Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by Fubarski
This virus is attacking a population with zero demonstrated immunity.

The latest liberal propaganda, intended to spread hysteria.

If a person had an immunity, they'd never get infected.

So it's obvious that the people that catch the bug don't have any immunity to it.

Viruses change their characteristics every year, which is why the flu vaccine changes every year.

People that was immune the year before, ain't anymore.

It's the same as always.

This is another 99.99% B U L L S H I T post. Most of us carry varying degrees of immunity to pathogens we have been exposed to.

Some viruses change frequently. Some do not.

People that were immune to an influenza strain at some point frequently do carry immunity in some degree to mutated versions of the same strain and thus suffer much milder illness. It's why getting a flu shot EVERY year does more than just protect against those strains in in vaccine.

This is not liberal hysteria nor propaganda. It is facts.

Immunity is not an either or condition. It is a continuum. A good example is vaccines. They may wholly prevent an illness while they are still current. But... as time passes immunity wanes and how effective they are wanes as well. This is true for individuals and moreso across a population.

edited to add: This is precisely why old people whose immune systems re known to be less robust get a larger dose of flu vaccine annually. Their immunity was simply not so well assured with a standard dose of the vaccine.

You are foolish to think that the Dims and the Liberal Media aren't playing this for all they can. They want this to last as long as possible and cost as much as it can.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MM879
This virus is attacking a population with zero demonstrated immunity.

The latest liberal propaganda, intended to spread hysteria.

If a person had an immunity, they'd never get infected.

So it's obvious that the people that catch the bug don't have any immunity to it.

Viruses change their characteristics every year, which is why the flu vaccine changes every year.

People that was immune the year before, ain't anymore.

It's the same as always.

This is another 99.99% B U L L S H I T post. Most of us carry varying degrees of immunity to pathogens we have been exposed to.

Some viruses change frequently. Some do not.

People that were immune to an influenza strain at some point frequently do carry immunity in some degree to mutated versions of the same strain and thus suffer much milder illness. It's why getting a flu shot EVERY year does more than just protect against those strains in in vaccine.

This is not liberal hysteria nor propaganda. It is facts.

Immunity is not an either or condition. It is a continuum. A good example is vaccines. They may wholly prevent an illness while they are still current. But... as time passes immunity wanes and how effective they are wanes as well. This is true for individuals and moreso across a population.

edited to add: This is precisely why old people whose immune systems re known to be less robust get a larger dose of flu vaccine annually. Their immunity was simply not so well assured with a standard dose of the vaccine.

You are foolish to think that the Dims and the Liberal Media aren't playing this for all they can. They want this to last as long as possible and cost as much as it can.

Well, it's good to learn that I don't know a single Dim or read any Liberal Media.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Immunity is not an either or condition. It is a continuum.

Then how can anybody have "zero" immunity?

Your latest bullshit is contradicting your earlier bullshit.

Hysterical propaganda with no end.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
FWIW, China has closed all of the 16 makeshift hospitals it built to deal with the morona virus.

They were all empty.

https://www.scmp.com/photos/3074488/wuhan-close-makeshift-hospitals-covid-19-patients

Yep, the health care workers are all dead. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

That's because you are too fugging stupid to realize you are running your mouth without understanding anything about the subject. You have no immunity to this corona virus because you have never been exposed to it. We as a population have never been exposed to it. So you as an individual and we as a population have no immunity to this corona virus. Until your immune system sees a pathogen it can build no defense against it. Where the hell do you get the gall to accuse anyone of hysterical propaganda?

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[You have no immunity to this corona virus because you have never been exposed to it.

That is true for every germ people come across.

And that is what makes it hysterical bullshit

Which is what I pointed out earlier, before you began arguing with yourself.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MM879

What kind dumb does it take to think the opposition would not use every bit of this rodeo to their advantage that they can? My neighbor's idiot dog is smarter than that. They have zero need to lift a finger to make it worse or last longer when they have the idiot in chief calling it a hoax in front of the world. This [bleep] is killing people and he pulls a stunt like that???

