Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
>>Should make for some good buys on used guns in 6 months...........<<

That's what my friend's son told his dad, that in 6 months or so he expects that he'll be buying most of them back. I wonder how many will be trying to sell them without going thru an FFL as is required here in NY. Could be a few stupid people getting pinched. That would an advanced education where they get a nice orange gown but no diploma.

Last edited by cooper57m; 03/19/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I hear NICS has been shut down

If you have a CHL here, and I know Texas is the same same, no NICS needed.

Yep. In TX, no NICS Check required of you have a LTC, which is what our old CHL is called nowadays.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m glad the gun and ammo retailers are getting a surge in business.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by cooper57m
.......... most have been liberals who know nothing about guns or gun laws. One bought a Rem 742 in 30-06 .....
LMAO.... What a noob....

That’s amateurish unless it’s a Carbine model

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The guy who bought the 30-06 for home defense was told it was a poor choice as any round shot would likely go thru the perp (if he was lucky enough to hit him) and then would go thru his house and likely end up in a neighbor's house. His reply was that he wouldn't shoot unless it was really necessary. Isn't that comforting?

ps Wouldn't you love to be his neighbor when this noob loads that thing up, while trying to figure out how to operate it from YouTube. "What's this little button thingy behind the trigger gizmo."

Last edited by cooper57m; 03/19/20.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Another when seeing there were no more long guns, asked to buy a Glock in the show case. Asked if he had a permit, he wasn't aware he needed one then asked if he could get a permit from the store. (Here in NY it takes up to a year and rarely less than 6 months to get a restricted permit.) A lot of people are getting an education here about gun control in NY.

A perfect example of Rush Limbaugh's "Low information voter."

[u][/u]

Moe

"Pick out two!"
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
The Real Hawkeye: Because you have not given an opinion at all, I must ask you - what do you think is causing this.
Corona-virus is the obvious but not definitive answer.
Why buy now?
I can't figger it out.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Quak
Im a bit of an idiot myself. I looked through my reloading stuff and saw i only had about 100 large rifle primers left so i went on to midway and bought another box of 1k. Paid full boat plus hazmat...almost $70 in total. Then proceeded to look in another drawer to find...a box of 1000 primers.

stupid is as stupid does i suppose. In 3 months when they arrive i will keep them as a momento of my stupidity

Damn! What an idiot! crazy

LOL. Just kidding. Could happen to anyone.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
The Real Hawkeye: Because you have not given an opinion at all, I must ask you - what do you think is causing this.
Corona-virus is the obvious but not definitive answer.
Why buy now?
I can't figger it out.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I hope you're joking. Every time someone says that, I respond to it. Must have done so three or four times this week. People are buying guns for fear of civil unrest and collapse of social order in the wake of a pandemic. What's complicated about that?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It absolutely is the virus thing. People are preparing to defend their TP stash. I was told this morning there were fist fights at our only local supermarket over TP and water. They were grabbing it as soon as it came off the truck. I also heard that rich folk from NYC are renting out B&Bs here in upstate NY thinking it's safer in the country, meanwhile likely bringing the virus up here with them. It's only going to get crazier!

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (10gaugemag, 673, 79S, 450hunter, 21 invisible), 1,933 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,478
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.