
who have various pre-existing medical conditions, on an array of immunosuppressant medications
and/or sufferers of obesity,smokers, drinkers, ...,..

so how much that 1% reflects general society is highly debatable.

True.
Average age on that cruise was 58.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The bottom line is, every man woman and child in this nation WILL get this virus in the next six to eight months. There is no way around that. It is that contagious.

Some who get it will be asymptomatic, but contagious. Some will be contagious for two weeks before becoming symptomatic. And for some, symptoms will lead to death.

None of the "social distancing" measures we are being asked to abide by will stop the progression of this disease. But these measure can slow it down and help our medical community handle it in a more efficacious manner.

But it is all for naught if 25% of the population is too stubborn, proud, or (should I say it, yes) stupid to abide by .Gov requests.

Okay, it might cost some of us a paycheck or two. Some of us might have to stay home and actually raise our own little juvenile virus incubators. The stock market might tank for another month or two. BFD, we are talking about human lives here.

I well remember what almost everyone here has had to say about HIV + and/or AIDS patients who go out in the community and recklessly spread their disease.

Our situation today is no different than the AIDS patient. By now each and every one of us potentially has been exposed to this virus. We are morally obligated to take measures to control its spread.

This is what I'm concerned may occur.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/16/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Lots of places are taking measures unprecedented in America in hopes of slowing the infection rate. If those measures are effective, there is hope of slowing the doubling rate.

I see no evidence to support that any less than 1% of infected persons will die. In 1918 the rate of death is reported as in excess of 2% of the world population. Every report I have been able to find puts C-19 very comparable to the Spanish Flu of 1918 in terms of contagion, morbidity, and mortality.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by battue

The bottom line is, every man woman and child in this nation WILL get this virus in the next six to eight months. There is no way around that.It is that contagious.

By now each and every one of us potentially has been exposed to this virus. We are morally obligated to take measures to control its spread.

You say all will be exposed. No get, the virus.Then tell us how it will be contained.

It will not be "contained". We can only hope to slow the infection rate in order to relieve the pressure on our medical facilities. Yes, "flattening the curve".

Just like H1N1 of 1918, and H5N1 in 2006, there is no vaccine available for C-19. Nor will there be before this pandemic has cycled across the globe and burned itself out.

Once there are no more people left to infect, the disease will go away.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Fubarski

The post he was cuttin and pastin from at democrap underground got edited.

COVID-19 will be officially over on November 2, 2020.

And you are still a lying sack of schitt, as well as ignorant and stupid.

I have no knowledge of this "Democrap Underground" you mention. But I did pass four years of math classes in High School, and read at an advanced level so that I am actually aware of what reports from Europe are saying.

The doubling rate in Italy is still four days. Perhaps we can slow that to six days in US if people cooperate with "social distancing" instructions.

And no, I am not panicking. But I am preparing. Just as our ancestors prepared when small pox, or typhus, or influenza was epidemic in their environment. Only a fool would fail to prepare at this time.

Are you a fool?

As I am 64 years old with COPD, and somewhat over weight, there is a fair chance I will not live to see my 65'th birthday in July. No need to panic, but something to be aware of and prepared for.

Because that is what a proper conservative does: prepare.

Rather than stick their head in a cloud where all they see is rainbows and unicorns and tell everyone they know "It'll be all right. The future will take care of itself. Yeah, that's the ticket, the government will save us all."

That is pretty much the opposite of a conservative! But it sure sounds like YOUR posting on this topic.

Lack of preparation: I can not think of a faster way to destroy a nation.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by battue

It will not be "contained". We can only hope to slow the infection rate in order to relieve the pressure on our medical facilities. Yes, "flattening the curve".

Just like H1N1 of 1918, and H5N1 in 2006, there is no vaccine available for C-19. Nor will there be before this pandemic has cycled across the globe and burned itself out.

Once there are no more people left to infect, the disease will go away.

That's funny.

Human trial for a vaccine started today.

First Patient Dosed in Moderna's COVID-19 Vaccine Trial

nside the U.S., the first clinical trial for a vaccine to the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19 began today. It is mRNA-1273, developed by Moderna with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID). The product was shipped to NIAID on February 25.

https://www.biospace.com/article/moderna-s-covid-19-vaccine-clinical-trial-starts-today/

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Tarquin
7 percent....24,700 confirmed cases and 1800 deaths. Do the math.

I saw that one Epidemiologist said that 1.6 million (US deaths) is not out of the question. He based his opinion on statistics from China and Italy.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by djs

I saw that one Epidemiologist said that 1.6 million (US deaths) is not out of the question. He based his opinion on statistics from China and Italy.

Won't happen.

Too many smart people working way to hard to make sure it doesn't.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/16/20.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The virus was around last November, maybe earlier.

Was in the US during the holiday season.

Most travel and human interaction for the entire year.

So there's only two possibilities:

1 - It's too late to flatten the curve, as your curve theory is already behind, by double the time to get exposed; or

2 - There's no need to flatten the curve, because the virus isn't badass enough ta support the hysteria.

It's apparent why you're determined to believe the exaggerations reported about the virus.

And a conservative would realize they had a condition unique to them, and take his/her own measures to protect him/herself.

Not plead ta the government to restrict everbody else, so that they could feel better about their own infirmities.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by djs

Won't happen.

Too many smart people working way to hard to make sure it doesn't.

yup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fubarski
The virus was around last November, maybe earlier.

Was in the US during the holiday season.

Most travel and human interaction for the entire year.

So there's only two possibilities:

1 - It's too late to flatten the curve, as your curve theory is already behind, by double the time to get exposed; or

2 - There's no need to flatten the curve, because the virus isn't badass enough ta support the hysteria.

It's apparent why you're determined to believe the exaggerations reported about the virus.

And a conservative would realize they had a condition unique to them, and take his/her own measures to protect him/herself.

Not plead ta the government to restrict everbody else, so that they could feel better about their own infirmities.

I’ve seen no evidence supporting your claim, “[The virus] Was in the US during the holiday season.”

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The death rate is lower for healthy young people and higher for old people with certain pre-existing conditions. The overall percentage is lower key words being "confirmed cases". It will be interesting to see numbers from country like Britain that isn't really doing anything to combat this virus.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 1minute
How many unreported cases? Obviously, no one knows. I suspect the rate is considerably lower.

That's not how mortality is calculated. It is # of confirmed and # of dead

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
Originally Posted by 1minute
How many unreported cases? Obviously, no one knows. I suspect the rate is considerably lower.

That's not how mortality is calculated. It is # of confirmed and # of dead

Not true.

Go look at something like U.S flu statistics. Yes the numerator is actual deaths, but the denominator is an estimated number of cases, not just the confirmed cases.

Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 18,677 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,859
Posts18,537,673
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
1 hour ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.