We have no need of enemies with people like you running their mouth.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[You have no immunity to this corona virus because you have never been exposed to it.

Provide support for that claim.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We as a population have never been exposed to it. So you as an individual and we as a population
have no immunity to this corona virus. Until your immune system sees a pathogen it can build no defense against it.

overwhelmingly the infected have survived C19 , thus how can you claim 'zero demonstrated immunity".?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Provide support for that claim.

Already did that, above.

If you've got an immunity to a germ, you can be exposed to it and your body will kill it before it can reproduce enough to cause problems.

You can't catch the same cold (or flu) twice, because your body has developed antibodies ready to kill the infection.

*Only* germs your body hasn't been exposed to before, can cause problems.

And that's the way it's been since there was humans.

Only an anti-American liberal would try and twist that fact to try and screw the country.

Here's some simple shat for a simple [bleep]:

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/catch-cold-twice-video

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Starman

No everyone would not NECESSARILY die. That is a function of their current state of health,
perhaps the dosage of the pathogen, the virulence of the pathogen. ...

Then what did you mean by "This virus is attacking a population with zero demonstrated immunity"..?

. My understanding is that the corona virus 19 is not mitigated by immune response.

Do you mean the collective immune system does not in anyway resist the bacterial or viral infection
due to C19?....So there is no innate immune response to bacteria (intracellular) pathogens, nor,
adaptive immune rersponse to viral (intercellular) pathogens?

There is nearly always immune response to a forein pathogen but that response is so small it cannot prevent infection and disease that follows. You body always recognizes self and non-self and will try to generate antibodies to attach to the non-self. That takes time and viruses can and will invade cells to capture to reproductive machinery of the cells before the body has martialed it defenses. During the time the virus is inside cells it is not visible to antibodies if they have been produced and it is busily replicating inside the cells until it ruptures spilling out all the copies. Given an adequate amount of time and a large enough initial viral assault this can result in a huge viral load in the body, a viremia.

Bluntly, with a naive immune system you body can recognize an invader, but it has no competence to fight back. You are defenseless until your body builds the antibodies to attach to the invader and in that interval is when you get to experience disease and or death. Youth, old age, sickness, poor general health all can slow the response down and prolong/magnify the disease and thus limit your survival prospects.

That's about as simple as it can be explained quickly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There is nearly always immune response to a forein pathogen but that response is so small it cannot
prevent infection and disease that follows. .

with C19 its not all about the immune system under-responding, there are cases or people having
over-active immune systems, also detrimental to patients.

My understanding is that the corona virus 19 is not mitigated by immune response

the immune system has no mitigation effect on C19? ..how do you explain the many survivors?

Bluntly, with a naive immune system you body can recognize an invader, but it has no competence to fight back.
You are defenseless until your body builds the antibodies to attach to the invader and in that interval is when you
get to experience disease and or death. Youth, old age, sickness, poor general health all can slow the response
down and prolong/magnify the disease and thus limit your survival prospects.

That's about as simple as it can be explained quickly.

LOL.. I dont need you to explain the immune system to me short or long winded,
simply to distract from the questions I posed.

better you just explain to readers your contradictory statements.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Okay, picture a sliding scale from zero to one hundred.

Zero is zero immunity. That is where the human population across the world this year with this virus. Every one of us when infected with this virus have zero resistance. The virus will infect our bodies, and our immune system will respond to kill the virus. Ths is immune response, which is entirely different from preexisting immunity as from a vaccination.

100 is preexisting immunity as in a recent vaccination, or one who has recovered from a viral infection such as small pox. In this case, the virus can never get a start in our body because the agents to fight it are already in our blood.

