Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Since you dont have freezer room, do you have a buddy with a deep freezer that will take a barreled receiver ?

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by passport
Originally Posted by Redneck
Cerrosafe...

https://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=cerrosafe&ksubmit=y&dym=y

I've used it for years... Works like a champ.. No muss, no fuss, NO damage to anything...

Thanks Lee, how is this used?

What I did was take a can a bit bigger than a soup can, bend one side to resemble the spout of a coffee pot, than place the item in the can and heat it GENTLY until it melts - it will resemble solder actually.. Prepare the rifle by running a good patch down the bore from the muzzle end and stop about 1/4" before the chamber mouth.. Leave the patch and the rod in there while you tip the rifle up muzzle down and angle the ejection port so you have a good view of the chamber mouth in which to pour the cerrosafe into it.. Pour JUST ENOUGH to fill the chamber w/o going over, if possible..

Set the can aside to cool. Leave the action alone for about 10-12 minutes.. Remove the rod and patch. Take another wooden dowel, insert into the muzzle to the chamber and tap a couple times.. The case should fall right out.. Then drop the case into the can, heat it again slowly until it melts and remove the empty case via forceps and throw away.. Once the cerrosafe cools, cover the can and keep.. It lasts forever..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by passport
Had to happen sooner or later... what’s the best way to get the remaining brass out of my chamber?

Were you able to remove the brass? How?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I have had several case heads separate in an Enfield years ago, when I reloaded 303 brass one time too many. The broken shell extractor with the teeth worked for me, but not by closing the bolt on it and pulling it out with the bolt. I unscrewed the fake case head off the broken shell extractor, screwed a cleaning rod into the teeth part, hooked the teeth over the front of the case, and whacked backwards on the handle of the cleaning rod a time or two with a hammer. Couple of whacks pulled those broken 303 shells right out.

Edit to add, there used to be two different makes of those broken shell extractors. One only had one row of those little teeth. The other one had two or three rows of teeth. I had far better luck with the one with multiple rows of teeth.

Last edited by auk1124; 04/18/20.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I am following this now, intently!
I had a 7mm rem Mag seperate and the case is still in there (minus the head of course). Tried a few tricks, nothing worked, It's now in the freezer until later today, then I don't know?
Off to a gunsmith maybe??

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,097
Posts18,483,038
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.