To say that our immune response is on a continuum is to say that not all individuals are at 0 or 100. Some individuals may exist at 30 or 50 or 70 on the scale. This means they do have some antibodies in their blood, but not necessarily enough to totally prevent an infection. The virus will propagate to some extent in their system until their immune system has time to respond. But they will be partially protected. The viral reproductive rate in their system will be slowed and their immune system will have an easier time of catching up than if they had no protection.

The world does not exist in black or white. But in various shades of grey with white on one end and black on the other.

Yes, in regard to this C-19 virus. The human population has no immunity, because we have never encountered this virus before.

Why some individuals' immune system can ramp up so quickly that they never get sick, while others degrade for weeks and eventually die is still a mystery.

Because we do not have an explanation for this difference certainly does not indicate the difference does not exist.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Every one of us when infected with this virus have zero resistance.

And that's true for every virus on this planet.

If a person hasn't encountered that particular virus before, they will have no resistance to it, until their body develops the proper antibodies.

Same bullshit, different bullshit artist.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Already did that, above.

If you've got an immunity to a germ, you can be exposed to it and your body will kill it before it can reproduce enough to cause problems.

You can't catch the same cold (or flu) twice, because your body has developed antibodies ready to kill the infection.

*Only* germs your body hasn't been exposed to before, can cause problems.

And that's the way it's been since there was humans.

Only an anti-American liberal would try and twist that fact to try and screw the country.

Here's some simple shat for a simple [bleep]:

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/catch-cold-twice-video

More B U L L S H I T.

You can (and do) lose acquired immunity be it acquired from vaccination or from exposure to the live pathogens. Even can children understand why they need to have their vaccinations boostered. Many pathogens do not vary enough over short periods that they need to be reformulated often and some not at all. Some pathogens and some vaccinations produce a weaker immune response that does not last long and require larger exposure and more frequent boosters.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Stop embarrassing yourself.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
When the body count reaches a million worldwide then I will get concerned.

Amazing how many buy into the hysteria.....

More dangerous than the virus is everybody's panic like reaction, we are melting down our economy over a few thousand deaths..... really? wtf

And save me the bullshit about the predictions.... same people are trying to convince me of global warming. Remember the hockey stick computer model.... fools , dangerous fools with an agenda

Spot on again. 7,600 dead in a global population of 8.5 billion. We're doing trillion plus dollars in damage to the global economy.....JFC.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Every one of us when infected with this virus have zero resistance.

And that's true for every virus on this planet.

If a person hasn't encountered that particular virus before, they will have no resistance to it, until their body develops the proper antibodies.

Same bullshit, different bullshit artist.

If you are exposed to a virus that mutates it may be like an influenza and mutate a small amount and you may be able to mount a weaker response.

Get it right .

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
There's really nothing more to be said.

You're wrong and I'm right.

When this morona crap blows over, and nothin more than a normal flu season has occurred, I'm sure you'll take the time outta your busy schedule to apologize to the fire for makin such an ass outta yourself.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by irfubar
When the body count reaches a million worldwide then I will get concerned.

Amazing how many buy into the hysteria.....

More dangerous than the virus is everybody's panic like reaction, we are melting down our economy over a few thousand deaths..... really? wtf

And save me the bullshit about the predictions.... same people are trying to convince me of global warming. Remember the hockey stick computer model.... fools , dangerous fools with an agenda

Spot on again. 7,600 dead in a global population of 8.5 billion. We're doing trillion plus dollars in damage to the global economy.....JFC.

7600 in the first three months mind you and that number is quite accurately tracking an exponential curve and exactly how long should we wait and listen to people who know nothing or next to it before we take action?

How long and then, how many of the deaths are you willing to stand up and say I had a hand in this because is gave bad information?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There's really nothing more to be said.

You're wrong and I'm right.

When this morona crap blows over, and nothin more than a normal flu season has occurred, I'm sure you'll take the time outta your busy schedule to apologize to the fire for makin such an ass outta yourself.

I have book marked this because you will be asked.

Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,179
Posts18,484,697
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.